Diablo® III

Holyoke's WD builds!INFINITE BEAR BARRAGE!

This is not the thread for your negativity, I see where you are coming from and I can tell you're just trying to show your old school ways. It's unimportant because this thread is about fun WD specs that we can play with and enjoy. Some people may not be as hardcore as you and if they wanted to be they could just change it to MP3-4.
Edited by Holyoke#1327 on 12/12/2012 8:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
Plague Bats is awesome.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 08:47 AMPosted by krazlys
Plague Bats is awesome.

Only issue is that it doesn't crit, but if you're going for a non crit build it would be hilariously fun.

That does look like a fun build only because I love firebats haha.
Edited by Holyoke#1327 on 12/12/2012 8:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 08:47 AMPosted by Holyoke
Only issue is that it doesn't crit, but if you're going for a non crit build it would be hilariously fun.

Wow I didn't know it didn't crit. I used it for about 2000 elite kills.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/12/2012 08:07 AMPosted by McQueen
I thought HC was all about surviving that to me means a shield and high survivability.

I think if pets would of been at 1.04 level at the start WDs could have gone 1H/mojo and been able to live. People on SC side were able to build a CC pet build and get into A3 (however I don't think any of the few the pet doctors beat the game). Unfortunately, as someone who has ALWAYS been a pet WD, we just did not have the items in HC to support the build well enough, you needed Int/Vit/Str/AR/CC on almost every piece, it was just.... annoying and fragile... I couldn't kill anything ><;
Edited by Lykotic#1869 on 12/12/2012 9:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 09:05 AMPosted by McQueen
It does crit it just does not tic yellow this has been talked about many times on the SC WD forum. The DMG bats do is a joke if Blizz wants Bats to compete with ZB the DMG will have to scale with are base DMG better. They lowered the mana costs but they are not done making bats viable in HC.

Yea I figured there was some value because using it sometimes it hits really hard and sometimes it just fails... lol I have been successful with a high AS and average damage build, using RoT and plague bats.
Edited by Holyoke#1327 on 12/12/2012 9:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
My a3 runs of bats with PtV were faster than bears with BR.

You just gotta be able to tank the elites long enough to get off 1/2 your mana
Reply Quote
My a3 runs of bats with PtV were faster than bears with BR.

You just gotta be able to tank the elites long enough to get off 1/2 your mana

A simple way to remedy this is to use Zombie wall - Barricade or Grasp of the Dead - Unbreakable Grasp, just spam into these great snares without taking any damage by the end they should be dead. Zombie wall does 800% of your dps which is actually a lot.
Reply Quote
I was using plague bats. Therefore, if I killed them while casting, my efficiency would be less
Reply Quote
Do fetishes proc LoH?
gargantuan and dogs proc it too?
Reply Quote
Do fetishes proc LoH?
gargantuan and dogs proc it too?

I don't think they do, I've used a lot of minions specs and never noticed a difference.
Reply Quote
So what exaclty procs LoH for a WD? and is LoH worth it?
I lost a p13 WD, i didnt use shield and low LoH, so i wonder if LoH would have saved me
Reply Quote
The best LoH ability for a WD is Frogs - Rain of Toads, it does 100% of your loh and hits twice AND effects in an AoE. Math time
If mob is standing still it has the greatest effect, you can litterally spam it around the battle field with high AS. I have had my Loh proccing on me for close to 5-6k depending on the mobs that I hit.
Loh=800
(800*2)*(amount of mobs)

eg:
(800*2)*3
1600*3
4800 life gained

NOW the downside to RoT is that fact that it doesnt crit, but can be stacked on mobs. With high enough dps you can stack it enough to do consistently high damage. In my case only having about 50-60k dps my RoT stacked can do anywhere between 80k-150k dps.

I run 500-1000 LoH Safely.
Edited by Holyoke#1327 on 12/12/2012 10:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Loving the build I saw on your profile yesterday, using Spirit Barrage + bears with Blood ritual and Rush of Essence. Feels like a build I can finally use to Zombie Bears without running out of mana. I can't part with Zombie Dogs though, too much of a meat shield.

Spirit Barrage does such a good job of both nuking from far and picking up stragglers without having to target everything like rain of toads. Seems like it does a decent job with LoH as well, but can't confirm. Not to mention the regen from blood ritual is a great added bonus.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]