Diablo® III

Multiboxing is legal or not? (C.S. said Yes)

I use KVM when I multibox in wow like 6 years ago. The reality is no one use it anymore.

Most people use 1 computer and load multiple copy of the game. They use third party program to make multiboxing easier. The only gamer who still use KVM is probably the one that load like 100+ copy of the game. Since their computer isn't good enough to run 100 copy.

Most people's computer is good enough that they can run 10 copy of wow or 4 copy of diablo no problem. If you search google or watch twitch pretty much everyone multiboxing is doing on 1 computer.

Me personally I dont' care about other people multiboxing. It is just a game after all, and I don't care too much what other people do. And if you care that much just do it yourself.
Reply Quote
To be honest, I believe that if Multiboxing is allowed, AutoIt, AutoHotkey macro softwares should be allowed too... The idea is actually close to them...
Reply Quote
I think multiboxing is legal even opening 2 games in same computer.
if yo play one account, alt tab, play another account, alt tab...
Reply Quote
Multi-boxing is allowed in all Blizzard games. There is nothing wrong with it.

What is not allowed are programs used for automation. Most multi-boxers use programs that automate the additional accounts to keep the characters together and pass along key strokes to the other toons.

Multi-boxing is not the problem, 3rd party automation programs are the problem. If you are not using any kind of automation tools then there is no question that it is "legal", but if you are using automation tools then it is likely "illegal". Playing 4 characters at the same time cannot be accomplished without automation tools. Even if you are simply passing keystrokes to the other accounts, which should be "legal", the characters will eventually get too far away from each other to function correctly. An automation tool to keep the characters grouped together is kind of required for multi-boxing.
Reply Quote
Have to be using third party software to do it otherwise they would all write to the same cache folder and it can't be done on the same machine. Maybe virtual machines that might work but you would need a very very beefy machine to run them all.
Reply Quote
Actually it not a machine issue it's a bandwidth issue being used on the same machine. Virtual would work but multiple session going on the same bandwidth would suck. I know mine and I am on a wi-fi hotspot if I am downloading something I can
t run D3 at least not optimally.
Reply Quote
Actually it not a machine issue it's a bandwidth issue being used on the same machine. Virtual would work but multiple session going on the same bandwidth would suck. I know mine and I am on a wi-fi hotspot if I am downloading something I can
t run D3 at least not optimally.

Really? I find D3 super light on bandwidth. I regularly play while downloading multiple files (at high transfer rates) and I don't notice any slowdowns as a result. I expected I would but i don't.
Reply Quote
ive not researched what is required to multibox but maybe this blue post will help...

11/27/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Vaeflare
Regardless of what modes you intend to play -- if you enjoy solo-play or playing with friends -- third-party software of any kind is not permitted in conjunction with Diablo III. I would highly suggest you check out [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7810825/Diablo_III_Players_Banned-11_8_2012"]this recent blog post[/url] for further information.
Edited by Defatank#1977 on 12/5/2012 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
ive not researched what is required to multibox but maybe this blue post will help...

Regardless of what modes you intend to play -- if you enjoy solo-play or playing with friends -- third-party software of any kind is not permitted in conjunction with Diablo III. I would highly suggest you check out [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7810825/Diablo_III_Players_Banned-11_8_2012"]this recent blog post[/url] for further information.

this blue does not help, because multiboxing is an exception, I got an answer from a blue... You do not modify or access Diablo 3 files. You just open multiple Diablo 3s at the same time.
Reply Quote
if you have more than one account, you can even bot, blizzard cant detect you.
multiboxing isnt illegal.
Reply Quote
As long as a human is controlling the actions, it is legal.
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 09:57 AMPosted by Zork
As long as a human is controlling the actions, it is legal.

They should allow macro softwares too then imo!
Reply Quote
could be all simply avoided if the skills in this game would actually work better. Allowing more synergies, increasing the duration of the skills and lowering the cooldown times.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 01:02 PMPosted by kastermaster
i would believe multiboxing is legal only if the accounts being used are on separate machines. If you are using third party software to open more than one diablo 3 on the same computer you can most certainly be banned by warden since it scans your memory/ram looking for flagged programs on your computer that blizzard has deemed to be only used by hackers.

And one click per key press - no programmable mouse, keyboards, etc.

Then it's legal - same as in WoW.

I remember in WoW there was a player who was 10-boxing. Ran 10-man raids all by himself (and 5-man dungeons, too).

He said at one time he was considerating 25-man boxing, but I left WoW and never found out if he did that.

Would have been awesome.
Edited by SixSixSix#1326 on 12/9/2012 8:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 08:05 AMPosted by justhackitup
So do multibox people have 4 purchases of D3? Or are they running multiple instances of D3 all stemming from a single copy?

Actually both, the program I use opens 4 Diablo 3 instances (also in one installation directory, not 4) but you need 4 accounts to play (you cannot open the same account 4 times)
Reply Quote
If it's not a cheat it won't get you banned. That's what Jay Wilson said.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 08:13 AMPosted by Vicc
If it's not a cheat it won't get you banned. That's what Jay Wilson said.

we all love JW!
Reply Quote

I have 2 accounts, for me and for my wife. she plays barely nowadays and I saw some videos in the youtube about multiboxing, and it sounds so fun... I tried it and it is working properly in my laptop. Diablo has become like a new game to me.g

Multiboxing is legal in WoW and D3, using either hardware or multiplexing software like ISBoxer, and likely will be until the games are shut down.

The way you want to do it though can get you banned...this is because the only legal way to multibox is to own all the accounts you are using, if one of them is in your wife's name then you can be banned for account sharing, not multiboxing.
Reply Quote

I have 2 accounts, for me and for my wife. she plays barely nowadays and I saw some videos in the youtube about multiboxing, and it sounds so fun... I tried it and it is working properly in my laptop. Diablo has become like a new game to me.g

Multiboxing is legal in WoW and D3, using either hardware or multiplexing software like ISBoxer, and likely will be until the games are shut down.

The way you want to do it though can get you banned...this is because the only legal way to multibox is to own all the accounts you are using, if one of them is in your wife's name then you can be banned for account sharing, not multiboxing.

that does not make any sense... it is my wife's account, we share the same place etc! Why can't I use my wife's account? Even insurance is shared...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]