Diablo® III

CM Wizard assistance, Getting stomped in MP0

Here is my fit/stats-

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/douglasg14b-1676/hero/5657221

Stats for the lazy:
-51k DPS
-1.72 Attack Speed (working on getting this up, without sacrificing to much CC)
-50% Crit Chance
-149% Crit Damage
-23k Life
-+20 Arcane power per crit

I am consistently getting stomped on by any elite pack I run into in Act 3 on MP0. I just cannot get enough critical in to refresh diamond armor fast enough to live through desecration's or arcane beams when they hit. The worst are the ones that teleport away when they are unfrozen and beat me down at range (succubus's)

How I go about engaging an elite or elite group-

-TP to the middle of them
-Cast frost nova while starting to spam my energy twisters
-Hit diamond Armor
-Start blasting
-Start spamming buttons and twisters until I die or they do. Sometimes teleporting away from desecration's if I notice them in time or teleporting to an elite that escaped.

Thanks guys.

Edit/Note: I do not seem to have any problems taking on elites on MP0 or MP1 with a 4-man group if that is in any way enlightening.
Edited by douglasg14b#1676 on 12/4/2012 7:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
You don't have resists, plus cm wizard isn't supposed to get hit by arcane desecrate. Use your mouse to move around.
Reply Quote
Here is my fit/stats-

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/douglasg14b-1676/hero/5657221

Stats for the lazy:
-51k DPS
-1.72 Attack Speed (working on getting this up, without sacrificing to much CC)
-50% Crit Chance
-149% Crit Damage
-23k Life
-+20 Arcane power per crit

I am consistently getting stomped on by any elite pack I run into in Act 3 on MP0. I just cannot get enough critical in to refresh diamond armor fast enough to live through desecration's or arcane beams when they hit. The worst are the ones that teleport away when they are unfrozen and beat me down at range (succubus's)

How I go about engaging an elite or elite group-

-TP to the middle of them
-Cast frost nova while starting to spam my energy twisters
-Hit diamond Armor
-Start blasting
-Start spamming buttons and twisters until I die or they do. Sometimes teleporting away from desecration's if I notice them in time or teleporting to an elite that escaped.

Thanks guys.

Edit/Note: I do not seem to have any problems taking on elites on MP0 or MP1 with a 4-man group if that is in any way enlightening.

How much gold do u have? Probably wise to rebuild, i could help you if you could give me a budget to work with
Reply Quote
I wouldn't worry about CD at all until you get AS and CC up, as for survivability in addition to RA I looked and didn't see any LOH. getting some on your amulet, you can also find it on rings, storm crow helm, and blackthornes jousting mail. For 1-2m you can do what I did and get a cheap blackthornes jousting mail with ~500 LOH and a cheap blackthorns ammy with ~500 LOH and IAS this will get you ~1k LOH which makes a big difference and a nice +100 vit set bonus for a little extra.

Edit: if you don't have the budget for a good CM wiz maybe consider going like blizz/hydra/something else and get a nice skorn with lots of CD and CC equipment. I did this for a while with arcane torrent as my main damage spell I got a helm with -4 to arcane torrent and could perma cast it with a slow skorn. works pretty well for groups but slows down a lot as MP increases
Edited by DaMann#1290 on 12/4/2012 7:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Macallan-My buddy is willing to help me out with up to 5mill

@DaMann- I've seen it work without any life on hit, keeping diamond armor up enough. Though I would not complain about more survivability. Also, the amulet seems to be going pretty high at the moment for anything with CC and/or attack speed on it.

