Diablo® III

I can face mp10 reflect damage

I Laughed so hard at what you just wrote there my friend, the day you will be able to afford a 1453.5 dps skorn with perfect life steal, yes 6% life steal and 179% crit damage let me know. That skorn destroys yours, it is top 2 North America there is only one better than mine and it has 2 less dps, the same life steal but more crit hit chance. Your skorn is a budget skorn im sorry to tell you this but 6% life steal makes the price go BOOOOM and even more when it has - 1453.5 - . Top 2 skorn vs your random 1425 dps skorn with 5.4% lfie steal LOLOLO. And please stop comparing your gear to mine, I am much better than you.. get over it. Oh btw your skorn is hardly 300 million, mine is well over 1 billion.. just so you know ;) but hey, its alright if your jealous, I understand.
\

So by your reasoning DPS and LS is the only thing that matters on a weapon?

I totally get teh fact that you got a super high DPS skorn, with perfect LS. Congrats, but the point of a weapon is DPS right?

So is it possible that say 26 int and 11 CD = 28 weapon damage?

Sure its possible.

The only thing I am pointing out is you can get the Same Net DPS, with different stats.

If you paid 1b for your Skorn i honestly laugh at that. Mine does just as much DPS, and the ONLY negative, is it has 0.6% less LS. Sure it isnt perfect, but its definitely not worth me spending an extra 700m for.

The poor guy is so jealous you can tell.

Hardly.

I could care less what you have. Im simply pointing out weapon dps isnt > all. Just look at Manaj Carving knife. Lots of higehr DPS weapons, but in a lot of cases the CK wins becuase it has int/cd/socket etc.
Edited by Xarkar#1840 on 12/6/2012 8:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Oh yeah, all I need is a LS skorn? Why didn't I THINK of that?

What ridiculous advice. A WD that wants to actually use items made for our class (which I agree is kinda stupid, since the items made for our class are just outright worse than random ones) can't even get the amount of LS you propose, it's LITERALLY impossible.

So if the only solution to the issue is to give up on items blizzard designed for my class, there is SOMETHING wrong here, and blizzard needs to fix it. Either by putting LS on items other than weapons (mojo's should really be able to roll them) or by nerfing RD, or giving WDs other options for gaining life. Doesn't matter what, but they need to fix SOMETHING.

Or we can just go for high LoH and slowly acid cloud the mob to death.

I stated my gear/build to fight reflect damage monsters, it is not the only gear/build that works against it. Find another one and post it so people can try other ways.. i'm sure there is, but I play with a skorn so that's my build.

Now I am guessing that let's say someone using a manajuma knife could use some life on hit gear, or maybe have more armor and all resists. I could maybe in the next day try find other setup that works well and I will gladly post in this thread if I find anything new.

Thanks for the reply
Edited by eviLal3x#1616 on 12/7/2012 3:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Jumbasa
You doubt me, I provided you a build and stats that result in 5 sec elite kills in mp9 and like I said, today I had 3.5 sec elite kill. That was the point but lil´ brahm´s e-peen couldn´t take it.

how often can you do that? with all the long cool downs.

sure it looks flashy once a while, but not a viable real build.
Reply Quote
lolz trolls taking over his thread!
Reply Quote
Oh yeah, all I need is a LS skorn? Why didn't I THINK of that?

What ridiculous advice. A WD that wants to actually use items made for our class (which I agree is kinda stupid, since the items made for our class are just outright worse than random ones) can't even get the amount of LS you propose, it's LITERALLY impossible.

So if the only solution to the issue is to give up on items blizzard designed for my class, there is SOMETHING wrong here, and blizzard needs to fix it. Either by putting LS on items other than weapons (mojo's should really be able to roll them) or by nerfing RD, or giving WDs other options for gaining life. Doesn't matter what, but they need to fix SOMETHING.

Or we can just go for high LoH and slowly acid cloud the mob to death.

