Diablo® III

Rate The Monk Above You Version 9001

12/03/2012 08:47 PMPosted by Kavakos
can you guys rate me

It looks like your next step is to raise your life/effective HP. Good job getting away from OWE, and if you can get your effective HP higher you can get away from Near Death Experience for more flexibility & fun..
Reply Quote
Shenlong lover reporting in! Any other monks here love shenlong's noble path? :D
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 09:01 PMPosted by Felcorn
Shenlong lover reporting in! Any other monks here love shenlong's noble path? :D

I love my Shenlongs but I think if I want to cross the 100k dps line, I need to change from Shenlongs to WKL + EF. No money for it though.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Shin0bu

I love my Shenlongs but I think if I want to cross the 100k dps line, I need to change from Shenlongs to WKL + EF. No money for it though.

I crossed the 100k threshold with a Sever and my current offensively-named OH. It took some healthy upgrades and a lucky Witching Hour drop, but it can be accomplished without them.
Reply Quote
@shin0bu
You should get more crit dmg if you want to up your dps, I suggest that you try to get some crit dmg on your gloves also crit dmg and average dmg on your ammy. It sucks that shenlong's can only have socket or life steal, but that is just the nature of its design, so not much we can do. Also try to get more dex on your gears.
Reply Quote
Whoa never thought I'd make it past v. 6500.

@Fel
Decent monk rated: above par...
You need more Vit./Res with that low Dps and LS.
It seems ...but I never played with fists.
Nice Shenlongs btw.
Rated.
Reply Quote
@Kavakos: Nice job in freeing up the OWE for another passive. Your 25k+ HP is far too low and you can easily get one shotted. I think that's probably why you are using Searing Light rune for Blinding Light and NDE so as not to die too often. MoC-Overawe rune is a lot better than Submission. I suggest you change to gems in your chest armour to purple gems to bring your HP closer to 40k and the rest will be OK.

@Kojin: You need to up your armour, resistance and HP is bit. Nice and solid TR set up nevetheless. Is also strange that you are using Blade Storm instead of the Cyclones rune for SW which is prefect for your TR Build.

My profile>> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SwiftBlade-1403/hero/1792397
Edited by SwiftBlade#1403 on 12/3/2012 10:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Kavakos: Nice job in freeing up the OWE for another passive. Your 25k+ HP is far too low and you can easily get one shotted. I think that's probably why you are using Searing Light rune for Blinding Light and NDE so as not to die too often. MoC-Overawe rune is a lot better than Submission. I suggest you change to gems in your chest armour to purple gems to bring your HP closer to 40k and the rest will be OK.

@Kojin: You need to up your armour, resistance and HP is bit. Nice and solid TR set up nevetheless. Is also strange that you are using Blade Storm instead of the Cyclones rune for SW which is prefect for your TR Build.

I find that submission works well with cyclone strike, especially with a high IAS build since the submission damage percentage increases with attack speed. Overawe is definitely better for MP, though.
Reply Quote
@ Treleth - Very nice monk, cant see that much to improve on....if your not surviving well i guess you could buy an EF with ls. Anyway I only just started using monk not long ago so yeah :)
Reply Quote
@edzmond: Nice and strong monk build. One of the nicest Cindercoat I see in D3 so far.

profile>> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SwiftBlade-1403/hero/1792397
Edited by SwiftBlade#1403 on 12/3/2012 10:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
@SwiftBlade
60 HC monk? I'm impressed! :D
Upgrade weapons, more resist? More sockets overall would be nice too.
Reply Quote
can anyone rate me too? :D
Reply Quote
@Zrpyrantes: depending on your priorities, *for farming you need to get better weapon, you can get cheap upgrade if you dun't mind tryin a skorn (they are really cheap relative to their usefulness). Overall: your Armor vs AR is highly unbalanced, get more armor and dex even if it means lower AR.
Reply Quote
@karei

i think you can get better ring than the current hellfire ring.
Reply Quote
Yoshiki, I think you would see a DPS increase from trying to get a hold of Nat's Boots+Ring... it's an efficient way of picking up +7 or more crit and 12% movement speed on your boots you can have max movement speed for better farming... even if you don't pick up Nat's Boots+Ring, 12% movement boots will really make a dent in your runs.

As for what I am looking for guys, I know where I need to go from here for cookie cutter dps increases. What I am really looking for is advice on how I might be able to go 2h Monk at my gear level, and builds some of you may have used that you enjoyed.
Edited by Notagain#1124 on 12/4/2012 2:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Notagain
you can have all the crit in the world but do no damage. Yes, I know more CC means more tornadoes, but again, if you have the CC you should also have a decent amount of CD to follow suit.
EDIT: Get a better off hand, Yes the damage is nice but it sucks when you cant hit fast enough. Faster weapons=more hits=more LoH.
Edited by Ghost#1581 on 12/4/2012 4:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
@Ghost

Good all around build and good use of maximizing rares. You will soon jump in DPS when you pick up or loot weapons with same stats but have DPS in the 900+ Range. Crit and CD are solid but try and get your Life up to 45K.
Reply Quote
captaincarl-

WOW. great stuff. your hellfire ring's a beast. awesome witching hour. perfect nats pair. impeccable lacuni prowlers. what else should I say?

everything looks real good. damn, you make me envious.
Reply Quote
@HackHackHack -

Your definitely on the right path, you just need a Mempo and a Witching Hour and you'll be an absolute monster.
Reply Quote
@jcroxxxx

hei I'm a fire monk too! such a coincidence.. LOL.. Paragorn 100 should have all radiant star gems fit into all armors don't you think so? =P

the sword have a big room to improve probably go for at least 1k dps with others main stats such as LS and CD may be?

others than that are just fine.. easily can tank up to mp8 I guess?

now rate me my fellow monk! =D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]