Diablo® III

Free Gold, Free Items, Free Advice. HC 4Ever!

Knowledge is Power. I've had a good run, played D3 since Beta and loved every minute of it. Loved D1, D2, Hellgate: London, and the many clones of Diablo. For D3, I have ten 60(1)+ characters, one of every class for both SC and HC. I read the HC Forums every day and I've seen the best and the worst in people. The good advice and the bad. So now I want to share a few gems I've found along the way.

Play what gives you the most pleasure, the most fun. If you love SC, play SC. If you love playing as the monk, play the monk. Don't force yourself to play a mode or a class or use a cookie cutter build that isn't you.

And try all the classes and skills if you can. So you know what works best for you. I can tell you that after countless hours of playing on all modes and classes that I love HC and I love WD. But that's just me, and if my main WD died in HC due to a disconnect or by any other means, I would celebrate the life he had. Because I love playing as WD. Remember, it's all about your journey through life. We all will die, in both real life and in HC. It's what you do from the time you are born till the day you die that matters.

Do you want to make a difference? Help out others who are struggling in HC. I've helped countless friends and even strangers in Public games. If a player just lost their main HC character and are left with nothing, I will help them get back on their feet. It feels good to give, not just to receive. And for those of you who enjoy watching others die, that feeling will fade away one day and you will be left with no one. You will be stuck with a bad reputation and the hatred of your victims.

One of my favorite things to do is to help others by killing the bosses for them, stranger or friend. So if you are scared of the enrage timer or of any of the Hell or Inferno bosses, add me and I will be more than happy to help you out.

Some tips that helped me and that may help you...

1. Keep your computer secure and updated. Use the Authenticator to secure your D3 account. Run Windows Update and install all of the important security patches. Install Antivirus software if you haven't already and keep it updated. Enable your firewall. Keep the hackers out of your computer and account!

2. Disable the Windows Key on your keyboard. Google it if you need instructions. No reason to die from accidentally tabbing out of the game.

3. If you're new to HC, do your homework, prepare yourself, and know what to expect. Many HC deaths can be prevented or avoided just by experiencing the game and knowing what lies ahead.

4. If you want to survive, gear for it. I've tried playing with and without a shield and I've noticed a difference. Any HC character that I actively play now uses a shield for the defensive properties: block chance, armor, and stats. Don't skimp on vitality, resist all, armor, and your main stat. Check the AH often for cheap upgrades. Every bit helps especially when you need it most.

5. Don't be afraid to ask for help in-game or on the forums. But be careful in Public games. I've met many new friends in Public games and on the forums, but I've also come across some nasty people in-game. Just a quick story... when my HC WD got to Inferno A2 and was opening the locks for Zoltun Kulle, a very high level barb named "Cosmo" joined my game. A Wiz and Monk also joined, and the three of us were in the first lock while the barb ran ahead and TP'd to town. He then entered the 2nd lock (I thought he was just racing to get that unlocked as well so we can kill ZK fast), well what he was doing was gathering all the mobs and elites in the 2nd lock and brought them to the entrance. So once the other two and myself finished the first lock, we went into the 2nd lock and I went in first. As soon as I got in, I was met and surrounded by 30+ inferno mobs. My SV popped, and I ran as fast and as far as I could. The other wizard and monk then came in after me and the wizard died. The monk was able to TP back to town somehow in all that chaos. Cosmo laughed the entire time. My SV very rarely pops if ever, but that's why I love it for those crazy situations where you'd be dead otherwise. So for any WDs out there, get SV! And for those trying to decide what class to try next, give WD a try and see what you think.

6. If you're curious what skills, passives, and items the top HC and SC players are using, check out diabloprogress.com. Most of the time, there's a good reason why they're using those particular skills, passives, and items. For the classes I don't play as much, I tend to test those skills out first to see if I like them or not for my style of play.

If you wish to add any tips or if you have a question, feel free to reply, thanks! You can also add me in-game (Deathdragon#1791) if you need any boss killed ;) I love killing Inferno Diablo!
Edited by Deathdragon#1791 on 12/5/2012 4:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
Remember, it's all about your journey through life. We all will die, in both real life and in HC. It's what you do from the time you are born till the day you die that matters.

A universal truth. Never know what you'll find on these forums.

Great post and great advice. Thanks for bringing some kindness to the forums this evening.
Edited by Sunshine#1222 on 12/4/2012 3:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
2. Disable the Windows Key on your keyboard. Google it if you need instructions. No reason to die from accidentally tabbing out of the game.

This made me LOL because when I first started playing hardcore the first thing I did was pop my windows key out.... Dell KB

RIP Logitch G15 x2
RIP Logitech G510 x1
Edited by cykikvisage#1144 on 12/4/2012 3:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nice post. Thanks for the advice and offer. I'm not sure what goes through the minds of nasty players, but thanks for reminding people that not everyone is a troll.
Reply Quote
1. General Tips always good.

2. I took off full screen because I have dual monitors. I can't tab out of the game, but if I get distracted by my second monitor it could be fatal. Right now I'm typing and about to do Belial on NM (started 4 days ago roughly).

3. Yes, this is true. Knowing little tips helps insanely. Reflect Damage + Illusionist mobs...

4. I'd say this is true until prices seem possible to create a huge offensive advantage for a minimum loss of vital stats.

5. Some people are !@#$%^-s, some people are nice, but generally you run into just your average run of the mill crowd.

6. Softcore has it, so not really needed to help most players because I say 90% know, but sometimes it's that one little tip that helps. Never know.

