Diablo® III

Is D3 a good game?

700 hours later. yea i still like it.
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 isent a great game, this game is lost becuse of lies.

Random maps??? nop
Pvp?? ehh nop
Costumization?? rofl nop

graphics hahaha yeah right

Titan quest did all this and better many years ago and it dident take em 10 years lol

This is just a way to milk money and exploit a great game title and burn it to the ground

Epic legendary fail
Reply Quote
Personally, I love it. I see the holes and flaws within the game, and feel that they should be addressed a bit more promptly than they are. That being said, the gameplay is tremendously enjoyable and I really enjoy the time I put in to it.

The lack of a skill tree does truly pose the question "is it still trulya continuation of the Diablo series?" I'd say despite that fact, I still very much get the same enjoyment that I did from D2 and D1. I love the game, it's not any less worthy of being called a good game than the other two.

People often complain that it is monotonous, but a) it's still very early on in the game's life, b) it's Diablo! The beauty of the game is in it's simplicity and repetition.

My opinion is: yes, this is a good game.
Reply Quote
I simply don't know how the game will have ANY longevity without character customization, and lots of it. PvP will help, but when people aren't actually coming up with/levelling/putting the effort into creating their individual builds, I believe it'll get stale fast. We'll simply be on the OP NERF UP BUFF OP NERF merry-go-round, along with in-built pay-to-win, no rankings, no ladders etc.
Reply Quote
I would say it's a great game if high-level item farming didn't completely drop the ball. A hundred or more hours on Inferno and I have yet to see a single set item. I have seen about a dozen legendaries, none with good stats. Granted, none of my characters have particularly high Paragon levels (provides magic find bonus), but let's remember that none of that was even in the game at launch.

Yeah, D1 had basically nothing in the way of farming, and D2 had some really poor rates at times, but let's remember that D2 had specific "high-level" areas in hell as well as boss item tables with specific drops, so you could at least TRY and farm specific items. That is completely untrue in D3.

Add to that the ridiculously swingy results even when an item drops with stats you want, and that's the key problem. The combat is fun, the story is half great, half awful (are you playing an ARPG for the story?) but it's the loot grind that ruins the game.

If you're just looking to tool around and kill stuff, great. D3 won't disappoint. But I distinctly remember reading an interview where they said that the key "fun" element that they wanted to bring from D2 was the loot grind.

They failed completely.

If you want to enjoy D3 at high levels, prepare to spend some big bucks on gold/items or hundreds of hours of farming.
Reply Quote
Is Diablo 3 a good game? Yeah, it's a pretty good game.

It's a god awful ARPG though, maybe the worst I've ever played.

I don't see how it's a good game in any respect. A game without customization, with woeful replayability, with nothing going for it whatsoever other than a brand name and nice animations? With built-in pay-to-win? With a seemingly deliberate downgrade in so many features to its predecessor? In which genre does it excel? As a screensaver? As a secondary source of income, from botting?

Then stop playing it and posting on a forum about it.
Reply Quote

I don't see how it's a good game in any respect. A game without customization, with woeful replayability, with nothing going for it whatsoever other than a brand name and nice animations? With built-in pay-to-win? With a seemingly deliberate downgrade in so many features to its predecessor? In which genre does it excel? As a screensaver? As a secondary source of income, from botting?

Or how about no? They've got a great platform for improvement. I still believe they could pull through. How about you start playing and stop posting on a forum about it. Or mind your own business. Or both.
Reply Quote

Or how about no? They've got a great platform for improvement. I still believe they could pull through. How about you start playing and stop posting on a forum about it. Or mind your own business. Or both.

Sure.
Reply Quote
Jay Wilsons Car described in OP
http://pics.imcdb.org/0is185/ford010032hx3.6679.jpg

GREAT movie and GREAT post! You made my evening. THANK YOU.
Reply Quote
Compared to a car, D3 would be like this:

http://onscreencars.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/TheHomer.jpg
Reply Quote
Max Schaefer thinks Diablo 3 is a good Diablo game.

They did a good job and [Diablo 3] does the franchise justice...

[...]

All the classes are pretty fun. I like the way they tell the story, it doesn’t feel tacked on like we always did with the original Diablos. It shows they actually thought about it.

I think the art looks great! It looks like Diablo, but they have their own style, which I think they should do. You know, they shouldn’t just try to make Diablo 2 again. They’ve got a totally new crew making the game, and its always best when people are doing their version of what they’re doing, so I’m glad they put their own stamp on the style. I think it looks great and plays great! I had a fun time playing it.

http://eat-games.tumblr.com/post/24969892500/max-schaefer-interview-torchlight2
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Sal
I simply don't know how the game will have ANY longevity without character customization

Moot point, really, since Diablo 3 has gobs of character customization.
Reply Quote
There is no customization, and never will be. another thing, u cant farm most items you need like in D2 because poor drop.
The only thing u can do is buying your weapon/armor through AH. This is what Jay want you to do. Actually most players are slaves of blizzard, provide items to AH or money to blizzard.
Remember, they never design this game for fun.
So i have uninstalled this crap.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 05:39 AMPosted by Zhuluobin
i have uninstalled this crap.

