Diablo® III

= Prismatic Crafting = Reroll Item Stats =

So i ve thought about how to save the economy in regards of the gems right now and this is what i came up with

if you have found an item with certain stats on it, but just bad rolls on numbers
you may "recraft" that item, thus reroll those values by spending one of every gem type,

the possibility of the value outcome of those stats depends on the quality of gem you have used and the actual itemlvl

all those 4 type of gems must be of same quality
and dependend on the quality of those gems you use to "craft" the valueoutcome of the crafted item may vary

here a list of possibilites
4* Radiant Star may grant a 100% possibily range of those values dependend on itemlvl
4* Perfect Star 90%
4* Flawless Star 80%
4* Star 70%
4* Radiant square 60%
4* Perfect Sqaure 50%
4* Flawless Square 40%

so for example you have a chest item with itemlvl 63 and following stats:
10 vit, 10 strength, 10 allres, 10 lifereg, thus very crappy...

the maximal possibility roll of those stats on a itemlvl 63 item would be:
300vit, 200 strength, 80allres, 599 lifereg,

so now you put in 4* perfect star gems, and that recrafted item may have following stats
1-270vit, 1-180 strg, 1-72 strength, 539 lifereg

if that item would be an itemlvl 60 one
(i dont know the exact max values of an itemlvl 60 but just for this example lets assume)
max stats for item lvl 60 would be
250vit, 180 strength, 75 allres, 500 lifereg
you put in 4*flawless square then the new item would have following values ranging from
1-100 vit, 1-72 strg, 1-30 allres, 1-200 lifereg

ofc those numbers are a question of balancing and may vary but you got the idea

it certainly would take out alot of gems out of the market and increase values of items with good stats but bad rolls

EDIT
as said before its the basic idea and random numbers..

you can also balance it this way so that by using 4* radiant stars

the outcome value would be between 70%-100% of value range of that itemlvl..
Edited by BruceLeet#2380 on 12/5/2012 5:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
Who would ever put 4 (or more, there are items with more that 4 properties) 15m gems to recraft something that has just a chance to be good.

So I start with: 10 vit, 10 strength, 10 allres, 10 lifereg

Now I use 4 Radiant stars and I get: 10 vit, 100 strength, 45 allres, 130 lifereg

I'd rage as a drunk monkey.
Reply Quote
as said before its the basic idea and random numbers..

you can also balance it this way so that by using 4* radiant stars

the outcome value would be between 70%-100% of value range of that itemlvl..
Reply Quote
And what if I want to reroll a single stat?

Items rerolled this way are bound to become extremely powerful and defeat the purpose of loot finding.

Rich people will become richer, they can buy all the gems they want, a bag of 10K items and reroll them to be godly and resell them for huge margins.

Average people will struggle to achieve a single high end gem and reroll a single stat.

The only way this can be implemented is that modified items cannot be sold or traded.
Reply Quote
there is no "what if i want to reroll a single stat" because you cant have everyting
the idea is to take out gems off the market and increase its value..

right now the gold value distribution are all on those perfect items, hence those with good rolls and good stats,
by implementing this idea, the gold value distribution would be scattered across gems, godly items, and those "crafting items" with good stats but bad value rolls, hence less UBER valueable items, but more medium valueable items

wrong, rich people would wnat to gamble while gem prices raise and become more significant in the market...

thus poor people start collecting gems and selling them to get a good start

its not guaranteed to have a godly item...

so first you complain about this craft system beeing too bad because you spend too much to recraft.. then you complain about the system beeing too good because people get gear too easy...

you do realize that its a matter of balancing that crafting system?
instead of complaining and qqing nyou can start contributing with ideas.. its not like i am working against you lolz
Edited by BruceLeet#2380 on 12/5/2012 6:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
post your ideas
Reply Quote
why inflate gems more?!

aren't they expensive enough on AH :|
Reply Quote
I just want them to make Crafting a usefull item / gold sink.

The best Idea I could come up with (aside from upgrading the items you can craft and adding new plans) is allowing us to upgrade items:

White + 100g + a few mats = Blue
Blue + 1000g + Mats = Yellow
Yellow + 1,000,000g + ALOT of mats = 90% chance to reroll the yellow 10% chance to upgrade it to a Set / Legendary item of the same item class (if the item class has no Legendary then it just rerolls regardless.)
Reply Quote
I just want them to make Crafting a usefull item / gold sink.

The best Idea I could come up with (aside from upgrading the items you can craft and adding new plans) is allowing us to upgrade items:

White + 100g + a few mats = Blue
Blue + 1000g + Mats = Yellow
Yellow + 1,000,000g + ALOT of mats = 90% chance to reroll the yellow 10% chance to upgrade it to a Set / Legendary item of the same item class (if the item class has no Legendary then it just rerolls regardless.)


how about x number of brimstonen + item = 50% chance of legendary version of that item
50% chance of rerolled item
Reply Quote
I just want them to make Crafting a usefull item / gold sink.

The best Idea I could come up with (aside from upgrading the items you can craft and adding new plans) is allowing us to upgrade items:

White + 100g + a few mats = Blue
Blue + 1000g + Mats = Yellow
Yellow + 1,000,000g + ALOT of mats = 90% chance to reroll the yellow 10% chance to upgrade it to a Set / Legendary item of the same item class (if the item class has no Legendary then it just rerolls regardless.)


how about x number of brimstonen + item = 50% chance of legendary version of that item
50% chance of rerolled item


I cant see Blizz ever giving us a 50% chance of getting Legendary items... 10% is fairly high considering the past history of drops
Reply Quote


how about x number of brimstonen + item = 50% chance of legendary version of that item
50% chance of rerolled item


I cant see Blizz ever giving us a 50% chance of getting Legendary items... 10% is fairly high considering the past history of drops


why not? x amount of brimstones.. x can be 10?

why wouldnt you give someone who has salvaged 10 legendaries 1 legendary?

but then again things must be balanced..

for chest pieces for example you would need more brimstones...

anyways... i d still think that my gem idea is way better than anything before :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]