Diablo® III

Rate The Monk Above You Version 9001

86 Human Priest
@Melchior
you might want to switch out of blackthorne's set for more dps.
Reply Quote
@Melchior Nice set up. Can't really rate you properly as I just started playing my monk again recently. I may try out your spec. My gear is just stuff that didn't sell and I put on for alt play.
Reply Quote
@Kiefin I'd probably start with some weapons with crit damage and sockets. That gave me the biggest dps increase on my monk when I was around 40k. Although your inna's radiance isn't bad, prices on really good ones have fallen dramatically lately. You should be able to find a better one for under 1mil now if you want.
Reply Quote
Rate me please... im looking to complete an inna's 2-set and a Natalya's 2-set as well... unless I can get similar numbers from rares/non set pieces.

currently, not having any problems farming MP3.. want to be able to solo MP5-6 without dying so much... read that as not farm.. just want to be able to get through the levels without dying like crazy.

need to know if i'm doing it right so far.
Reply Quote
@brandson -

Nice gear - you need some dex on your chest though... and way too much fear on that EF.

Rate me please... im looking to complete an inna's 2-set and a Natalya's 2-set as well... unless I can get similar numbers from rares/non set pieces.

currently, not having any problems farming MP3.. want to be able to solo MP5-6 without dying so much... read that as not farm.. just want to be able to get through the levels without dying like crazy.

need to know if i'm doing it right so far.

You are supposed to rate the guy above you. u would have rated you but you didnt follow the thread rules.
Edited by Tarzan#1737 on 12/4/2012 9:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Tarzan -

I like your weaponry and your ability to avoid using OwE but I'm not so hot about your spec. If it's a solo spec, I may not have enough damage to truly understand it.

I would definitely say that your next means of upgrading is to get some more trifectas into the mix. There are a lot of items that would do very well with some attack speed.
Reply Quote
Really nice monk IMO. Really good crit dmg, and crit chance. Could possibly use more life steal/life on hit...cant tell since I dont know what your DPS is and how life steal works...overall you would destroy mine. Good resistances.
Reply Quote
@Tarzan Thanks for the feedback. I have a decent Inna's chest for a tempest rush build (364 total dex, 98 vit, 10% life, and some all res). It gives me about 4k dps over my current chest, but loses over 3k hp, some all res, and 9% attack speed for cyclones. If I could find enough all res on other pieces to drop it on my chest, then inna's would probably be better. Pushing my dps higher without crippling myself more than I already have is pretty tough. I'm trying to get some all res on my gloves or amulet, but no luck so far.

@PunkHazard Your build is pretty good. If you replaced both of your Shenlongs with weapons having decent crit damage, average damage, and open sockets your dps would go above 100k for sure. You might need some life steal on at least one of them if you go that route. Try to get both crit damage and crit chance on your amulet too if you can.
Reply Quote
@ Arcanimus

I have a partial LPSS build so everytime I cast WOL it's a 11k heal for me. It has no cool down so it works much better than 7SS.

@Wolfenheart 9/10
Reply Quote
@LuckyDog Pretty solid, but I would get the Inna's armor and belt to increase your DPS and give yourself the set bonus buff that decreases sweeping wind down to 5 SP.
Reply Quote
Rate my 2-H monk please!
Edited by OZendar#1283 on 12/4/2012 12:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Looking for rating/improvement ideas - farming mp5-6 comfortably right now, looking to move up!

Trying to get my hands on a decent Nats 2piece (boots/ring), but open to other tips!
Reply Quote
@OZender - Don't you need Tempest Rush for an effective 2 hand build? Might be wrong, I just thought it was effective for that. Overall nice though 8/10
Edited by Playdough#1549 on 12/4/2012 11:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
@playdough Nice Monk!!!! You dont need much that i can see maybe just try and add crit damge to your rings.... or nats boots/ring???

Im undecided what to upgrade next for a decent DPS boost...only have 60 mil so any advice would be great! Currently farming MP5-6 comfortably but can manage MP7 a little slower.
Reply Quote
Really Zendar? -.-

What the hell does rate the monk above you mean?

Not rating someone not willing to work for it.

@AngusYoung good dps, but your health seems a bit low. I don't understand 2h builds all that well and personally I don't think the 4 set innas is worth it. I would drop the helm and pick up a mempo for attack speed. You are gonna lose some crit unless you have the money to afford a 100mil helm but ias is way worth it. Nats set is nice too.

But... Seven sided strike? No armor increase passive? I don't get it personally but you seem to be doing well for yourself...

6.5/10. --- I could be way wrong about all of this considering I don't know 2h builds.

Whoever rates me disregard my rings and Amulet unless I'm wearing my hellfire and blackthorns. I was MF'ing yesterday I think. I don't remember haha.
Reply Quote
Wow I suck, phone didn't show updated posts.
Reply Quote
@ClebTkon - first off, props on all the set bonuses :D

That said, I would get rid on your ammy ring combo. Using a nice rare ring and ammy with Crit Chance and Crit Damage (and if you can afford it IAS) would definitely be better in the long run.

I'd also try to get your vitality past 35K. Thats a pretty common benchmark for monks. I'm running a tank monk right now, and I use to only have 28K life. I got my vitality to 36K and I'm noticing a gigantic difference. Your Vile Ward and Blackthorne belt would be a nice place to add some vitality. Also, if you take my suggestion on your jewlry, you can add it there as well.

Other than that, a very nice monk. Excellent use of set bonuses to increase stats.
All you really need is a bit more crit damage and a bit more vit. Easily fixable :D

@INoScoped JFK - I can't see your profile, but link it and I'll happily rate you too :D
Edited by november1093#1906 on 12/4/2012 12:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
@november1093 drop the shield and use 2 weapons
Reply Quote
@SlySchizo
I would drop the innas belt and chest and look for Black Thornes belt/chest set for vitality boost or Witching Hour and rare chest w/ RA vit/dex. Also for extra dmg you can pick up Nat's boots/reflection for crit chance and high dex bonus w/movement speed. GL!

If you need any let me know :)
6/10
Edited by THCheesey#1797 on 12/4/2012 12:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
@ slyleschizo upgrade weapons all gems and braces
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]