I stated my gear/build to fight reflect damage monsters, it is not the only gear/build that works against it. Find another one and post it so people can try other ways.. i'm sure there is, but I play with a skorn so that's my build.

Now I am guessing that let's say someone using a manajuma knife could use some life on hit gear, or maybe have more armor and all resists. I could maybe in the next day try find other setup that works well and I will gladly post in this thread if I find anything new.

Thanks for the reply

Bears don't proc LoH for crap, no offense. It's a pretty simple matter really, LS>>>LoH for bears AND for higher MP/DPS. The fact that WD/Wiz are screwed out of so much LS is kind of annoying. DH has gloom, so they don't really care, CM wiz is procing the **** out of things, if they get a half decent LoH ammy, they don't care. Monks? Well monks are actually pretty screwed. They can get LS on either of their two weapons but have no innate way to heal themselves (ironic, since they're, you know, monks). Barbs are barbs and we're just not gonna even talk about them.

Getting a decent LoH ammy and using Acid Cloud/Splinters to finish off the group works. I literally CAN'T use bears against them, which is annoying as ****. But that's the way I need to kill them.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Xarkar
That sKorn he's rolling with is intense though.. 1b gold? How much you drop for it? Not everyone can roll with something like that.

It only has 179 CD and 302 Int, so the overall dps isnt as high end as you may think.

Just as an example, if i take his skorn, and plug it into my Sheet (ie swap my skorn), i would actually lose 500 DPS.

Ie his skorn is essentially equal to mine DPS wise, the difference is he has 6% ls vs 5.4%.

I didnt spend anywhere near 1b on mine, so if its worth that.... where do i sign up?

his skorn is 500-600m, not 1b, and thats VERY CHEAP for endgame weapon.

the #1 dps wiz selling his wand for 10B, to but that into perspective.

thats 3+k USD.

give the guy a break. and the perfect lifesteal is nothing to skoff at, that 6% is unattainable for our class through any other means besides some !@#$ty SB rune or something.

its not like a wiz where he has both spectral blade AND blood magic to just GIVE HIMSELF 6% lifesteal without a skorn lolololol
Reply Quote
give the guy a break. and the perfect lifesteal is nothing to skoff at, that 6% is unattainable for our class through any other means besides some !@#$ty SB rune or something.

its not like a wiz where he has both spectral blade AND blood magic to just GIVE HIMSELF 6% lifesteal without a skorn lolololol

Wasnt Skoffing at it at all, its an amazing item, no doubt.

The point was that you can get something that does the same DPS for less if you count the other stats.

Would i trade my weapon for his? Absolutely, id gain 0.6% LS, and a tiny bit of dps.

Keep in mind, he is the one posting stuff like this.
That skorn destroys yours, it is top 2 North America there is only one better than mine and it has 2 less dps, the same life steal but more crit hit chance. Your skorn is a budget skorn im sorry to tell you this but 6% life steal makes the price go BOOOOM and even more when it has - 1453.5 -

Funny how mine is a "budget skorn", and his so amazing.

If you plug both into a DPS calculator, they are almost identical. The only real difference is the 0.6% LS, which is obviously good, but not game breaking.

There are only 12skorns in the america servers with higher "dps" and 5.4+ LS than mine.
Out of those 12 many of them are significantly worse (low Ctid D, low INT etc).

If i set Int to >300 and Crit D > 175, DIablo progress only pulls up ONE skorn that has more dps than mine, (0.2 more) but has 11 less Crit D.

Again, his is definitely an amazing weapon. I just laugh how he has this syndrome of "mine is amazing, yours is garbage" when in fact they are both top end weapons, one being slightly better due to the LS.
Reply Quote
Oh, and just incase you dont want to believe me Evil, here is what Dprogress says when you compare mine vs yours....

Skorn -compare
Skorn
DPS Unbuffed +603.34
EHP Unbuffed +1,480
Heroscore +36

IE, if you were using my weapon, you would gain 603.34 DPS, 1480 EHP and 36 hero score.

