Diablo® III

Boycott Lacuni and Inna's

Everyone puts far too much emphasis on DPS for a CM/WW build.

I'd rather stand in 4 arcane beams and not flinch on MP10 ubers while getting hit by swing as SNS.

You remove the chance of death, mobs barely move...you steam roll.

You can do both and there is a big difference between 100k and 150k I would wager. At 100k DPS you would need a multiplier of 10x to even reach 1M EDPS. So sheet DPS does matter but not at the expense of EHP IMO.
Reply Quote
lacuni and innas are best in slot for cm wiz. You can say they suck all you want but at the end of the day someone out there is killing quicker and surviving longer because they choose to try something against the norm.
Reply Quote
ROFL THIS THREAD
Reply Quote
i like my 24% movement speed thank you very much....

and honestly i tested 3.0 over 2.73 and i did not notice a considerable difference that would make me want to drop a ton of damage

whats the point of having a toon that never dies and does way less damage when you can have one that RARELY dies (and generally never dies if you just play with attention) and kills !@#$ a lot faster.

if this game is about efficiency then that means farming as fast as possible -- i prefer farming 12% faster and killing things 20+% faster and OCCASIONALLY dying or things becoming unPERMAFROZEN for a brief millisecond over never dying

and aimless your build is an exception you are an endgame wizard with the budget in the top .01% of players. you can make up the damage elsewhere. most everyone else cant

case closed.
Edited by GrizZ#1908 on 12/6/2012 2:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Inna's are not BIS, CM's survive running SNS with high Mititgation. Inna's provide very little compared to what Blackthornes bring to the table.
Reply Quote
ya no one claimed innas are good, but lacunis? pfttt
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 01:52 PMPosted by trihfh
As someone who uses both Inna's and Lacunis, I do not approve of this thread. ಠ_ಠ

/thread
Reply Quote

Not concerned about my DPS. I will be content with 150K DPS. I care far more about my mitigation.

You can have both. CM wizards like to spout off about how sheet dps doesn't matter. Well, it does. All your damage is based off your sheet dps.

Its because our sheet DPS does not reflect how much damage we are actually doing. Grab your typical run of the mill wizard fit (non archon, non CM, just a typical squishy glass cannon) who rocks 120k DPS. Then grab a CM wizard with decent crit chance and good attack speed (44%+ 2.5aps+) probably around 60k DPS and see who can do the most damage to the same mob.

You will find that because of the lack of cooldown on explosive blast and the 20% damage buff to frozen targets. That the CM wizard does much more "Real" DPS than its paper DPS. This is even more apparent in shocknando builds.
Edited by douglasg14b#1676 on 12/6/2012 2:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
I actually hate lacunis, but I will have to use them at some point to reach the next bp.
Reply Quote
Aphraell sorry u lose innas win.
Reply Quote
gladiator gauntlets underrated.
Reply Quote
inna's still looks like a cycling shorts, snug too
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 01:03 PMPosted by JellzRoc
I'm considering getting cd nats and replacing my cc nats. Might get me up to the 200k ish area without sacrificing EHP but lowering me to 51% cc

See my rings and dps maybe.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dutchy-2231/hero/21788
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 02:33 PMPosted by s8a8i14
gladiator gauntlets underrated.

Lol?
Reply Quote
I wish sns never existed........
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 02:55 PMPosted by JellzRoc

Yeah - Too many newbs, the entire forum is SNS this and that!
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 02:58 PMPosted by Warath

Yeah - Too many newbs, the entire forum is SNS this and that!

Lol not what meant. Meaning I wish I could go straight up sheet dps mode
Reply Quote
In answer to OP: mempo is too fugly to look at, same goes for andariels, also you want an OS chantodo's will as to get high dps, hence lacuni's and or inna's are mandatory in a 2.74+ setup.
If blizz would make legs able to be vanish dyed things might change.
Looks are important too :)
Reply Quote
View profile
Mempo ugly? lolz Not even close to as ugly as SC. I'd like to get rid of Barney suit too for Blacktron chest but that would necessitate a POS lacuni which illl never wear. I want more defenses not less.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/6/2012 3:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
I like sc over mempo look wise
Edited by JellzRoc#1514 on 12/6/2012 3:22 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]