Diablo® III

Multiboxing is legal or not? (C.S. said Yes)

Quick^^ Everyone go buy x3 more copies!
Reply Quote
*any* 3rd party program which interacts with or alters diablo3 in *any* way is a potentially bannable offense, and is one of the reasons why it is online only.. This isn't conjecture.. thy've said *ANY* attempt to alter the game play is walking on thin ice..

Runnign 2, 6, 20, 500 accounts simultaneously - botted or not - is altering the game. What part of that is so hard to understand?

If it isn't available, from Blizzard, for D3, it isn't allowed. Period.

Multiboxing seems exception! I got a message from Customer Service Representative as Yes, Multiboxing is legal to use in Diablo 3!
Reply Quote
*any* 3rd party program which interacts with or alters diablo3 in *any* way is a potentially bannable offense, and is one of the reasons why it is online only.. This isn't conjecture.. thy've said *ANY* attempt to alter the game play is walking on thin ice..

Runnign 2, 6, 20, 500 accounts simultaneously - botted or not - is altering the game. What part of that is so hard to understand?

Multiboxing seems exception! I got a message from Customer Service Representative as Yes, Multiboxing is legal to use in Diablo 3!

Lol you went though quite a bit of trouble to verify this, I don't blame you really considering you could have billions at stake. Although the quote I gave you before was legit.
Reply Quote
I am really trying to understand how multiboxing impacts a ONE PLAYER GAME>

WHO CARES IF THEY RUN THREE/four ACCOUNTS. Jeez the stupidity. I really try to understand people who play this game and I just can't. If i ever do i will shoot myself...

but really how does the way someone else plays affect you in a 1 player game??

Do they steal farm from you ??? Do they Kill your toon over and over again??

How does it affect you ???

1. assumption that this is not a one player game is false, hence rest of argument falls apart

2. to spell it out, the effect is of one person getting 4x loot and gold drops compared to the average player... thus his wealth grows 4x faster.

3. wealth multiplies vs. wealth, same type of player is also likely to be an AH flipper, and so drives demand using powerful wealth, causing prices to increase

4. increased prices on normal players force them to turn to alternative means in order to fund their gear, alternative means means buying gold from Blizzard, or from botters (cheaper but illegal), one a bad choice, one a worse choice, in order to remain competitive.

5. the more drops for the entire community the less likely any particular future drop for an individual player will have a particular worth. In other words as we all know 99.99% of everything is devaluing and that's normal, but if everyone were receiving 4x droprates then this devaluation would accelerate... thus the multiboxer is increasing devaluation rates but also magnifying his own droprates and multiplication of wealth

This is all completely OBVIOUS because that's why they DO it. It's to their advantage to do so. When we are all linked by the AH, anything that one person is doing that bends the rules in their favor is to the detriment of everyone else.

If Blizzard says it's only bending the rules, then everyone is on the same field and can do the same thing. So what if they just made that a built in feature of the game that you could control four toons by clicking a button and receiving 4x droprates but banned multiboxing. Then everything would be equal across the board. But everyone would turn that option on or else suffer by being left behind in the wealth magnification.

Now if there are only a half a dozen multiboxers vs 1 million players their net effect on everyone else is fairly small. But it's just one more class of exploitative type behavior that has a weight on the economy and the game.

Blizzard of course has the #1 exploit in allowing you to buy items with your credit card or to buy gold. Everything begins distorting from there the moment someone can buy a $250 item on RMAH, sell it for 7 billion gold, turn that gold back into money and buy more items.

In essence the whole system is completely broken and it's a mad scramble by everyone trying to find an edge. So be it.

But I just wanted to throw out your ridiculous assertion that (a) it's a single player game and (b) things one player does has no effect on the others. If we were not connected through AH and if I could play this thing without a net connection then you'd have a foot to stand on.
Reply Quote

Lol to funny. Multi-boxing using the program IsBoxer for example does not alter the game.
It just lets you play all at once, it can also be done without any special program if you know how. They don't let people use 3rd party programs that alter the game. ALTER being the key word here. How does playing 4 accounts alter the game ? It's not cheating, it's not 4 times the loot because guess what ? They still have to gear 4 times the characters lol.
Reply Quote

Lol you went though quite a bit of trouble to verify this, I don't blame you really considering you could have billions at stake. Although the quote I gave you before was legit.

I could not risk my billions :)
Reply Quote
Its legal its been going on almost since WoW came out. As for it being called cheating, I don't think so.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 07:39 AMPosted by Winky
Its legal its been going on almost since WoW came out. As for it being called cheating, I don't think so.

It is, but I could not find any article/thread about it... anyway, now anyone can use it!
Reply Quote
Multiboxing have to be legal tho, its just multiple D3s on 1 IP, imagne 2 brothers + dad play D3 in 1 house, same IP, same game. How to see the difference if its 4x D3 by 1 person or 4x D3 by 4 persons.

