Diablo® III

Multiboxing is legal or not? (C.S. said Yes)

Bump blue request
Reply Quote
Muliboxing is legal.

Using 3rd party software to manipulate the game is not.
Have fun.
Reply Quote
"Playing Diablo 3 with multiple Accounts in one computer playing with one keyboard, controlled by one person".

Doing this has gotten many players banned.

Blizzard doesn't announce these things but so there isn't any official source for bannings. People I know on my friend list have lost accounts (and bought more) due to playing multiple characters at the same time. Banned because of this:

12/05/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Civ
What is not allowed are programs used for automation. Most multi-boxers use programs that automate the additional accounts to keep the characters together and pass along key strokes to the other toons.

There is no point to multiboxing without automating all 4 characters at once. Since this is cheating, there is no point to multiboxing without cheating.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/14/2012 6:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 06:29 PMPosted by Chillaxin
"Playing Diablo 3 with multiple Accounts in one computer playing with one keyboard, controlled by one person".

Doing this has gotten many players banned.

Blizzard doesn't announce these things but so there isn't any official source for bannings. People I know on my friend list have lost accounts (and bought more) due to playing multiple characters at the same time. Banned because of this:

12/05/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Civ
What is not allowed are programs used for automation. Most multi-boxers use programs that automate the additional accounts to keep the characters together and pass along key strokes to the other toons.

There is no point to multiboxing without automating all 4 characters at once. Since this is cheating, there is no point to multiboxing without cheating.

Well, Customer Service Representative says lie then? Check my first post for SS...
Reply Quote
It's getting harder for Blizzard to distinguish who is a multiboxer and who is a botter . The Botter program Demonbuddy incorporates the famous multiboxing software (ISBoxer) in it's setup so it is causing alot of problems for boxers right now. There are guides on the botter web pages on how to use the multiboxing software with their bot programs, i'm sure Blizzard is aware of this also. I wouldn't advise boxing in D3 right now using any outside program.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Oray
Well, Customer Service Representative says lie then? Check my first post for SS...

He is answering your question "is multiboxing legal". And he answered yes.

Now ask the representative " Am I allowed to use 3rd party software that enables me to control 4 characters at the same time"

See what your representative has to say about that question.

I do have some information that may interest you. I have seen people get banned for controlling 4 characters to do the same actions at the same time using the same computer. However, I've never heard of anyone getting banned who uses 4 different computers to play 4 different characters. They are still cheaters who have not been caught yet.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 08:43 PMPosted by Chillaxin

He is answering your question "is multiboxing legal". And he answered yes.

Now ask the representative " Am I allowed to use 3rd party software that enables me to control 4 characters at the same time"

See what your representative has to say about that question.

I do have some information that may interest you. I have seen people get banned for controlling 4 characters to do the same actions at the same time using the same computer. However, I've never heard of anyone getting banned who uses 4 different computers to play 4 different characters. They are still cheaters who have not been caught yet.

I did not ask directly multiboxing is legal or not, I asked by defining the multiboxing (as multi account, one keyboard+mouse, one controller, check SS) and I have never heard of anyone has banned because of multiboxing yet...
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 11:51 PMPosted by Oray
I did not ask directly multiboxing is legal or not, I asked by defining the multiboxing (as multi account, one keyboard+mouse, one controller, check SS) and I have never heard of anyone has banned because of multiboxing yet...

He still said "yes" to multiboxing being legal. He didnt even acknowledge the 3rd party software required to make productivity out of multiboxing.

To my knowledge, you can multibox but without the bannable 3rd party software, multiboxing is useless in diablo3. At least in WoW you had a follow and auto attack commands.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/15/2012 4:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
It doesn't matter if it is automated or not, simply existing is enough for this to be deemed against the ToS which CLEARLY STATE, no 3rd party programs. It doesn't have to be a "bot" or "hack" to be considered 3rd party software.

If you feel like you need to play 4 characters at the same time because you are so bad at this game, and so impatient you can't play the correct way, maybe you should switch to Farmville and leave us true players alone.

I have been using multiboxing for 3 weeks now, had no problem and Never heard anyone had problem yet... Moreover there is no blue but customer service representative answer to my ticket on the link...
Reply Quote
If in doubt on this, go with no and just experience the game the way they intended.

However, I have to say, that I'd like to multi-box just to see if it's a challenge and determine how to overcome it.

While possible, I highly doubt they are gonna come in here and flat out say yes or no. If you are ever under a giant public microscope, you will start to think long and hard about the things you confirm or deny.

Sometimes "no comment" or silence is the best response.
Reply Quote
I can sum up the root of most problems in this game and even in the world today in ONE word.

GREED

It's a common misconception (and understandable) to think that emotions are inherently good or bad. They are not. Greed can be good.

For instance, greed and fear rule the stock market and make people LOTS of money.
Reply Quote
If in doubt on this, go with no and just experience the game the way they intended.

However, I have to say, that I'd like to multi-box just to see if it's a challenge and determine how to overcome it.

While possible, I highly doubt they are gonna come in here and flat out say yes or no. If you are ever under a giant public microscope, you will start to think long and hard about the things you confirm or deny.

Sometimes "no comment" or silence is the best response.

Multiboxing is totally different experience... That's why I do it at the moment. Otherwise I would not be playing probably...

I only play with 2 chars right now to make it effective to control, using 2 same kind of classes.

I have doubts too, and I do not understand why they cannot directly say "it is legal under these conditions etc etc?" or " It is illegal". That really does not make sense to me. They just prefer staying silent...
Reply Quote
I got bored with it. Having to always make sure your movement speeds and attack speeds are exactly the same on your characters or they come unsynched constantly. It became a chore. I've since stopped. Alot easier to blast through with one account and a MF/EXP buffed follower.
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Bren
http://www.twitch.tv/d3_**igo***toya says other whys....

what do you mean?

link the proper link pls...
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 08:47 AMPosted by DirtyLarry
I got bored with it. Having to always make sure your movement speeds and attack speeds are exactly the same on your characters or they come unsynched constantly. It became a chore. I've since stopped. Alot easier to blast through with one account and a MF/EXP buffed follower.

it is not hard to sync them, just let one of the char do the dps, the other one as like a tank with full MF gear..!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]