Diablo® III

I can face mp10 reflect damage

I saw many threads about people having problem with reflect damage elites. You dont need 10k defense and you dont need 1k all resists. I am currently sitting on 4.3k defense and a little bit below 700 all resists. I can spam bears on reflect damage elites without hurting myself, I am leech my life back without using horrify / frightening aspect.

Of course when I use frightening aspect i can clearly see my hp go back up, now here comes the setup. you need 5%+ life steal, 4.2 + defense , 700 AR and i believe my ring called litany ( 7% less damage from elites ) make a difference. I don't use jungle fortitude but with that passive im guessing you would need less defense and all resists and maybe a bit less life steal, I haven't tried.. I'M just stating here what I have and I have no problem at all vs reflect on mp10, I do mp10 really easy.

This is not a show off thread but clearly to show that reflect damage can be taken care of fairly easy it a mix of some piece of gear. Some will say " its lame to gear only for 1 affix " ( brahm ) :) But imagine how EASY i can do mp10 if I am able to face reflect damage monsters that easy.. it's making your whole mp-8-10 easier by making your character less glass cannon.

Pretty much the key parts are a skorn with 5% + life steal / litany ring with 7% reduced damage from elite ( assuming it works with reflects ) 4k+ defense ( easy to get ) 700 all resists ( easy to get aswell ).

Those parts aren't that expensive unless you get the best of each. You can make it even more easier by using jungle fortitude but I rather use all three mana passive and spam bears pretty much non stop.

( edited for xanark whatever his name is )
Edited by eviLal3x#1616 on 12/5/2012 2:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
lol sup loser!

YOU ARE SUCH A LIAR YOU CANT FARM MP10 LOLOLOL

(just kidding).

i am surprised more ppl arent qq'ing on the idea of reflect dmg NOT being OP.
Reply Quote
Please learn how to use the enter key.

Not to be rude, but seriously if you want people to actually read what your going to post, get rid of the bloody wall of text.
Reply Quote
It must be because I spend less time complaining about it on the forum and more time finding a way to counter it which makes my whole mp10 farming easier because I take less damage from every monster, while I kill them VERY fast and that 6% life steal I have just makes it easier :P
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 02:02 PMPosted by eviLal3x
It must be because I spend less time complaining about it on the forum and more time finding a way to counter it which makes my whole mp10 farming easier because I take less damage from every monster, while I kill them VERY fast and that 6% life steal I have just makes it easier :P

OH SNAP, time to THROW DOWN...

THUNDERDOME STYLE.

ok guys,

chains?... or WHIPS?
Reply Quote
dont forget to mention your gears are ridiculously expensive
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Fenrir
dont forget to mention your gears are ridiculously expensive

He definitely have some high end gear but that's what you would need to face high MP RD elites.
Reply Quote
Pretty much the key parts are a skorn with 5% + life steal / litany ring with 7% reduced damage from elite ( assuming it works with reflects ) 4k+ defense ( easy to get ) 700 all resists ( easy to get aswell ).

Those parts aren't that expensive unless you get the best of each. You can make it even more easier by using jungle fortitude but I rather use all three mana passive and spam bears pretty much non stop.
Edited by eviLal3x#1616 on 12/5/2012 2:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
Personally i dont think there is a problem with RD... IF you have LS/LOH, and semi decent AR/armor.

The problem IMO with RD, is that it FORCES you to gear specifically for it.

Other classes can get LS though talents where we can only get it on our weapon.

Iv got 5.4% and RD really isnt a problem, unless I bears a massive group, and insta gib myself.

I still think RD should have a cap on damage reflected so that when you get more DPS, they dont hurt you more.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 04:33 PMPosted by Xarkar
The problem IMO with RD, is that it FORCES you to gear specifically for it.

I dont gear specifically for it, life steal is a must in any situation at high monster power so is having armor and all resistance. It just happens that it works well against reflect damage monsters on mp10.

You also stated that reflect damage isnt a problem, but if you spam bears into a group of those you insta gib yourself, imo that is having problem with reflect damage. I can spam a group of reflect damage with bears without taking any damage and I leech a bit of life back, if I use frightening aspect I leech a lot of life back, this is what I call not having problem with reflect damage.

You pretty much only need to work on getting more defense and maybe give a try to litany ring , it gives all resistance and 7% less damage from elites which works very well.
Edited by eviLal3x#1616 on 12/5/2012 4:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
Heh, well since you brought me up. Let's be honest here.

Here is the simple guide of how to beat Reflect damage in MP10.. By you.. put into perspective for the rest of us.

1) Have 85k+ Health (aka vitality and or life % on every piece of gear)
2) Have 4300+ Armour. (not as easy as some might say since armour alone on your gear isn't enough)
3) Have 700-800+ AR. (again with a zuni's set and 2500+ int you can hit around 600 getting above that requires multiple extra piece with AR not cheap when you combine in all the other things you require for this).
4) Use a primary (widow makers)
5) Have MAX Life Steal aka a 500m-1b Skorn.
6) Damage reduction
7) Cap off your DPS by not using any DPS buffs at all.
8) run the absoultey bare min attack speed (aka root yourself).
9) Use Horrify Frighting Aspect to double your armour when you are facing reflect.
10) Combine that with Spirit walk jaunt.