Sadly Macros are not legal, atleast rumors say so and i couldn't find any official statement about macros.
Reply Quote
Multiboxing have to be legal tho, its just multiple D3s on 1 IP, imagne 2 brothers + dad play D3 in 1 house, same IP, same game. How to see the difference if its 4x D3 by 1 person or 4x D3 by 4 persons.

Sadly Macros are not legal, atleast rumors say so and i couldn't find any official statement about macros.

unfortunately, most of them are illegal, but you cannot directly say that this macro is okay or not to be honest -.-
Reply Quote
If you people cant play without cheating or having an advantage over others. DON'T PLAY THE $%^&ING GAME. FFS

Cheating? How is it cheating? Multiboxing is not botting. Blizzard does allow it and actually has approved the use of several multiboxing software programs. Multiboxing is not botting. So don't go there. That would just show ignorance on your part. "Advantage over others"...that's a joke. Should we make everyone play at the slowest speed of any player (I promise you, you would not like playing at my cell phone connection speed - my good days run at 100kbps). Such a dumb argument.
Reply Quote
If you people cant play without cheating or having an advantage over others. DON'T PLAY THE $%^&ING GAME. FFS

Cheating? How is it cheating? Multiboxing is not botting. Blizzard does allow it and actually has approved the use of several multiboxing software programs. Multiboxing is not botting. So don't go there. That would just show ignorance on your part. "Advantage over others"...that's a joke. Should we make everyone play at the slowest speed of any player (I promise you, you would not like playing at my cell phone connection speed - my good days run at 100kbps). Such a dumb argument.

I totally agree, I bought 4 accounts, level them up to 60 in 2 hours and all of them are paragon level 21 already in total 10 hours :)

all has 300 MF, lots of legendaries, I sold one of them for 125M already! loved multiboxing!
Edited by Oray#2440 on 12/4/2012 11:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
How is it legal? It's a macro running your ONE keypress to do MULTIPLE functions.

That krip loser uses it with his bots.
Reply Quote
The problem is not multiboxing. The problem is the third party program you use to make multioxing easy.

If you are alt tabing or use KVM or whatever it's perfectly legal. When you use those third party program to multibox it get debatable.

The question is how far does those third party program go. Does it provide syncing etc. When one of your character is out of sync does it automatically move together to the group. That is where probably things get debatable.

Even if they say mutliboxing is legal, try to send a ticket asking about the third party program. I doubt they will say it is legal. At best they will give a vague answer.
Edited by laokoko14#3736 on 12/4/2012 11:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
17 Gnome Mage

Stop spouting crap. Multiboxing doesn't alter D3 in anyway and it is allowed.

Imagine if you had one keyboard with 4 cords plugged into 4 different computers. The keyboard would control all 4 computers w/o altering D3 in anyway. That is pretty much how multiboxing works except it's on a single computer.

Also such a minor portion of population multiboxes that the revenue generated from it is practically nothing. If they actually brought up revenue from multiboxers in a shareholder conference call they would be laughed at for wasting their time. Hell, if they make enough money from multiboxers to pay for a single mid level employee's salary I'd be shocked.
Reply Quote
I think some people really don't know what a KVM switch is.

Okay, picture this. Imagine I have four computers in a row with four monitors, four keyboards, and and four mice and a separate chair in front of each. I and my three friends play Diablo as a team on these four computers with four legally purchased copies of D3, one on each computer. Everything belongs to me. Do any of you have a problem with that scenario? Is it wrong? Is it in violation of the terms of agreement?

Now imagine that instead of having my three friends come over and play D3 with me, I fire up all 4 copies at once and run back and forth from computer to computer, playing four characters at once on four separate accounts. Kind of awkward, and maybe even stupid, but still perfectly legal, wouldn't you agree?

Now imagine that instead of having separate monitors and keyboards and mice for each computer, I buy a piece of hardware known as a KVM or KVM switch. KVM stands for Keyboard Video Mouse and it allows me to use a single keyboard, a single monitor, and a single mouse for all four computers. It cuts way down on the amount of hardware I use and as far as I know does not require ANY ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE ON ANY OF MY COMPUTERS! (for the ones that keep harping on that particular aspect of legality). It is absolutely undetectable from Blizzard's end for this reason. The KVM switch has inputs for one mouse and one keyboard and four monitor feeds from four computers. It has outputs for four mice, four keyboards and one monitor feed going to the monitor. By pressing a button on the KVM switch itself or sometimes pressing a certain key on my keyboard two times very quickly, it cycles me between my four computers. As far as Blizzard is concerned, I might as well be unplugging my mouse, my monitor, and my keyboard from one computer and quickly plugging it into another computer, because that is effectively what the KVM switch does.

A KVM switch is a legitimate piece of hardware that is often used by non-gamers. I used to use one for years. I had an internet computer and then I had a non-internet computer I kept sensitive material on, that I couldn't risk being hacked. I used a KVM to cycle back and forth without cluttering up my space with a bunch of extra gear. I would bet that quite a few Blizzard emloyees use them, and not for gaming.

EDITTED (Fimble's post was posted while I was still typing, so I am not disagreeing with him with this post).
Edited by Nutjob#1921 on 12/4/2012 1:24 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]