I would love the inferno bosses killed just to see what I'm up against before I tackle inferno, but I need to hit 60 first.

About to fight Belial on NM on my level 45 monk. Hoping for a 3 hit quitter here.
Reply Quote

1. Keep your computer secure and updated. Use the Authenticator to secure your D3 account. Run Windows Update and install all of the important security patches. Install Antivirus software if you haven't already and keep it updated. Enable your firewall. Keep the hackers out of your computer and account!

As for my personal experience, this is half-true. I use Microsoft Security Esential an I think it has bee the cause of many of my DC lag spike of death. Maybe due to pre-scedule maintenance or not...

everytime I play HC now, I terminate the MSE process and so far, I have experience no lag worth mention (1-2 sec max) compared to those 15-20 sec lag that result in dead hero.

My 2 cents
Reply Quote
Within 1-2 minutes of accepting my friends request, Dragon hooked me up with over 20+ yellows and a legendary! Great guy, thanks for the help!
Edited by Heartwork#1649 on 12/4/2012 6:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
thx for the kind advice :)

ps: !@#, mdma or alcohol or both :D
Reply Quote
DD has always been there for me. He has given me more than anyone else I know. Thank you DD!
Reply Quote
Great thread- thank you OP for writing it.

I whole-heartedly agree with you.

This thread should be standard reading material for all people New (and not so new) to HC.
Reply Quote
Welcome to hc! Some really good advice you have shared. Thank you. A bonus for the hc community.
Reply Quote
This guy such nice dewd. Offering those are not easy especially on HC. I did like this on SC on other forum and its hard.

Thank you for offering this for community. May you will success on your journey.
Reply Quote
My Experience with SC i was barely able to speak with people , in HC altough ive met wonderful friends who helped me out and wich i ended up helping out also , your in this together to survive !

Nothing beats the adrenaline rush , late yesterday after a run me and a friend went on to take Azmo , after he pooped red my super geared friend had to run off screen and almost died , i saw my hp go down like mad and had to stay and kill him otherwise we were bot toasted , well the outcome is we won and nothing beats the team oriented adrenaline rush we had yesterday coming out both alive and well .

Also if it helps i always take out my Windows key , guess im too old school and my brain always mistake it for the alt key so everytime i get a new keyboard i trash them.

Little tip since playing hardcore i took out my 5 key and the one wich comes before 1 , helps auto getting to skills in case you got lazy and something bad pops up your screen.
Reply Quote
I added you sir. Thankyou.
Reply Quote
Thank you for the kind responses. I've given out all my gold, legendaries and many of my good rares and gems.

If anyone else needs some help, add me if you need any of the bosses killed and I can craft up to Radiant Star Emeralds for free (you supply mats) and Perfect Star Amethysts.

I'm also doing Key runs if you like keys.
Reply Quote
Deathdragon is great!! He gave me gold and gem's to help me get started on my first HC toon thanks again Death.
Reply Quote
A little advice please. I just picked up DIII...started out SC to try and learn the chars....settled on a Barb to start my HC run....any advice from anyone will be put to good use...ty in advance
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 10:56 AMPosted by flekraD
A little advice please. I just picked up DIII...started out SC to try and learn the chars....settled on a Barb to start my HC run....any advice from anyone will be put to good use...ty in advance

I personally enjoy playing a HC Barb in it's tank role with as much "disconnect protection" as possible which just means stacking defenses, vit & life%, and life regen. I prefer a sword and board barb with a shield that has between 20%-30% block chance and is either an iLvl 63 shield, Stormshield, or Hallowed Defender. I put a high focus on Resist All, Vit, +Life %, Str, Armor, +Life Regen, +Block chance, Melee dmg reduction, LoH, +Attack speed; pretty much in that order.

For skills, I use:
Frenzy - Maniac // Good for LoH and extra dmg for Rend
Leap - Iron Impact // Good for Escape skill & Extra armor although considering changing to Death from Above skill rune now.
Revenge - Provocation // Great dmg + heal
Rend - Blood Lust // Great DoT + heal
War Cry - Impunity // +armor & +resist all
Wrath of the Berserker - Insanity // cc breaker + dmg burst for elites/bosses

For passives, I use:
Nerves of Steel // since i'm stacking vit, gives more +armor
Inspiring Presence // if i disconnect, i get life regen, lots of hp helps
Superstition // reduce non-physical dmg by 20%, nice! i hate arcane sentries

Once you're geared for survival, then you can make adjustments to boost DPS. I've had a low lvl barb die when the game was initially released (a pair of treants and poison hurts!) and I've seen many barbs die. Many players die from either by being trapped in a narrow passageway with arcane sentry everywhere, or being continually frozen while something drains your life. My advice is use WotB to break CC and leap to escape walls. And knowing when to run if that's needed for the situation.

I have a question for everyone... can someone please look over my main WD's items and recommend what my next upgrades should be? Thank you!
Edited by Deathdragon#1791 on 12/7/2012 2:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
I love seeing posts like this. That's one of the things I love most about the hardcore community - its overall maturity, generosity, and spirit of brotherhood (especially when compared to the softcore community in this game.)

For every one person who makes a post like this, there are twenty more of us who are quietly doing the same things in our community. That's what makes our community great.

Keep up the good work, Deathdragon!

I have a question for everyone... can someone please look over my main WD's items and recommend what my next upgrades should be? Thank you!

Sorry I can't make any suggestions for your WD. Never played one and know nothing about the class!

Galx
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]