Diablo® III

Multiboxing is legal or not? (C.S. said Yes)

Just "yes" or "no" from a Blue!

What I mean by Multiboxing is that "Playing Diablo 3 with multiple Accounts in one computer playing with one keyboard, controlled by one person".

Everybody says something else, I have 2 accounts, for me and for my wife. she plays barely nowadays and I saw some videos in the youtube about multiboxing, and it sounds so fun... I tried it and it is working properly in my laptop. Diablo has become like a new game to me.

There are many discussions on the forums, threads etc. But I cannot find any blue says you can use it or not directly.

They just say, "look at the aggrements/Term of Use" etc at most I see.

I do not know why they cannot say "yes" or "no' to the very simple question, but I want to know what is the answer from a blue, not some random thoughts from people!

Customer Support said Multiboxing is legal
Here is the proof...
http://s12.postimage.org/nufx65k0d/multiboxing.jpg
Edited by Oray#2440 on 12/10/2012 10:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Blue has already said it's legal, can you not read? Search the thread, not looking for it for you.
Reply Quote
Inigo Montoya has been discussed ad nauseum on these boards as he is a multiboxing streamer (and now a few more have cropped up). He has never been banned or warned about multiboxing since day 1 in May. Take that for what it's worth.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Aesthetic
Blue has already said it's legal, can you not read? Search the thread, not looking for it for you.

There is no such blue post I could find... I will be appreciated if you can link it here please.
Reply Quote
What the heck is multiboxing?

Why does Croy think it's cheating?
Reply Quote
I remember a blue post (which I can't find now, possibly Bashiok in a deleted thread) that said something along the lines of "multiboxing is tolerated (for now)".

Does anyone else remember this discussion? It is beyond my Google-fu to locate it, so maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems real to me.
Reply Quote

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=multiboxing
Reply Quote

Its playing 2-4 accounts simultaneously using one keyboard and mouse . So one person playing 4 accounts at the same time. 2-4 x the gold and drops. As if that isn't like cheating or is not a unfair advantage.

When blizzard provides info in the play guide on how everyone can do this then i will change my tune. But it does not.....
Edited by Croy#1972 on 11/30/2012 1:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 01:02 PMPosted by kastermaster
i would believe multiboxing is legal only if the accounts being used are on separate machines. If you are using third party software to open more than one diablo 3 on the same computer you can most certainly be banned by warden since it scans your memory/ram looking for flagged programs on your computer that blizzard has deemed to be only used by hackers.

I am sorry but this is what you think only, maybe they tolerate it for now, but I just want to make sure it is legal since I have some billions in my accounts.
Reply Quote

Its playing 2-4 accounts simultaneously using one keyboard and mouse . So one person playing 4 accounts at the same time. 2-4 x the gold and drops. As if that isn't like cheating or is not a unfair advantage.

When blizzard provides info in the play guide on how everyone can do this then i will change my tune. But it does not.....

Yup, sounds like cheating to me as well.

Thanks Croy.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 01:04 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
This is D3 Dev thinking for you.

It's probably more complicated than that. Given its hush-hush nature and the deletion of topics surrounding it, it seems to be one of those elephants-in-the-room that no one from Blizz talks about. Kinda like how no one notices your uncle's alcoholism at Thanksgiving dinner. Anyway, I digress...

The Devs probably take a dim view of multiboxing, given how they didn't design for it. On the other hand, the revenue/marketing/sales folks at Blizz are way cool with it. They see a $240 sale* where only a $60 sale would exist in the Devs world. The blues aren't allowed any editorial leeway on this (or any other topic), so they don't say anything.

*MSRP
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Zuzax
This is D3 Dev thinking for you.

It's probably more complicated than that. Given its hush-hush nature and the deletion of topics surrounding it, it seems to be one of those elephants-in-the-room that no one from Blizz talks about. Kinda like how no one notices your uncle's alcoholism at Thanksgiving dinner. Anyway, I digress...

The Devs probably take a dim view of multiboxing, given how they didn't design for it. On the other hand, the revenue/marketing/sales folks at Blizz are way cool with it. They see a $240 sale* where only a $60 sale would exist in the Devs world. The blues aren't allowed any editorial leeway on this (or any other topic), so they don't say anything.

*MSRP

So, how are we going to know whether if it is legal or not then?
Reply Quote
It's legal as far as I know, although it was banned in 17 states back in spring of '46
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Oray

*MSRP

So, how are we going to know whether if it is legal or not then?
I don't think they want you to know.
Reply Quote
I can sum up the root of most problems in this game and even in the world today in ONE word.

GREED
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]