Diablo® III

Whats Happening To The Forum?!

I admit I only started reading the HC forums over a month or so ago but....Even then the Forum wasn't packed with garbage. I think the general "HC" forum has turned into SC people coming over to HC asking STUPID questions about MP levels and quick leveling guides.

There should be more moderation of the threads that people post about how to play a character in HC, leveling or requests to complete achievements for them. That or we should just PK all those kids who do request boss kills.

In general the SC community needs to actually look at a few pages before they post, "I just made a WD, what skills do I use?" Or, "Now that I'm 60 tell me what I should do because I don't know how to play a video game on my own"

MORE MODERATION BLIZZARD! THANKS!
Reply Quote
View profile
Agree, to an extent. I don't mind people asking for help, but you're right, more often then not if they bothered to scroll down 2-3 threads they'd find what they're after (or even use the search feature).

I think it's probably their SC General Discussion mentality: Make a new thread or no one will notice your question.

As for people asking for boss kills, I always found that silly. Been seeing a lot of people on D2jsp as well asking for "all inferno boss kills". We get it, you're after the achievement... what is the point if you don't do it yourself?

All in all I think they could fix this by maybe making you need a level 60 HC char (dead or alive) to post in these forums?

Might eliminate some of the clutter.

Also think that the posts that say "I have ______ up on the AH and it's been bid on, please go bid if you're interested" as silly as well. If someone were interested in that specific item, they already would have checked the AH for it, and if they were willing to bid on it at that price, they would have bid
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 06:19 AMPosted by TheDutchMan
All in all I think they could fix this by maybe making you need a level 60 HC char (dead or alive) to post in these forums?

Elitism at its ugliest. Imagine the nerve of newer players actually asking questions & trying to improve, or at least grasp an understanding of the game. Last I checked, you had the option of clicking on a thread. But as I have yet to reach lvl 60, I really don't have valid opinion on anything.
Reply Quote
if you notice, TheRoge always posts elitist ideas about SC people being trash. Ive noticed multiple posts in the passed several days. Yet he always shows only his SC2 profile
Reply Quote
View profile
12/06/2012 06:32 AMPosted by twasbrillig

Elitism at its ugliest. Imagine the nerve of newer players actually asking questions & trying to improve, or at least grasp an understanding of the game. Last I checked, you had the option of clicking on a thread. But as I have yet to reach lvl 60, I really don't have valid opinion on anything.

Oh calm down. I don't work for Blizz. I was making a suggestion to address his concerns.
Reply Quote
View profile
havent noticed it much, but yeah its annoying when you see another "hey im a barb how should i build" when like 4 times a day bryanw1995 and a few others give exact advice in other threads.

that being said, if a thread doesnt look interesting, i dont click on it. right now thats "looking for ____" and "need advice for anything but WD" haha.
Reply Quote
bryanw1995 for president!
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 06:44 AMPosted by Battle123
The problem is not that we don't want to help New SC players streaming in. The problem is that they are new to the process and don't realize that 90% of the new threads with questions they ask have already been answered by HC vets such as TDM and myself. All you have to do, is type it in the search bar or scroll back. Otherwise, you flood the entire forums with hundreds of threads and it's hard for people to sort through them. I also find threads that ask for boss kills incredibly stupid. I would be too embarrassed to ask for that in public. At least PM some people and ask for it if the only reason you're doing Hardcore is for boss kill achievements

I come from SC with reasonable experience (1000 hours play time) and when I started my toon, I reached a point where I was not sure about his stats and whether or not he should continue on. I did what you said and search the forum. I found some info, but not exactly what I needed. Would I have found the info I was looking for if I had devoted more time reading threads? Maybe so. On the other hand, posting a request for help and suggestions allows the more HC exprienced players to see my toon and set of skills. They can deduct my play style and so on. They also can spot a mistake if I made one. I agree with you that a lot of people, not just here, are lazy and will not even try to locate the info by searching.

Now, since I posted that thread, each time I have a question or want the opinion of others, I post my question there. I do not start a new thread each time. I think that this practice tends to eliminate multiple threads when one is only necessary. That's my take on it. Others might differ.

About the Boss Kill $$$ threads, I am 100% agreeing with you.

Cheers!

IO
Reply Quote
Maybe i'm new in HC.. maybe i'm not that experienced to have an opinion (300hrs total) but i'm experienced in Forum Moderator.. The problem it's not the ppl askin.. the problem with the forums it's that Bnet forums are waaay to bad organized.. there are no sub-categories.. in all the categories we should have a "Help" sub.. (except for General Discussion..) 'cause if i'm new on HC.. i'm going to search for help where the ppl who knows best is.. not going to a different category called "Help" when globalized everything and my post will be forever forget..

In the case of HC forum.. being a completly separate "game" or "way" there should be a Sub for classes, for help and a Welcome players sub.. ppl like The Roge will not have to deal with those "kids" and ppl like Battle123 could help anytime they want to help or feel like they want to..

Also Bnet does not care about their forums.. they do not make or tell ppl to use the search button before posting.. its just a matter of the Forum Moderators to administrate better the forums.. for a nice well implemented forum i can told you guys to look at XDA-Developers..

(Bnet should use something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA to make ppl use the forums better)

(i woud actually incorporate a "Trade" section.. for those who have some services.. items and as long as they permited.. the 4-1 threads.. )

In my case i didn't need to ask because i find all the answers on actully active threads.. and its going pretty well =P.. and i like this community.. (And Wizards community.)

