Diablo® III

New CM wiz - need a little advice

Just regeared my old wiz as a CM alt - not really interested in doing a ton of damage, but i need survivability badly. Im under 200k ehp currently.

Ditch the TR chest? Vit Gems?

Im at 400 AR overall.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Reply Quote
I should note - i just replaced the left with with a Unity, and bought a better chantodo source
Reply Quote
inna's is a terrible EHP item. I'd sell that and buy a lacuni's. you'll get more EHP out of an int/vit lacuni's, and won't lose IAS. Then get something like a 100int/100vit/2OS/75 Res all pants.
Reply Quote
If youre dying a lot just swap some skills around until your gear can handle it.

Blur instead of evocation
Energy armor: pinpoint instead of storm armor
Diamond skin crystal shell instead of shards
Reply Quote
Blue won't help much of anything. Evocation reduces CD on DS, FN, and EB, which provides more defensive ability than blur which only reduces 20% of melee dmg.

Everything else he said, would definitely help in defensive side.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:10 AMPosted by Kieble
inna's is a terrible EHP item. I'd sell that and buy a lacuni's. you'll get more EHP out of an int/vit lacuni's, and won't lose IAS. Then get something like a 100int/100vit/2OS/75 Res all pants.

This is pretty accurate.

Blackthornes pants would be way better than Inna and they also come with LoH which can always help a CM/WW
Reply Quote
Blue won't help much of anything. Evocation reduces CD on DS, FN, and EB, which provides more defensive ability than blur which only reduces 20% of melee dmg.

Everything else he said, would definitely help in defensive side.

True but I think we're both right here depending on his other gear, largely crit %. When I do MP7 (51% CC, 2.55 IAS) I find I need blur to reduce initial damage and when the rotation starts they mobs are stuck with a small stutter freeze which still doesnt give them enough time to hit often.

If you find yourself waiting on cooldowns then take evocation, but if you can spam fast enough until your fingers hurt I like blur more. Just dont take glass cannon
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]