Diablo® III

Boycott Lacuni and Inna's

12/06/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Aimless
Mempo ugly? lolz Not even close to as ugly as SC

Ugly is an understatement, fugly is the correct term imho.
But you don't care ofc, since you chose a male char to look hundreds or even thousands hours of playing at all the time.
I like my little girlie wizzy to look nice :)
Hence why i use a rare apoc hat in my setup.
And it's not that bad even, i'm running with 245k dps ub even with the rare hat.
Edited by Dutchy#2231 on 12/6/2012 3:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Inna clown pants are junk for wizards, even 80% resist all ones.

Lacuni with 80 RA, 6 CC and high int is BIS for any build.

EHP is good and all, but run speed is king, in both farming and PVP.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 03:24 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
Give in. You'll cave and wear a Lacuni. It's not that bad. Take away the stupid Lacuni thorns and you're effectively have the same number of useful affixes as a 6 prop rare bracer. I guess if you don't value the movement speed, then it's one more wasted affix, but most of us like movement speed.

I wormhole. Walking is for losers even at 24ms.

My next big upgrade is actually ditching MS entirely with ice crawlers and two good rings.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/6/2012 3:32 PM PST
Reply Quote

Not they are not cuz you're missing ARMOR and INT. Not only that they cant even roll high on those if you get one on those options. One that will cost billions.
Reply Quote

I wormhole. Walking is for losers even at 24ms.

My next big upgrade is actually ditching MS entirely with ice crawlers and two good rings.

But you need to walk some time ;) And I actually prefer stretch time vs teleport against ubers. Stretch time is a much more affordable way to get to 3.0 while having much better dps and ehp. I've pretty much given up on straight-up gearing to 3.0. It's either way too expensive or too compromised.

And gearing @3 for OS wand is too compromized (mitigation wise due to inna and lucuni) whole game is compromises.

Really OP should have clarified. Just depends what you're after. More tank or more DPS. Inna and lacuni are perfectly viable for DPS chasers.

We are not archons though and have to kill em b4 they reach us.. As long as we stay alive they'll die eventually at any DPS. So my preference is tanky in SNS build.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/6/2012 3:51 PM PST
Reply Quote

Not they are not cuz you're missing ARMOR and INT. Not only that they cant even roll high on those if you get one on those options. One that will cost billions.

When talking about BIS, cost is really a non-issue.

Missing 300 armor and about 150 int is a price I would pay for 12% more run speed.

If you get rid of run speed totally, you will be terrible in PVP. Trust me. In every game I have ever played in over 15 years of gaming, run speed has always been king.
Reply Quote
I need Lacunis to hit 3.01 with OS wand, but they would be a huge ehp loss compared to my current bracers. I tried to improve my ehp on other pieces to compensate, but now that I'm at this point I don't think I want them anymore. Don't really have any problems with any MP10 elites/ubers anymore.

I don't think I'd ever run Inna's as CM...
Reply Quote
No. Stop hating.
Reply Quote
I need Lacunis to hit 3.01 with OS wand, but they would be a huge ehp loss compared to my current bracers. I tried to improve my ehp on other pieces to compensate, but now that I'm at this point I don't think I want them anymore. Don't really have any problems with any MP10 elites/ubers anymore.

I don't think I'd ever run Inna's as CM...

jesus like it would matter in your case. u could wear 5m gold innas and the cheapest crit lacunis and have better mitgation than most ppl at 2.73.
Reply Quote
I move to initiate the extension of this boycott to other EHP destroying strategies:
2 handed weapons
all sources
every rune excluding crystal shell
every boot excluding ice climber
witching hour
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 12/6/2012 7:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
whats so bad about Lacuni apart from price (with crit)?

There is nothing wrong with either item. OP just wants to brag that he's done it.
Reply Quote
whats so bad about Lacuni apart from price (with crit)?

There is nothing wrong with either item. OP just wants to brag that he's done it.

Lacuni is very good, i'll use it solely for the movement speed, OP just dont understand that..

Anyway good rare bracers doesnt come cheap anyway, why pay more for no increased movement speed?
Reply Quote
How do you get to 3.01 with neither?

APOC Chant Source + Mempo + 9/8 everything. I'm sitting at 3.04 in my gear, I can drop 1% IAS.

Lacunis are BiS for both CM and Archon.

Maybe for Archon, never BiS for CM/WW. The EHP is far too bad.

Respectfully disagree.

Yes, the good Lacuni's are pricey, but there's a reason for that: they are BIS.

You can get well over 400k ehp while wearing Lacuni's.
Edited by Phlier#1826 on 12/7/2012 8:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 11:30 AMPosted by whoopadeedoo
Ah, you have a IAS Chant Wand. Talk about crutch. You're going to hit a very low dps ceiling.

^^This.

Putting AS on your bracer will allow the use of a socketed Chant's, increasing your dps potential, without hurting your ehp... as long as you get a good enough Lacuni.
Reply Quote
u must be trollin a 100K gold rare has more ehp than best in server lacuni.
Reply Quote
Everyone puts far too much emphasis on DPS for a CM/WW build.

I'd rather stand in 4 arcane beams and not flinch on MP10 ubers while getting hit by swing as SNS.

You remove the chance of death, mobs barely move...you steam roll.

And you think Lacuni's prevent this? My Lacuni and I would say otherwise.

You know what's even better than standing in all that crap and surviving? Standing in all that crap, surviving, and having enough dps to not have to pack a lunch to make it to the end of the fight. The icing? Having more movement speed to get to the next fight before dinner.

Yes, Lacuni's can be worse than a rare bracer, as their rolls can swing anywhere between brimstone and godly, but you cannot make a blanket statement that a good rare is always gonna beat a good Lacuni. At least not truthfully.
Reply Quote
I have 900 AR, 5.3k Armor, 36k HP with Lacuni now. They can't be bad for EHP, OP you just have to know where to allocate your EHP stats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]