Diablo® III

CM/WW/Nova build

Do I have sufficient gear to run this build? A friend suggested I switch to it because I kept dying on MP7 ubers.
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
Your attack speed is terrible. You're geared for Archon right now. To run CM/WW, you'll need to pretty much completely regear to hit the 2.5 or 2.73 APS breakpoints and maximize CC and mitigation; you'll probably have to sacrifice a fair amount of sheet DPS to do so.

PieHole wrote an excellent guide to the build you want to run here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200301791

...which includes advice on how to gear for it.
Reply Quote
At first glance based on what's showing on your profile I will say no. Granted, I new to this whole wizard thing, but there are some very key stats you're missing.
You have absolutely no Arcane Power on Crit, which is essential for sustaining Twisters to Crit and clock down Frost Nova. 20 seems to be a fairly commonly agreed upon minimum APoC.
Your CC is low for the build. See if you can get it above 45% or so for any success. I'm at 48.5 and do alright on ubers in groups on MP6. Haven't tried solo with the Scoundrel boost, though.
Finally, and most importantly, your Attacks Per Second needs to be at or above 2.73 in order to maintain a usable stun lock.
Again, I'm pretty new to the build and still have a lot of work to do myself, but based on feedback I got and reading up on the build on here.

Good luck, and most of all enjoy! I've had a LOT of fun with it so far, and I hope you will do the same.
Reply Quote
Thank you both for your responses.

What do you guys think is my most obvious upgrade? I'm going to say I need lacunis with 6.0 cc and IAS 9%. I can sacrifice the int that my braces currently have.

Will that get me to where I need to be getting a good set of lacunis?

Also, where are you seeing these stats on IAS to know i'm low?
Reply Quote
honestly, to efficiently run this spec at mp10 with SNS this is how ive geared for it..

armor=AR=ias=cc

one is not more important than the other, you need to try to achieve this on every single piece and then worry about int/vit.. as many here will tell you, vit is really the LAST thing you need to worry about, i think aimless runs with like 29k HP in mp10 with SNS so even though that is not recommended, it is definitely doable. personally i stacked Life% on my gear (blackthornes+viles+purple gem) because i prefer to be able to sit in more stacks of affixes rather than teleporting around and what not. is this a riskier way to play? sure. but couple high vit with 1.5% lifesteal and 1k+LOH and you can sit through most anything.. if you feel like being girly and running prismatic then you really will never die.
Reply Quote
This is how:
http://www.unyieldingvalor.com/D3/calcTool.php?region=US&name=pensfan080&tag=1647&hero_name=27784460&hero_load=true

You only have 1.6 APS which is really really low. You want to have at least 2.5 if not 2.73 APS to make CM/WW work.

I did what you are trying to do and had to change my helm for Stormcrow, my 2 rings for some with IAS and CC, my chest piece for Tal's, and my amulet for one with LoH and better AR.
That probably cost me somewhere around 20mil but I still need to upgrade my Resist and Armor cause i'm way too low with only 370 / 3500.

In your case, to reach the 2.73 breakpoint, you would need to change your helm, belt, ring, main hand and off-hand. Which is going to be a pretty big investment since you don't want to lower your AR and RA.
Reply Quote
honestly, to efficiently run this spec at mp10 with SNS this is how ive geared for it..

armor=AR=ias=cc

So if you had to upgrade one piece of equipment on my spec what would it be? Belt or Braces?

Witching Hour to get IAS + Armor + AR

or

Lacunis to get IAS + AR + CHC
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 08:13 AMPosted by Azliet
In your case, to reach the 2.73 breakpoint, you would need to change your helm, belt, ring, main hand and off-hand. Which is going to be a pretty big investment since you don't want to lower your AR and RA.

What if I just upgraded the ring to one with CHC/CHD/IAS and my braces to lacunis to get the IAS that my current ones do not have.

I can afford to sac some int i think so would upgrading those two things get me where i need to be?
Reply Quote
That won't be enough to reach any breakpoint worth mentioning.

If you don't change your Main hand and off-hand: you need 79% more IAS ( on top of your current 14%) to reach the 2.73 breakpoint. That's impossible to do.

At max both rings and lacunis would give you an additional 27%.
Reply Quote
@pensfan

Do yourself a huge favor and read PieHole's guild. Yes, it's long, and it will take you a while to read it, but you will be in a much better position to understand what pieces of gear need to be upgraded and in what order. He covers all that and a lot more in the guide.

You'll end up spending a lot less time and gold in the long run if you put in a few minutes to read that thread start to finish now.
Reply Quote
View profile
@pensfan

Do yourself a huge favor and read PieHole's guild. Yes, it's long, and it will take you a while to read it, but you will be in a much better position to understand what pieces of gear need to be upgraded and in what order. He covers all that and a lot more in the guide.

You'll end up spending a lot less time and gold in the long run if you put in a few minutes to read that thread start to finish now.

+1
Piehole's guide is pretty much how a lot of us worked our way up to a good spot / what we tried to get to this spot
Reply Quote
@pensfan

+1
Piehole's guide is pretty much how a lot of us worked our way up to a good spot / what we tried to get to this spot

I will take a read tonight. Thanks everyone.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:50 AMPosted by Phlier
Do yourself a huge favor and read PieHole's guild.

Wow....After reading that post I must say i'm pretty discouraged......

I have played quite a bit in my free time (nights and weekends) to get the gear I have now....I haven't had a single item drop that is basically required for this build i.e. Witching, chantodos, nataylas, lacunis, etc. I really don't know where people, especially in that thread, are getting all of this high end gear....

Looking the mid range specs he suggested most of those items are 20 million or so to start. I am playing MP5 pretty comfortably now maybe I should just stick to my current build and be happy because I have zero chance of ever getting the necessary gear to run that build.

Mid Level
Attack Speed: 2.73
Crit Chance: 45-50
Armor: 4,000
All resist: 600
Hit points: 30,000
DPS: 75-100K
Suggested MP: 5-7
LoH: 0.8 to 1.2 for every 100 DPS
18-20 APOC
Gear cost: less than 100M
Note: This is a very good place to get to; however, one tends to push the limits of the build by doing higher MP's without proper mitigation (more All Resist and Armor). Extra LoH tends to help survivability (while you look for gear upgrades, of course!)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]