Diablo® III

Rate The Monk Above You Version 9001

Let's help each other improve my brothers and sisters of Ivgorod!

Give a number rating!
Edited by Wolfenheart#1389 on 12/4/2012 8:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
Decent monk - You need dex on your gloves, and when you can afford it a nats boots and ring.

Solid.
Reply Quote
well you already have 160k dps, so i dont really know how to improve that. lacuni bracers maybe?
Reply Quote
@PICASSO8697 You could upgrade your amulet or rings to include a bit more LoH to compliment your fist. 940LoH would not quite be enough for a sustained elite mob fight or large mobs. Try to aim for 1600LoH or higher and increase your resists, or MP4+ may to tough.

@ my own profile, I'm having difficulites deciding what to upgrade for my next item, to boost DPS. I am very happy with my defensive setup with LoH and hope not to give it up. Would an socketed main with 3%LS be enough to compensate for 940LoH? Thanks for your suggestions.
(yes, I know Witching Hour would be nice, but can't afford that for a while =P )
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Picasso8697
well you already have 160k dps, so i dont really know how to improve that. lacuni bracers maybe?

Can't afford the 6% CC ones yet. Someday haha.

I need more Res though.

^^ I have always had better success with LS as it scales with damage - you want your damage around 80k and LS starts to kick !@#.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 12/3/2012 5:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
Cayzer, good dps but low resistances will kill you. Also why are you even bothering with OWE.

Armor not bad, especially without a shield and hit points OK.

Hope this helps!

!@#$%^-*!@er.
Reply Quote
I really love your gear choices. I like the idea of getting to a certain point with dps and then refocusing on building a monk that can tank well for groups and probably has an easier time of things on higher mp levels. I've been theory crafting something similar for when I have the gear to pull it off.

The advice I am really looking for on my monk is where to go for here, what would be some of the best ways of increasing my dps while not dying a ton? I'd like to get to the point in the next couple weeks where I can do key runs on higher mp levels and not be holding my party back.
Reply Quote
I was skipped...any suggestions for me?
Reply Quote
@Notagain Well looks like you are at the point where you are wanting to start really picking those big ticket items for your endgame. You have all the major bases covered (Dex, crit, crit dmg). As your DPS increases to around the 100k mark, you will want to transition over from Life on Hit to Life Steal.

The best and most cost effective way to increase your dps right now would be to go with an Echoing Furry. You mentioned playing with a group however. The fact that EF has a chance to fear does make it kind of annoying. I do not mind it that much since i use FoT with Thunderclap and do most of my farming solo. You can find a 1000k dps EF with a socket for pretty cheap. The reason EF will boost your dps so greatly is because of the "+attacks per second". This increase not only effects EF but also increases the attack speed of your Off Hand weapon as well!!! So for example if you were to be using a sword (like me) it swings at and attack speed of 1.40 per second. EF increases attacks per second by around .21. So your sword will now be swinging at 1.61 attacks per second!!!

If you do get and EF you will want to get an OH with a socket, crit dmg, and either loh or ls. Try to get one with at least 750dps for now.

After that you should just try to keep building onto your other items. More dex, more crit, more crit dmg. Looking into getting a good tanky chest armour, shoulders, boots, etc. And leave build more damage focussed with items like rings, amulets, gloves.

Hope this helps you!!! :D
Reply Quote
@ kennelmaster HI :D you are really tanky!!! If i were u i would drop a little of that all res and just a little of that vit. around 600-700 res is pretty good imo. and around 900-1000 vit is plenty. i know its expensive but getting a nice pair of nat boots and a nat ring to replace that ring with no crit would help you a lot. nat ring does not need crit for now you will still get a very nice dps increase. Maybe getting rid of that shield and replacing it with a nice OH with socket drit dmg and ls. around 800 dps would be amazing and increase that dps while keeping you alive with the ls. Innas is a nice set but you really only need two pieces. get rid of that belt and get a mid range witching hour for now. your helm can be swapped out for a mempo. get one with high dex and dont worry about the crit for now. the mempo will take you down a little in dps but will still keep you tanky with the %life and the all res/misc res. Good luck my friend :D

:OOOO you changed your items on me!! :D
looks like you got a new ring with some crit nice

and a new belt/chest i think (cant remember). i like the EF it helps so much. keep up the good work

you have a lot of LoH. if you want to keep with that, getting the mempo and the witching hour will both increase your atk speed which will further boost your survivability.
Edited by CloudStrife#1527 on 12/3/2012 7:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Most of you seem to drop alot of resis/ armor/ HPS for dps. For a monk you can easily get from just skill setting. Right now my monk is set for fast LvLin paragon (max DPS) but normally i have 120dps unbuffed, 60k hps, 6250 armor/ 650 resis, I was also able able to drop OWE to give me a extra passive. Pretty much preparing for PVP. Still surfing the RMAH.
Right now im trying to get 700/7000. Any pointers?
Reply Quote
^ more reisistance
Reply Quote
No point in having more resistance if you dont have the armour to back it up. Its most effective to have armour 10 x resis.
Reply Quote
really great build!
Reply Quote
@impactBlue

Nice work getting away from OWE & STI while maintaining high DPS. I can see that you're set up for speed right now but can easily set STI back up for high MP farming/carrying others.

Your EF is where I eventually want to go with mine, but I need to eliminate the need for vit and int on mine to do that. My interim goal is to get one with LS to boost my survivability, especially against reflect packs.

I recently upgrades to an Inna's chest from a Tal Rasha's chest. I miss the IAS that I lost but I was able to boost my DPS and survivability in the upgrade, so it was worth it. I got a low end chest, so an upgrade with more dex and vit is in my future as I get more gold.

After looking at your gloves I may look into Sage's Gesture to regain some of my IAS. I'll have to be cautious to avoid losing DPS from a loss of dex and crit dmg, though, so it may not be a viable move for me.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 07:42 PMPosted by impactBlue
No point in having more resistance if you dont have the armour to back it up. Its most effective to have armour 10 x resis.

Is your damage buffed in your profile?

Pretty sure it is...
Reply Quote
Cayzer - need better innas, otherwise pretty good stuff.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Cayzer

Pretty sure it is...

It looks like impactBlue's unbuffed DPS is at 126k according to d3up.com. I figured it was buffed too, but 126k is still pretty respectable IMHO.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Treleth

Pretty sure it is...

It looks like impactBlue's unbuffed DPS is at 126k according to d3up.com. I figured it was buffed too, but 126k is still pretty respectable IMHO.

Yeah reason I asked were he had somewhat similar stats to me in regards to damage and i'm at 159 unbuffed.

126 is very respectable with that EHP too.
Reply Quote
can you guys rate me
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]