Sorry if i have some errors on my typing or gramatical.. english it's not my native lenguage..
Reply Quote
Maybe i'm new in HC.. maybe i'm not that experienced to have an opinion (300hrs total) but i'm experienced in Forum Moderator.. The problem it's not the ppl askin.. the problem with the forums it's that Bnet forums are waaay to bad organized.. there are no sub-categories.. in all the categories we should have a "Help" sub.. (except for General Discussion..) 'cause if i'm new on HC.. i'm going to search for help where the ppl who knows best is.. not going to a different category called "Help" when globalized everything and my post will be forever forget..

In the case of HC forum.. being a completly separate "game" or "way" there should be a Sub for classes, for help and a Welcome players sub.. ppl like The Roge will not have to deal with those "kids" and ppl like Battle123 could help anytime they want to help or feel like they want to..

Also Bnet does not care about their forums.. they do not make or tell ppl to use the search button before posting.. its just a matter of the Forum Moderators to administrate better the forums.. for a nice well implemented forum i can told you guys to look at XDA-Developers..

(Bnet should use something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA to make ppl use the forums better)

(i woud actually incorporate a "Trade" section.. for those who have some services.. items and as long as they permited.. the 4-1 threads.. )

In my case i didn't need to ask because i find all the answers on actully active threads.. and its going pretty well =P.. and i like this community.. (And Wizards community.)

Sorry if i have some errors on my typing or gramatical.. english it's not my native lenguage..

As a moderator you should know that no matter how organized, if your population is huge, this will always happen. Just like there will be someone always complaining about it.

Add to this that blizzard has had 1.03, 1.04, 1.05, 1.06 and some of the old topic discussions are irrelevant. On top of that ideas evolve. I mean maybe people who frequent this forum might not understand this analogy but if you looking for the latest fashion trend you will not look up posts from the 1970s.

Reply Quote
As a moderator you should know that no matter how organized, if your population is huge, this will always happen. Just like there will be someone always complaining about it.

Add to this that blizzard has had 1.03, 1.04, 1.05, 1.06 and some of the old topic discussions are irrelevant. On top of that ideas evolve. I mean maybe people who frequent this forum might not understand this analogy but if you looking for the latest fashion trend you will not look up posts from the 1970s.

Yes i know.. but.. as a moderator you have to at least.. Try.. i mean.. all the forums in bnet are a ton of threads deposit in a category withoud order.. yes.. there will be always closed threads.. banned ppl.. misunderstanding of the forum rules and all.. but if u don't try the disaster its bigger.. i think with a little bit more care for the community forum administration everything will look better.. and vets will be happier.. as they in the 70-80% of the time will only read (see) important threads..
Reply Quote

Yes i know.. but.. as a moderator you have to at least.. Try.. i mean.. all the forums in bnet are a ton of threads deposit in a category withoud order.. yes.. there will be always closed threads.. banned ppl.. misunderstanding of the forum rules and all.. but if u don't try the disaster its bigger.. i think with a little bit more care for the community forum administration everything will look better.. and vets will be happier.. as they in the 70-80% of the time will only read (see) important threads..

Irony is if OP searched forums he would have found this on page 3.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200064480
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 06:58 AMPosted by frosted
bryanw1995 for president!

Most truthful part of the thread.
Reply Quote
I'm from SC but I am the one giving advice to these people as well. If you've played that class in SC, it's no different than HC. If you are having a hard time with builds, go to !@#$in SC, buy some moderate tank gear and test out what works. I personally already knew what barbies are capable of so I had no questions.
Reply Quote
There's enough moderation on these forums these days.

Posts are getting deleted frequently.

I've also been banned multiple times.

It wasn't like this until all the Softcores moved over.
Reply Quote
View profile

This
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 08:56 AMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
I'm from SC but I am the one giving advice to these people as well. If you've played that class in SC, it's no different than HC. If you are having a hard time with builds, go to !@#$in SC, buy some moderate tank gear and test out what works. I personally already knew what barbies are capable of so I had no questions.

So true.. irony is.. i play like "HC" in SC.. i started to look for DPS when i see that i have lot of AR, Lot of VIT, High Armor and normal DPS.. i feel so much confortable in the HC.. because i play the way i like.. using hydra, blizzard, kiting, pets with my brother wd.. high vit, high ar, high armor makes you a great player on HC but a noob on SC.. thats why i only search for things like if my player dies and didn't have another one i lose everything including gold and stash.. not my way to play the char.. (in 1.0.4 befor MP i have a Wizard with 1400 AR with buffs, Primatic+the barbs scream) 70k HP, high stun, high freeze.. being a wizard i was the tank.. and when 1.0.5 comes out i was so obsolete xD..

There's enough moderation on these forums these days.

Posts are getting deleted frequently.

I've also been banned multiple times.

i was talking more about moderators organizing forums with sub-categories.. more than banning ppl.. closing threads... in a well organized forum the ppl who got banned and closed threads are more often the new guys.. not the vets.. bnet moderators only do that.. close threads.. ban ppl here and there.. and nothing else..
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 06:39 AMPosted by Nedo
if you notice, TheRoge always posts elitist ideas about SC people being trash. Ive noticed multiple posts in the passed several days. Yet he always shows only his SC2 profile

Sorry I dont care too much about these forums (AKA I don't ask questions about my characters, dont ask for achievements, dont ask for friends)

I merely post things because I play HC. If you want to look at my characters then I'm sure you can look around my profile.

I don't consider myself elitist. I use the AH, I sell items, and I've considered rushing characters. But i'd rather do the leveling myself for now. I just don't like people asking a question every 5 minutes because they don't know what items to use at level 35. then post a new thread at 36 being like, "I unlocked a new skill is it better for my build?!"

--------
To everybody else,

Thanks for the support. As mentioned above in the 35-36 example post....I think HC is more about just playing and taking the risk. If you ask for help, question every couple minutes then whats the risk? If your doing something you know will work then there is no risk and probably no reward.

STOP posting in the threads if you play HC and don't want to deal with the risk.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]