Easy peasy... anybody can do it, not gearing up for it at all? Just need a couple billion in gear, and select a number of skills just for reflect.

lol Come on man, I like you but don't try to make it out like you found some quick fix or didn't gear/spec up specifically for this, let alone sacrifice other areas for this. There are some neat things about your gearing and some big downsides imop. Take your dps for example, your dps is your dps.. That's it. No buffs what's so over you have 0 PUR so you can't effectively use GI, or GF, and you typically don't use Soul Harvest either or I've never seen you equip it or use it when we play. So when you look at say ImpKing, or Myself.. We might have a lower dps in our stat sheet but in actually game play we are doing MUCH more damage because we use GI/GF, and SH. I can buff up to 340k+ DPS w/soj. That's 50% more damage right off the bat, then an additional 34% vs elites so of course I'm going to have issues with reflect if I'm not careful because it's hitting me back 2x - 3x as hard as it hits you.

At the end of the day. Reflect is getting nerfed in a few weeks so there isn't any point in going out of your way just to figure out the great mysteries of a single affix presented to you in the least efficient MP to farm, imop.
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 12/5/2012 6:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
I dont need frightening aspect to face reflect, I can just spam bears into them and leech life life back up, frightening aspect will make me leech faster but i still leech without using it. I dont use widow maker agaisnt reflect unless i run out of mana i will throw 1-3 jars to trigger my vision quest passive. I will let you use some piece of gear tonight so you can try it by yourself... I am really disapointed to see that they are thinking about making the game even easier than it is right now to please some people. Mp10 was supposed to be a real challenge for top players , not for anybody that want to do it.

Going my way like you said is farming mp10 with ease, my damage is not low at all without any damage buff no gruesome / ptv or harvest soul i can crit for 900k with bears.. that is not capping off my dps at all. A build/ gear that can face reflect damage on mp10 easily can farm mp10 with ease. Someone that get owned by reflect in 2-3 hit is clearly not ready for mp10 and will get killed by a quill rat or a hulking face beast in no time. This was mostly to show people a really nice build and mix of gear with high damage and surviability.
Edited by eviLal3x#1616 on 12/5/2012 7:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nice work I guess
Reply Quote
Reflect doesn't make the game more challenging it just makes it annoying. There is a big difference between the two. It's not about making the game easier. Take those lasers, they require you to change your tactics (move around to avoid them), or shielding requires you to time your attacks, vengeance requires you to get out of the way of the bombs and on and on.. Reflect just requires you to gear/spec for it. That's a !@#$ty affix.

You do use all those things. It's a combination of it all. Your damage is what it is. It's defiantly not low but you are capping it off. You could have almost 3x the damage with buffs.

Again you aren't farming mp10 with ease it's you just aren't dieing all the time and neither do I all bit a fair bit more then you sure.. It's still a very slow process. It takes over an hour to do what can be done in 15mins at a lower mp. That ain't farming.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Brahm
We might have a lower dps in our stat sheet but in actually game play we are doing MUCH more damage because we use GI/GF, and SH. I can buff up to 340k+ DPS w/soj

GI/GF is not good in mp10
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 07:32 PMPosted by eviLal3x
We might have a lower dps in our stat sheet but in actually game play we are doing MUCH more damage because we use GI/GF, and SH. I can buff up to 340k+ DPS w/soj

GI/GF is not good in mp10

GF works in MP10, as does Soul Harvest. GI does not at this point for myself...but again. MP10 is a waste of time in terms of farming. So it's a mute point. There is not a SINGLE item that can be found in mp10 that can't be found in mp0-9.
Reply Quote
I am tired of farming lower monster power, I can go full blast dps too but I got bored and I am having fun playing mp10 it is more challenging and its really different from just running act3 in no time.
Reply Quote
Good for you OP, nice to see someone destroying that fu.... affix.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Brahm
GF works in MP10, as does Soul Harvest. GI does not at this point for myself...but again.
Check this, I made mp10 GI build, works like a charm. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5967269835

12/05/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Brahm
MP10 is a waste of time in terms of farming.
uhmm no.
Reply Quote
1) Have 85k+ Health (aka vitality and or life % on every piece of gear)
2) Have 4300+ Armour. (not as easy as some might say since armour alone on your gear isn't enough)
3) Have 700-800+ AR. (again with a zuni's set and 2500+ int you can hit around 600 getting above that requires multiple extra piece with AR not cheap when you combine in all the other things you require for this).
4) Use a primary (widow makers)
5) Have MAX Life Steal aka a 500m-1b Skorn.
6) Damage reduction
7) Cap off your DPS by not using any DPS buffs at all.
8) run the absoultey bare min attack speed (aka root yourself).
9) Use Horrify Frighting Aspect to double your armour when you are facing reflect.
10) Combine that with Spirit walk jaunt.

Owned

You also stated that reflect damage isnt a problem, but if you spam bears into a group of those you insta gib yourself, imo that is having problem with reflect damage. I can spam a group of reflect damage with bears without taking any damage and I leech a bit of life back, if I use frightening aspect I leech a lot of life back, this is what I call not having problem with reflect damage.

You pretty much only need to work on getting more defense and maybe give a try to litany ring , it gives all resistance and 7% less damage from elites which works very well.

PS. Armory shows me wearing MP0 MF gear.
My good gear puts me at almsot the exact same gear level less some DPS.

With my higher MP gear i have 3500 armor, 750 ish resists, 82k hp.
You have 4200 armor, 660 resists and 84k HP.

Im pretty sure the 700 armor vs 100 AR means i actually get an advantage.

So i call BS that you have never gibbed yourself.

Im not saying it happens alot, but If all 3 bears crit at the exact same time, you will lose HP before your LS can leach it back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]