Diablo® III

TR Build on the Cheap

Bought the cheapest innas helm with spirit regen.

Bought the cheapest stone of jordan with spirit regen.

Bought the cheapest pieces of innas for the other 3 innas slot.

Bought the cheapest dex skorn with high CD.

Everything else was junk in my inventory.

Total cost: 3.8 M

Total fun: 100%

At dps this low, I do have to do an occasional second pass on a mob or 2, but for the most part they all die on the fist pass. Elites take about 3 swings.

This is def faster than my barb.

Have fun all!

EDIT: Forgot to credit Druin, his post inspired me to try this out.
Edited by Zork#1749 on 12/6/2012 9:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
What is your DPS at? I generally have to do more than 1 pass at 97k DPS unless its like spider mobs. And with the BOH Blazing Wrath buff I think puts me at like 111k.
Reply Quote
Yes, what's your DPS at now? I wanted to try this build too but was wondering if it's ok to do it in the tightest of budget. :P
Reply Quote
I don't see any weapons or armor in his profile, but it shows his DPS as 88,480.
Reply Quote
And your DPS?
You said everthing else is junk but we can't actually see if it really is junk when your monk is naked.
Reply Quote
just throwin it out there....prob wanna look for a min 1.91+ on the head and then on the ring...3.82 combined with all the buffs + templar + passives gets you at the 10.5 mark or 11 total regen :)
Reply Quote
Hopefully it updated...

If I had a little more spirit regen I would be able to switch from sw:inner storm to something else. But for now, as long as SW is up, I have 0 problem maintaining. And if I don't use any abilities, I can run around in town for almost 3 minutes before my spirit runs out. It does mean I have to have a certain density of mobs like act III, but I find act I farming to be much easier. Without decent resistances and any kind of sustain besides health globes, the enclosed confines in act III especially with the witch defuff can cause a death here and there.

I find MP1 act I and act II to be the sweet spot for me so I can kite out of frozen. I am running around so fast it just a blast.

With just a little more resist and armor I could do act III mp1, but for my experiment this is fine. I do need something with pick up radius, gonna buy some bracers tonight.

MP2 is NOT doable at my gear level and spec in any kind of enclosed space. I am just a jailer away from dying. I think if I drop FOT:TC completely and switch to DS I will be mobile enough to do MP2, but there is no point - MP0 is the sweet spot. I can do any act on MP0 with little to no trouble, and I move so fast it is insane.

On a side note - Reflect is a huge issue. With low mitigation and no LS, I have to be very careful with that affix. I got one shot a couple times with TR, I did not think that was possible. So I run past that affix for this gear level. The elites die in 2-3 passes unless they have extra health or shielding. Those take 4-5 passes. Of the white mobs, only the big suckers that we all know by now require a second pass. The rest just fall flat and die.

I def suggest people get a TR set for doing fast MP farming. It is fun, cheap, and you get the thrill of being a barb - except it is like a barb on crack. Total blast!
Reply Quote
Also, I did upgrade a couple pieces bringing my total to 8.2m.

If someone is really lazy and does not want to spend time in the ah, I will part with my set for like 20m (I just do this for fun). If you have decent gems you can easily get this set to about 110k.

With BW and FITL up I was at 137k for putting my SW up.
Reply Quote
Also, I did upgrade a couple pieces bringing my total to 8.2m.

If someone is really lazy and does not want to spend time in the ah, I will part with my set for like 20m (I just do this for fun). If you have decent gems you can easily get this set to about 110k.

With BW and FITL up I was at 137k for putting my SW up.

theres no way adding even perfect radiant gems that you will hit 110k

d3up shows your dps at 76k:

http://d3up.com/b/174392

also, you dont have blazing wrath in your build... FITL puts it at 133k.

other than that, good work with a budget build.

The Xeph amulet with crit (used for cyclones which you dont have slotted) is one of the spendy pieces along with a life steal skorn.

i think you can even get an SoJ with 2+ spirit regen for cheap too which would help your build.
Reply Quote
The Xeph amulet with crit (used for cyclones which you dont have slotted) is one of the spendy pieces along with a life steal skorn.i think you can even get an SoJ with 2+ spirit regen for cheap too which would help your build.

Yeah a LS skorn would handle the reflect problem, but that is about 25m for a low CD dex version.

The SOJ I got was 500k. They are not easy to search for, but I did not see another under 8m last night with decent spirit regen so I called it a day. If you have about 60m you could easily make a very nice TR build. I actually saw a LS Dex skorn with 188 CD on the ah a few weeks ago for 8m, I should have grabbed it. But I was shopping for my barb, and I was obsessed with finding a STR one. Which usually run 500m.

You can see my barb has pretty expensive gear. He also has a dual wield set for fast farming, but with the 5 piece IK set you can run around doing ww infinitely with a skorn as long as there are mobs around and that is a total blast. Thus my attempt to recreate the barb experience on a monk, my original class. In MP0 my monk farms faster than my barb. Even when he switches to dual wield. And his gear is about 300m vs 10m. Now my barb can also do mp8 easily and mp10 slowly. My TR monk is about 1b in gear from that. But it is nice to know that on the cheap you can build a monk that can farm faster than a barb on MP0, which yields the best XP per hour.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Tarzan
also, you dont have blazing wrath in your build... FITL puts it at 133k.

Yeah, I took it out so I could try out MP2. Did not work. My snapshot of my dps mentioned above was with BW but before I upgraded a few pieces.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]