So please, if my skorn is a budget one... i suggest you look in the mirror =)
Edited by Xarkar#1840 on 12/7/2012 11:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
Your skorn is good but I wouldn't trade 0.6% life steal for 603 dps and 36 hero score, life steal is too important to me. Also a skorn with 1453.5 dps and PERFECT life steal is something so rare that the price is indeed really high. I also highly doubt your website considers life steal when it calculates their score or whatever..
Edited by eviLal3x#1616 on 12/7/2012 11:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have a solution for mp10 reflect, spirit walk the other way.
Reply Quote
I wish we had other mechanisms of getting life leech, aside from a 2-hand wep.

I like having a mojo as I enjoy having a faster attack speed due to playstyle preferences. A mojo also looks waaaaay cooler lol.
Reply Quote
LOL
Reply Quote
Your skorn is good but I wouldn't trade 0.6% life steal for 603 dps and 36 hero score, life steal is too important to me. Also a skorn with 1453.5 dps and PERFECT life steal is something so rare that the price is indeed really high. I also highly doubt your website considers life steal when it calculates their score or whatever..

Aye and thats why i said i would use yours over mine if given the choice in a previous post.

No need to talk down about one item, both are great skorns.
Reply Quote
@Brahm

I´m sorry if I´ve offended you. Sometimes on the interwebz I don´t always realize that I´m arguing with a kid. Take care and keep facerolling mp7.

how often can you do that? with all the long cool downs.

sure it looks flashy once a while, but not a viable real build.
I grind mp9 with that build, runtimes are between 1h 30 min - 1h 45 min. In each run there´s a handful of 5 sec elite kills and many times elites die before voodoo ends.

My route:

Core,Heart of the damned,Tower lv2,Tower lv1,Keep3,2,1,Skycrown battlements,Rakki´s crossing,Fields of slaughter,Crater lv1,Crater lv2 that´s pretty much full A3.

Here I break the build down for you.

Pet pals: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#TfUYjQ!abc!ccZbYb

Keypoints:

-Fast elite takedowns
-Crowd control
-Damage mitigation

JF+Life link + Gary.B that´s 25% dmg off from me and 15% from pets. Pets stay alive and they take aggro off me, giving me a working peace with bears. Great setup vs reflect in higher mp levels.

SW honored quest is lovely, atm for me all the other runes are a waste, for 2 secs it´s free bears and I´m gaining mana.

SA + BR cause I´m using bears only so I need to be able to keep em´ coming, for my dps mp9 is perfect atm.

Mass confusion has 1 min cd, that´s nothing. I´m using it in crowded situations and vs elites, creeps fight eachother and take 20% more dmg, that´s a huge boost. Also my favourite spell, using MC with every build ^^

Voodoo slam dance, once again huge dmg boost 30% and I got manaregen/dps to use it. Yea 2 min cd but it´s worth it. Imo it´s better to takedown elites fast than kite and prolong the battle, cause that usually doesen´t end well.

Elite fights go like this:

Gary stuns, I use MC, creeps are confused and those that are not are fighting pets, I put voodoo down and spam bears like there´s no tomorrow. Today I killed a blue ghoul pack in tower lv1 in 2.5-3 secs they came in a perfect cluster.

Ofcourse there´s packs that force me to move and are slower to kill 30-60 sec, like some kiting wallers,reflect packs,extra hp packs etc. you know the hard combos for docs.

Reflect dmg:

Thx to OP, I bought litany ring and got 32% dmg off and 120 physical res. I can handle reflect without a sweat. I bought 150m manajuma today as a backup weapon, in crater lv2 I fought blue spearman pack and champ scorpion pack at the same time and both had reflect, I didn´t die.

Imho doctor is the greatest class due build diversity, countless gearing possibilities and what I really like about the class is that you need to find the right build to match your gear.

