Diablo® III

farming bosses?

Hmmmm..

Just had a random thought: From what I have read, bosses have a set random chance to drop legendary or set items. I wonder if for pure drop chance farming, you farmed act 3 Azmodan and maybe the key warden in Stonefort? (as he is so quick generally to find?)

Start the final quest of Act 3, drops you right to Azmodan, port back for the key warden and then kill Azz. Rinse and repeat. *ponders*
Reply Quote
what about the nv stack?
Reply Quote
Starting heart of sin at the quest restart, you probably will be NV 2-3 by the time you get to Azz's gate, port back to the keywarden and likely be NV5 by the time you come back.

Rinse and repeat. NOT great for XP but maybe drops? Just an idea..
Reply Quote
never really bothered with boss farming. has this yield positively for you?
Reply Quote
Where did you read about chance for set/legendary?
Reply Quote
Haven't tried it yet Pich.. bored at work. 8) Actually just read a blue post in the GENERAL forum regarding drops that bosses have a set % legendary/set drop rate. So they have an increased chance of that tasty drop.

Az is the boss that comes to mind as the quickest to get to perhaps?
Reply Quote
i didnt read the post but i would assume the blue mistyped and actually meant the boss has an equal chance of dropping set/legendary like other elites
Reply Quote
Here is the post.. seems to IMPLY they have a greater chance or specific chance, but you are right, open to interpretation.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200084697
Reply Quote
nothing seems to have a higher legendary drop chance. If you are farming legendary, kill whites, purples, quests, along the way. Boss, Elite, Goblin, Chest have higher rare chance thou.
Reply Quote
blizz, ever elusive with their wordings.

regardless, only leg i found from a boss was from cydaea, 1.04, a star of azkaranth. nothing from bosses ever since.
Reply Quote
tbh ive never found that many leg/set items from bosses, i have gotten brimstones from uber bosses tho
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]