Diablo® III

Which skills cause targets to be chilled?

Greetings,

I am playing a cold Wizard, and want to maximize the benefit of the Cold Blooded passive skill. This passive says that damage dealt to chilled and frozen targets is increased by 20%.

It is easy to see which skills cause a target to be frozen; Frost Nova is one. Enemies freeze in place. But which skills cause targets to be chilled? Is it all skills which deal cold damage? Or all skills which deal cold damage and cause a movement speed reduction (are there skills which deal cold damage without causing movement speed reduction?)?

I am playing a Wizard, so I am interested in Wizard skills which cause targets to be chilled. However, feel free to post skills from other classes.
Edited by willardthor#2297 on 12/5/2012 4:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 04:35 AMPosted by willardthor
Is it all skills which deal cold damage?

Yes.

Put a bow/crossbow on your Scoundrel that has cold damage. A lot of guys use Buriza, but I prefer one that has cold damage and huge life on hit. Anything he shoots will be chilled, and affected by your Cold Blooded passive. You can even hit enemies that have been chilled by your Scoundrel with a fire spell (or any damage type) and still get the extra damage from Cold Blooded as long as they're still chilled from the Scoundrel's arrow.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]