Edit: Could I loose some CC for attack speed on my bracers? (thinking of grabbing some Lacuni)
Edited by douglasg14b#1676 on 12/4/2012 7:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
I seem to recall blackthorn ammy's going for < 1m with IAS but unfortunately no CC. see mine for an example I got it for 800k
Reply Quote
i could help you out with some free gears if you want, op.

i'm at work though but hey, feel free to add me. we'll talk about it later if you want

pichapiegal#6638
Reply Quote
You need LoH, build won't work without LoH. Try to add LoH to your Rings and Amulet, sacrifice CD for now, it's not important. Also considering IAS Wand, it will help you to get pass 2.00 aps. Add APoC to your Source, you will need it at this aps level. Basically you need more IAS and LOH.
Reply Quote
@Macallan-My buddy is willing to help me out with up to 5mill

@DaMann- I've seen it work without any life on hit, keeping diamond armor up enough. Though I would not complain about more survivability. Also, the amulet seems to be going pretty high at the moment for anything with CC and/or attack speed on it.

Edit: Could I loose some CC for attack speed on my bracers? (thinking of grabbing some Lacuni)

1m ammy:
8ias
75cc
50int+vit
334 armour
45 fire res

1m ring
8ias
4.5cc
LoH OR 11-22dmg and 73int

1m storm crow
70AR
400 LoH

1m tals chest
+200 armour

1m chants force
160 avg dmg

50k belt - int vit ar

50k pants - int vit ar sock
Edited by skyQuake#1457 on 12/4/2012 8:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'll check those out when he's on.

Also, whats with cool downs getting a grey background and not being affected by crits? Happens every so often, usually results in my death.
Reply Quote
Sky quake is right on the money cheap fix. Don't get anything with crit damage if you just focus on ias and cc things are cheap. Make sure you get your resistance up too 300 plus. The reason most sorc can sit and tank isn't freeze ability it's life on hit once wicked wind starts procs. If you get 500 to 1000 loh you can tank a lot. Both my rings I only paid a mil for. My helmet a mil. Gloves and bracer under a mil. Mempo a mil. Vile ward under a mil. If you look how I bought items it makes them cheaper. I didn't spend over 20 mil on my char so far.
Reply Quote
Means you ran out of mana you need apoc of 15 to 20
Reply Quote
Ah! thanks for the info mate, I was wondering what the grey was. Current Mana on crit is 20. What is apoc?

When my buddy gets on I will look around for similar items.

Excuse my noobness, but what is IAS?
Reply Quote
Way more attack speed, about 800 life on hit, and more armor/all res. ditch the crit damage for now so you can get these stats, dps is good to have but not if you cant get the build to function correctly in the first place.

12/04/2012 08:43 PMPosted by douglasg14b
Excuse my noobness, but what is IAS?

"increased attack speed", its really and old D2 term, in d3 it actualy reads as "attack speed increased by". Same thing though.

12/04/2012 08:43 PMPosted by douglasg14b
What is apoc?

"arcane power on critical hit"
Edited by Camisto#1172 on 12/4/2012 9:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Try this build before spending money to see if it works for you:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005432872
Reply Quote
You have 20 apoc which is fine. Need more attack speed so your tick rate goes up so you crit more which makes more mana.
Edited by CowHOR#1848 on 12/4/2012 9:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
try using Slow Time/ Stretch Time instead of Teleport. It increases your attack speed and has a good crowd control effect.
Reply Quote
Thanks guys. I did as SkyQuake said.

I have not gotten the amulet or a better ring. My total is ~3.7mill so far and it working great.

New Stats-

30k HP
41.5% CC
+149% Crit Damage
2.14 Attack speed
63k DPS Unbuffed
All Resists 450+ (buffed)

MP1 was fairly easy. Trying MP3 now.
Edited by douglasg14b#1676 on 12/4/2012 11:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
Alright MP3 was normal. My finger go numb killing some of the elites though, takes ages.

Got a frenzied shrine that bumped my Speed to 2.51 from 2.14. Made a massive difference, I could keep enemies perma frozen quite nicely and finished off elites fairly quickly to.

Could not kill Azmodan though. Not enough crits fast enough. At least I know what I need to work on. Thanks
Edited by douglasg14b#1676 on 12/5/2012 12:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
Save up for a Chantodo's offhand and you see your DPS go up much higher.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]