Like barbs get cc,chd,str and some as and all 3 barbar builds are playable. We got like 10 viable builds for higher mp levels.

More to topic,

Why does it have to be 500m-2b skorn with lifesteal, get 5m vigilance with 6% LS vs reflect, just an idea, or some cheap 2h rare with 6% LS.
Reply Quote
@Brahm

I´m sorry if I´ve offended you. Sometimes on the interwebz I don´t always realize that I´m arguing with a kid. Take care and keep facerolling mp7.

likewise, btw nice back handed dig while you bow out as you realize you were wrong. What makes you think I'm a "kid"? Even if I was what of it. It wouldn't make my points any less valid.

2h... MP9 clears with a Zero Dog doing all the heavy lifting and supplying you with endless health globes. Not quite sure what we should be so impressed about? I'll give the zero dog guy props, and of course OP. At least OP can do his runs solo.

Nothing personal of course, but it's silly for you to be bragging about how epic your spec is when 90% of the work is done by your teammate. It would suck for some people to foolishly follow in your foot steps and waste a ton of money only to find out it doesn't work. Your spec needs an * next to it and below it should read (*requires other players to carry)
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 12/8/2012 11:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Brahm

Wow man, you really need work your reading comprehension skills.

12/08/2012 11:25 PMPosted by Brahm
2h... MP9 clears with a Zero Dog doing all the heavy lifting and supplying you with endless health globes. Not quite sure what we should be so impressed about?

1. I´m playing mp9 solo
2.Clear times are 1h 30 min - 1h 45 min
3.I´m not bragging, you said higher mp levels are a waste of time I said on page 2

"What mp level you play depends on your gear and party, like I´m doing 5 sec elite kills on mp9, harder packs that kite take 20-25 sec and reflect 30-40 sec, is that too slow?"

Check the underlined I, is my english really that broken?

"Playing daily with mate, we got this dynamic duo sacrifice + bears on mp10, 90% of elites die before voodoo ends, is that too slow?"

Yea, we got double voodoo, healing and dmg runes, m8 uses hex and provides globes. I´m using confusion and clearing screen with bears. Coop is about teamwork.

Point was that you said that mp10 is a waste of time and that it took 1h40 min or whatnot to your party to just clear a few levels in mp10.

Btw I play sacrifice myself too, 130k dps unbuffed. mp10 is zzzz, like playing a barbar.

I'll give the zero dog guy props, and of course OP. At least OP can do his runs solo.
:)

Nothing personal of course, but it's silly for you to be bragging about how epic your spec is when 90% of the work is done by your teammate
:))

Also I´m not bragging about my spec, once more, you doubted me, I linked you my build as a friendly gesture, like man go and try it out yourself and see the results.

What was your reply? that´s right..

Why would I want to downgrade my spec, or my stats?
What's wrong you post here on the US forum because everybody on the EU forum calls you out on your Bull!@#$ all the time?

Nothing personal of course, but it's silly for you to be bragging about how epic your spec is when 90% of the work is done by your teammate. It would suck for some people to foolishly follow in your foot steps and waste a ton of money only to find out it doesn't work. Your spec needs an * next to it and below it should read (*requires other players to carry)
You repeated yourself in each paragraph, only thing that is epic is your reading comprehension skills.

About the spec, I got new mojo today with manaregen, now I got 100 manaregen and -20 cost to bears so I changed the spec a bit..

I swapped BR to GF and Gary.B to grasp-death is life, it´s pretty cool and fun to play. Also now with the pet pals spec I can use cc helm.

P.s Bramh boy, you sound mad and jelly.

Yes you mad and jelly?

Sorry I couldn´t resist :D
Reply Quote
Why would I be mad, or jealous. I couldn't careless either way. Your just some random who doesn't even play on this server having fun smugly trolling. I take pleasure in poking holes in your silly statements.

