Diablo® III

Question about belt

Servers down. Might as well post something here.

My old belt

Not end game but decent WH.
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/3811/56687830.jpg <-- also for sale if anyone interested =)

Found a good Innas favor yesterday. On my profile now. Free upgrade so why not give it a shot.

Im using Innas now since my dps was boosted 5k+. Not to mention the +8% to holy damage. Which I can really feel that my new belt hits harder. And the increase in armor helps a lot as well. Somehow contented with it atm despite loosing a sexy 9 ais / 48cd.

Just would like to verify this question again. Although somebody already answered me but somehow forgotten it or maybe not clear enough yet.

Will the holy damage of innas work with bola/thunder rune? Because using physical skills like SOT and NT you can see some animation that the holy damage is taking its effect. Could not really tell for sure if it works with bola shot/thunder ball rune.
Edited by ThePwet#6321 on 12/4/2012 6:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
The 5-6% Inna's bonus goes off the physical damage portion of your bow and will only express as holy damage if you use a non-elemental attack. If you use an elemental attack (echoing blast:poison, fire at will: lightning, etc.), you will still get the bonus, however it will not convert to the element of the attack and will not display as holy damage.

So answer is yes, you do get the bonus, no matter what skill you use.
Reply Quote
Beast, how or where does the damage "express/display as holy damage"? I wore an Inna's for a while and never noticed a different graphic for attacks or anything...
Edited by Otaking#1972 on 12/4/2012 6:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
Which skills are not elemental???
i am kind of confused.
Reply Quote
covering fire is non-elemental
Reply Quote
The 5-6% Inna's bonus goes off the physical damage portion of your bow and will only express as holy damage if you use a non-elemental attack. If you use an elemental attack (echoing blast:poison, fire at will: lightning, etc.), you will still get the bonus, however it will not convert to the element of the attack and will not display as holy damage.

Nice! Would you advice that I will get a 70+ ar innas for my end game belt? Although it will only roll a max of 100 dex with AR. Everything still subject to change once I will get an upgrade for my ring. Will not be using that hellfire ring once i get to 100.
Edited by ThePwet#6321 on 12/4/2012 6:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 06:45 AMPosted by Otaking
Beast, how or where does the damage "express/display as holy damage"? I wore an Inna's for a while and never noticed a different graphic for attacks or anything...

You don't see a flash of light when they die?

Holy damage should be a glow of some sort when they die, I haven't used Inna's for awhile but that's what I remember.
Reply Quote
@Otaking

There should be somekind of powdery yellow explosion after every kill. Try using SOT, NT or any other physical skills.

Edit: I see that you already have SOT. Maybe the animation for holy damage is not taking place because of manti. Try using a black weapon like WF or calamity.
Edited by ThePwet#6321 on 12/4/2012 6:53 AM PST
Reply Quote

Nice! Would you advice that I will get a 70+ ar innas for my end game belt? Although it will only roll a max of 100 dex with AR. Everything still subject to change once I will get an upgrade for my ring. Will not be using that hellfire ring once i get to 100.

If you plan to stay with the Inna's belt and would like to maximize your defensive stats, then yes, the +AR belt would be ideal. As an endgame belt, I would personally take a nicely rolled WH over it, but the Inna's is definitely very nice as well. The great thing about Inna's belt is that it rolls naturally high armor, which helps quite a bit with eHP.
Reply Quote
@Otaking

There should be somekind of powdery yellow explosion after every kill. Try using SOT, NT or any other physical skills.

Edit: I see that you already have SOT. Maybe the animation for holy damage is not taking place because of manti. Try using a black weapon like WF or calamity.

Just to confirm...SOT is not elemental while Bola/Thurder/Immo are elemental??
Reply Quote
@Otaking

^Yes, that's correct, if you have a manticore (or any elemental weapon), you will not see the holy damage animation, but you will still get the bonus.
Reply Quote

If you plan to stay with the Inna's belt and would like to maximize your defensive stats, then yes, the +AR belt would be ideal. As an endgame belt, I would personally take a nicely rolled WH over it, but the Inna's is definitely very nice as well. The great thing about Inna's belt is that it rolls naturally high armor, which helps quite a bit with eHP.

Alrighty, guess loosing a 40+ amount of dex is totally worth for a 70 AR stat. Yep, totally agree with the armor advantage of Innas. And most of all. It comes cheap compare to a well rolled WH. =)
Reply Quote
Like beast said, Innas rolls Armor as a base so that has its appeal. To get the most out of Innas, however you would need a really high dmg xbow with pure physical dmg. As most are using Manticore, even a moderately rolled WH with 50dex/38-40 CD is better than a high dex rolled Inna's. Not to mention WH still has two more random mods that it can roll. I chose my WH simply for that reason.
Reply Quote

Alrighty, guess loosing a 40+ amount of dex is totally worth for a 70 AR stat. Yep, totally agree with the armor advantage of Innas. And most of all. It comes cheap compare to a well rolled WH. =)

^Ya definitely, it's much more affordable than a WH for sure! I'd give up 40+ dex for 70 AR in a heartbeat, you can always make up the dex elsewhere. AR, on the other hand, is a bit more difficult to stack. Good luck!
Edited by Beast#1449 on 12/4/2012 7:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 07:03 AMPosted by Marcel
Like beast said, Innas rolls Armor as a base so that has its appeal. To get the most out of Innas, however you would need a really high dmg xbow with pure physical dmg. As most are using Manticore, even a moderately rolled WH with 50dex/38-40 CD is better than a high dex rolled Inna's. Not to mention WH still has two more random mods that it can roll. I chose my WH simply for that reason.

Maybe its safe to put it this way.

Black weapons like WF, calamity etc will benefit most from a good Innas favor. Budget wise and overall synergy of the belt to the wep.

On the other hand. Manticore users will always go for WH because of the AIS the WH provides.

12/04/2012 07:03 AMPosted by Marcel
even a moderately rolled WH with 50dex/38-40 CD is better than a high dex rolled Inna's.

But I'll have to disagree with this. That is just the case that I have right now. My 44 dex, 9ais and 48 cd WH is out damage by a high dex rolled innas. Increase my dps by 5k not to mention the 8% holy damage. But its a case to case basis still depending on the rest of the gear as well.

In my own opinion. WH is far better than Innas from generic to end game rolls.

But in some cases. Innas could sometimes steal the show.
Edited by ThePwet#6321 on 12/4/2012 7:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Basaraz
Just to confirm...SOT is not elemental while Bola/Thurder/Immo are elemental??

Which skills are not elemental???
i am kind of confused.

Yes, Always check for the description of the skills.

Ex for non elemental

Fire a magically imbued arrow that seeks out targets for 115% weapon damage and has a 35% chance to pierce through targets.

Ex for elemental

Shoot out an explosive bola that wraps itself around its target. After 1 second, the bola explodes dealing 160% weapon damage as Fire to the target and an additional 110% weapon damage as Fire to all other targets within 14 yards.
Edited by ThePwet#6321 on 12/4/2012 7:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
@ Beast

Thanks again for clearing things up =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]