Diablo® III

ice armor crystallize, the forgotten child?

does anyone use this skill/rune?

i gave this skill/rune a try last night and was in awe of it, being insanely defensive with +60% armor for 30 seconds (stack), and freezing/chilling melee enemies, throw in cold blooded, archon, buffs, boom ._.

although now i am torn between ice armor/crystallize, storm armor/scramble, and EA/PB.

any thoughts about this skill?

it's pointed out that SA/scramble is the best for archon due to MS and SA's dps especially with blc wp/trium/tal

options options options
Reply Quote
I used crystallize mp10 until I had enough armor to survive with shocking aspect. Many overlook it. I think it is severely under rated.

I am CM though... I think you'd be more focused on damage as arcon. I still think crystallize is best for survival though.
Edited by vexelite#1417 on 12/4/2012 5:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I use it sometimes takes me up to 9000 armor and 95% mitigation after some hits..but i use it blades build not archon... would be pretty huge me thinks after archon buffs.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/4/2012 5:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
I also use it as main Armor spell with Eric's build. It's very good, I don't use Nova so I want something that is defensive and still chill/freeze for CB. Ice Armor is the best choice. The Armor boost is excellent, but I think it's not as good as EA in the long run because it doesn't work on DoT effects like Desecrator. EA is more consistent imo.
Reply Quote
wow it doesn't do DoT? didn't know that. too bad.
Reply Quote
It works on Arcane Beam though iirc, because Arcane Beam is melee (lol logic).
Reply Quote
I used it on PTR where it was insane 30% per stack. They nerfed it to 20% per stack.. Too much for me to use anymore..
Reply Quote
View profile
Yeh i used to use it in 1.04 when it was 30% per stack I guess its still good at 20% per stack but if ur coupling cold blooded with ice armour i think the sleet storm rune is preferential because anything that gets in ur melee range is taking 20% more, not just the ones who hit you. also sleet storm has the same radius (i think) as FN and EB so makes you like a walking bomb surround in +20%
Reply Quote
sleet storm rune? im confused ._.
Reply Quote
Frozen Storm I guess.
Reply Quote
hmmm so that means i have to keep casting to trigger FS rune. not bad, 30% plus 20% throw in DS and cm/ww
Reply Quote
View profile
yeh frozen storm i meant, didnt it used to be called sleet storm? wtf...?
Reply Quote
yeah i made a search about the 'sleet storm' and it was called that back then.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]