Diablo® III

Why the need for power leveling?

I really don't get it. It is not difficult (or expensive) to over gear your character.

Just over gear your character people.

Look for socketed items as soon as you hit level 15. Buy gems.

LoH is particularly strong early on...get a flawless square amethyst...put it into your socketed weapon...and voila you are over geared at level 15.
Edited by Anjinsan#1427 on 12/5/2012 10:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
People are bored of leveling. It's hard to have fun leveling unless you find a certain play style REALLY exciting. I have fun doing the WD build with upgraded minions and the locust swarm ability. That's about it though
Reply Quote
How else are you suppose to get all the way to 60 without dying?
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Anjinsan
I really don't get it. It is not difficult (or expensive) to over gear your character.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Battle123
If you had a job that pays you 15 bucks in an hour

You don't live in Michigan - lol.
Reply Quote
As someone who just had their last 3 levels done (I know, not quite what you mean... also it was free from a friend... so... also a tad different.)

With this being my 5th WD in a row, it was just becoming a complete dread to log on into A2 (my least favorite Act... at least something is constant between D2 & D3, lol) and level. So unless someone was online to play with, I wasn't playing because... I had just hit a wall.

Now, with that said, my Monk, Barb, DH, and Wizard will not be PLd but that is more so due to the fact I have not cleared the entire game with them 3+ times, so I need to do it with them.

Lastly, the last ten levels tend to be boring now unless you go purist. Buy a level reduced weapon, be able to either turn mp sky high and level quicker or just destroy everything.... I see no difference in using lvl reduced weapons and powerleveling the last ten or so levels now, but just my opinion.

No why PL between 1 and 60 on your first HC character like some are... I have no clue, lower levels teach you lessons, so I guess it is their loss.

In the end though, I don't care who PL and who doesn't (never have) play the game to have fun. The only player activity I do not approve of (that I have seen) is PKing since you are directly affecting another persons enjoyment of the game.
Edited by Lykotic#1869 on 12/5/2012 11:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Avion
If you had a job that pays you 15 bucks in an hour

You don't live in Michigan - lol.

Sad but true... I left the state for grad school and have yet to be back. The situation in my "home state" is sad.

Go Green Go White though
Reply Quote
4 hours versus 12 hours, that is honestly a stupid question.

Time is money friend.
Reply Quote
View profile
Don't power level your first hardcore character. It is a fun experience and should not be wasted. All of my current living characters were power leveled. The only character I leveled up solo, is no longer alive, but I don't recall when hardcore was ever that fun again, especially the first few days after I switched from SC, with no HC gold, forced to plan ahead what items to buy with my limited budget as I leveled slowly. And when I hit 60, It was very satisfying. Back then there weren't many items even on the AH, that were higher than level 45. People warred over rare 60's with 50 AR and crappy stats. Nowadays I find an item worth 50m, and it's not exciting at all.

Welcome to HC btw. In time, you will understand the need to power level.
Edited by Bnetplayer#1858 on 12/5/2012 11:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
"If you die and you know in 3 hours you will be 60 again is that right?"

Come on that's ridiculous. The time to farm the character up is nothing compared to the time you have put in to gear them up. It's the gear loss that hits you hard.

That being said, I always have a character to level up when my connection seems suspect or I'm drunk or whatnot. It can be fun.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Tribulation
People are bored of leveling. It's hard to have fun leveling unless you find a certain play style REALLY exciting.

I look at it differently.

What do you do when you hit 60? You farm. And farm and farm and farm and farm. So if you're not having fun leveling ... are you going to have fun at 60 farming?

The reason to get to 60 fast is to get to inferno fast. The reason to get to inferno fast because that's where the payout is - in inferno item and gold drops (damn, I miss 1k+ piles of gold on my wiz). It's really all the same content, otherwise, just different numbers in your and the mobs stats.

I don't really mind leveling. When you look at how you basically play the same content over and over, the amount of time leveling, even without powerleveling, is going to pale in comparison to the hours you play at 60. Other people's mileage may vary.
Reply Quote
Leveling up in d2 was fun.

Leveling up in d3 is boring.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]