Diablo® III

Ideas on how to progress my wizard

Hi all, I'm a casual player and need some advice on what equipment I should buy next to upgrade my inferno wizard. I currently run a Disintegrate/Archon build with a ~1500dps skorn, and would like to switch to a 1H weapon+offhand. Unfortunately, it's too expensive to experiment. Does anybody know what I should replace the skorn with?

Also, can anybody suggest ways to hit 200k dps with minimal item changes?
My character profile can be found at: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/parnassus-6316/hero/2081438
Cheers!
Reply Quote
Probably start off with a 1H with CHD+ Socket and a Triumvirate.
Reply Quote
As DPS goes, your weapon isn't your weak link - in my opinion.

Nats Boots//Ring give +7% critical chance which would make a huge difference given your already high +crit damage.

Your gloves are also a weak link. IAS/CC/Int is a better bet.
Tal's armour for + IAS will make a big difference, or if you ditch one ring for Nats, maybe ditch the other and go for Zunimassas Marrow & Pox for the +130 int that provides.

If you are hellbent on 1h+source then Triumvirate works best with a "black" weapon - one which just has +max/min damage; as the Triumvirate +x% damage only add to the base physical damage of the weapon. In any case, pick a 1h with a socket and ideally +crit%.

It's easy enough to reach 200dps - I am on 197k with current build - but this is an Mp2 farming build.

A good build for higher MP is about survivability as much as DPS. Your current build has low LoH, no LS and poor armour. Your +resistance isn't great either.

My recommendation for a DPS bang for budget would be:

Keep the skorn.
Get Nats Boots + Ring (with +crit if you can afford it, and int)
Zuni's Marrow + Pox or... Just Tals armour if you want to keep both your rings.

And.. get an Andariels with much lower +fire damage taken.
Reply Quote
If you stay with Skorn or go for a black one hander grab some Zuni boots for the + elm dmg will add 7-8k, also lose the wailing host and go for something with CC and CDorIAS.
If you get a black one hander def go for the Triv source, other wise get the chnatodos set for attack speed and run the CM build
Reply Quote
Tal Rasha's Allegiance should give you a hefty DPS boost. I wouldn't use a LoH ammy on a disintegrate and/or archon build due to low proc coefficients of those spells.

If you dying, you need lifesteal, not LoH. :)
Reply Quote
Interesting. Thanks for the advice guys, I'll try it all out this weekend and see how I go.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]