You suggested that I try your spec/gearing infering that it would some how be an improvement, you then brag up your 30k more dps (Which was actually less then 20k but hey this isn't number munchers it's diablo 3.) I simply replied that would be a downgrade and that if I wore my innas like you were our DPS would be similar, and if I swapped out my LS weapon for a CD i would surpass yours. I was only pointing out that your reasoning had no basis as I had already experienced what you suggested I try and moved away from it. You took it out of context.

You then went on about how great you thought your spec and ramble on about how if swapped every other piece of gear you had you would have more dps then me and on and on.. This forced me to repeat my self. I repeat my self when somebody isn't capable of comprehending what I wrote the first time. I am aware you wrote 1:30-1:45 I just think you are full of it so I'm rounding up for you. My reading comprehensions is just fine. Your tendency to exaggerate in your favour is what I question.

As I already pointed out, and you agreed in a response to somebody else while you may be able to do those times when all your cooldowns are up. Who cares. You aren't running any cool down reduction. So really it takes you 3-5 euro seconds + 2 mins between each elite battle. I stand by what I said. It's a silly spec that only works under a microscope, and honestly I still think you are full of it. Post a video of you killing multiple packs in succession in mp10 in the times you claim. You should be able to use the trial version of fraps since what it should only take you 6 seconds?

If you are going to talk about farming with somebody else, then give your garg a stupid nick name. It's reasonable to expect somebody to assume you are talking about another player when using that nick name, unless you specify that you are soloing. You can call that a reading comprehension failure on my part. I call it a context failure on your part.

But back on topic.

2h clear times is a total waste of time. In 2 hours most people can do 10 runs @ a lower mp and yield MUCH more XP, and items. Hence there is no reason to "farm" upper mp.

Please continue on though, I look forward to your next smug post. :)

Oh and enjoy your "Slow Grind"... ...It's exactly what I look for in a fun action packed video game.. Diablo 3 - Watching the paint peel edition now featuring 2 Hour Grind mode with narration from your European host Jumbassa.

"Yes that's it just 300 more bears until the cool downs are up then we can finish off this pack in 3-5 seconds err.. but not the hard packs only the easy ones.. the hard packs can take 30-60 seconds, and then there are the packs that move.. .oh gosh those are like 5 mins." lol.. what a joke
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 12/9/2012 2:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
There should be a sticky here: "Warning ignore Brahm"

You just contradicted yourself and more than once..

I´m not gonna waste anymore time with you, talking to a wall is more productive and a lot less frustrating.

12/09/2012 01:21 AMPosted by Brahm
the hard packs can take 30-60 seconds,
Is that too long for mp9?
Reply Quote
There should be a sticky here: "Warning ignore Brahm"

You just contradicted yourself and more than once..

I´m not gonna waste anymore time with you, talking to a wall is more productive and a lot less frustrating.

the hard packs can take 30-60 seconds,
Is that too long for mp9?

Lol, ok buddy.. contradicted myself? Interesting that you didn't quote and point it out as you so love to do. Another baseless claim?

Any who

When I see you back up your claims in vid. I'll believe you. Keep up the personal attacks it's a good way to skirt the topic.

Oh yah, and i'm glad you took the time to point out that responding to me is a waste of time, by.... responding to me. I think you were a little confused as to who is contradicting themselves.

BAZINGGAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 12/9/2012 3:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Haha I don´t need to proof anything to you, why waste time quoting as you can´t even realize that you´ve contradicted yourself :)

It was just like I said in the beginning, if brahm can´t noone can.

Brahm = Ignored

One last quote..

"Yes that's it just 300 more bears until the cool downs are up then we can finish off this pack in 3-5 seconds err.. but not the hard packs only the easy ones.. the hard packs can take 30-60 seconds, and then there are the packs that move.. .oh gosh those are like 5 mins." lol.. what a joke
Yes you mad and jelly bro?

XD

Don´t be mad and jelly bro, it´ll be allright, everything will be allright..

One day you can drop locusts and try a proper build that allow you to play in higher mp levels.

Peace.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]