Uh huh... sure you have. We can see your profile, you know. :D
Reply Quote
I love the game. Especially when I smash a monster and he flies into the air and does about 3 blackflips. Or the way a guard flaps his arms as he flies off after being picked up by a bird. Never gets old.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 05:46 AMPosted by MountainMan
i have uninstalled this crap.

sure I have uninstalled this game so I cant enter game to delete characters, u know.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 06:37 AMPosted by Zhuluobin

sure I have uninstalled this game so I cant enter game to delete characters, u know.

Going by the date on your profile, you last played on on December 3rd, which was 3-days ago, and you have multiple level-60 characters.

So basically you played the game for hundreds of hours over the past six-months, so it can't have been all that terrible. :)
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 01:51 PMPosted by innervation
Someone wrote this in another thread, and I believe it to be the most succinct and correct opinion I've ever read on the subject.

And so there it sits in the showroom. It's pretty obvious that the car is a '55 Vette, but it's Jay Wilson's '55 Vette. All anyone wanted was that it look like a Chevy - the classic they all knew and loved, but with a shiny new paint job, no dings in the door, and some nice shiny new chrome on the wheels.

...dammit why doesn't this car have wheels?

This restored car is good. The engine works. You can drive it for days, and enjoy the ride. But it doesn't ride like you remember the 55 Chevy riding.

First off...my Diablo 3 has wheels. Wheels are needed to run a car, otherwise, it's just a hunk of metal. I've put in at least 300 hours into the game. It has wheels. If anything, it doesn't have a passenger seat. PvP is NOT necessary, it's an extra. So right there, your claim that this is the most succinct and accurate explanation is entirely flawed.

Second, this person claims that Jay Wilson was handed a slightly rusty '55 Vette. I'm no kinda car expert, but I'd bet my life on the fact that most CLASSIC cars, like '55 Vettes, probably didn't undergo upgrades, patch jobs, or even get expansion packs like additional framework and add-ons, like Diablo 2 had (with Lord of Destruction). In fact...if a '55 Vette is going to be considered a truly antique classic, it needs to be pretty much untouched from when it was first released in 1955, thus this entire comparison is completely ridiculous.

Yes, Diablo 2 vanilla was a FAR CRY (no pun intended) better than Diablo 1, with better quests, more loot, more gear, NO movement grid, and a reliable skill system...however, Lord of Destruction made it what it is today, you CANNOT deny that. Certainly not by saying this...

12/05/2012 01:51 PMPosted by innervation
Also cut charms, runes, jewels,

Go to this website and see exactly what LOD added to D2 Vanilla:
http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Diablo_II:_Lord_of_Destruction

You want to keep this analogy? It's like saying the '55 Vette on launch wouldn't have been half the car it was without some extra turbo upgrade the manufacturer released a year after the car's release. FAIL!!!

Diablo 3's been out for around seven months, and while yes, it's very different from any version of Diablo 2, there are distinct reasons why Diablo 3 is the way it is. For a lot of people, the game is still hard even with the freedom to switch out and equip any skill at any time. So far, my Monk's almost beaten Inferno using ONLY self-found gear, so the need for the AH? Entirely an illusion.

People coming up with lame analogies like this expose themselves for how little they actually know about the reasoning behind Diablo 3's approach, and their failure to see anything good on the horizon (i.e., continuing to "suffer" through playing it, while looking really hip by running it down on the forums) shows how their impulsive feelings on this are entirely focused on nostalgia.

To the point where even some younger folks in their early 20s (I'm 32 and remember Diablo 1 from when it was just shareware) insist on longing for nostalgia like old, grizzled 90 year olds...

"Gosh, they sure don't make games like they used to...all these new fangled gadgets and skill switching, I just don't know...back in my day, there wasn't any AH, naw...just the open road, where I had no idea where I was going, yet I could read a book and see exactly who to kill to get certain items...when I was younger, we spoke to the old guy in town or hoarded scrolls when we wanted our stuff identified, not like now...gotta do it myself...I can't do that kinda stuff anymore! I can't identify items myself and keep from accidentally equipping and selling something I didn't want to sell. No no, I can't do that...I'd rather play a game where every stat and skill point is crucial, yeah...I'm not careful enough with my items because there's no item lock, but I want to be relied upon to make crucial mathematical decisions with my character's point sheet. So no, you're not taking my driver's license away, I can see just fine..."

Really really sad, guys, come on...
Edited by CardinalMDM#1269 on 12/6/2012 7:58 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]