Diablo® III

Idiots on AH

I've been looking at OH's for my barb and have been looking at on paticular weapon for about a week now. The BIN on it hasnt changed at all. Its been at 35M BIN but the bid price is starting to get hilarious. When i first saw it it was 32m s/b. ok thats cool Ill just wait for the auction to end and see the person lower it. Next time it comes up 30ms/b. Ok not much of a drop but whatever I'll wait for it to end again. Next time it come up its a 22m s/b. Ok now its dropping like it should, still a little more than what I would pay for it. Ill just wait till it gets dropped to like 15m. So I go look for it again today. S/b is at 30m again. WTF. Nobody bid on it when it was 22m why they !@#$ would anyone bid on it at 30m. AH needs a commenting or pming system so i can let the seller know they are a dumbass.
Edited by Whistlr#1908 on 12/5/2012 8:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
Many people price items for what they want to get for them versus what they are actually worth. When it doesn't sell after six weeks of re-listing it for eleventy-billion gold they claim the system is broken, when in fact it is the seller who is broken.

I'll chop the price in half if something I've listed as BIN hasn't sold in a couple of hours.
Reply Quote
I usually wait for my auction to get close to the end and if no one bids on the item. ill cancel and drop the price 500k to 1m(depending on item of course). No sense in wasting a spot for a month on an item when i can keep them moving
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Whistlr
I've been looking at OH's for my barb and have been looking at on paticular weapon for about a week now. The BIN on it hasnt changed at all. Its been at 35M BIN but the bid price is starting to get hilarious. When i first saw it it was 32m s/b. ok thats cool Ill just wait for the auction to end and see the person lower it. Next time it comes up 30ms/b. Ok not much of a drop but whatever I'll wait for it to end again. Next time it come up its a 22m s/b. Ok now its dropping like it should, still a little more than what I would pay for it. Ill just wait till it gets dropped to like 15m. So I go look for it again today. S/b is at 30m again. WTF. Nobody bid on it when it was 22m why they !@#$ would anyone bid on it at 30m. AH needs a commenting or pming system so i can let the seller know they are a dumbass.

It's possible someone got the item for 22m at the last second and thought they could flip it for 30m. Granted that's only a 3.5m profit after 15% fee, but it's possible.
Edited by VindictivE#1654 on 12/5/2012 8:50 AM PST
Reply Quote

It's possible someone got the item for 22m at the last second and thought they could flip it for 30m.

This
Reply Quote
Yea didnt really think of that
Edited by Whistlr#1908 on 12/5/2012 8:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
I, too, have been emotionally damaged when people sell items I want for more than I am willing to pay for them.

Perhaps we should form a support group?
Reply Quote
I, too, have been emotionally damaged when people sell items I want for more than I am willing to pay for them.

Perhaps we should form a support group?

Lol a share the wealth campaign
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Whistlr

don't support the flipper, look for a few stats lower, they might even cost 40% lower than what you were willing to pay for, happens to me all the time in terms of price:stats ratio

gl
Reply Quote
That's why snippers and floppers make the AH healthy.
Reply Quote

Why would you be following a weapon for a week that was only 32M? And if it's frustrating you that much and you want it buy it.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Anagram8

Why would you be following a weapon for a week that was only 32M? And if it's frustrating you that much and you want it buy it.

Ive been following it because its the only weapon witth str on vit with 11ias and over 90 inate cd with a socket. Im not really frustrated its just funny how ppl think sometimes
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:00 AMPosted by Hak

don't support the flipper, look for a few stats lower, they might even cost 40% lower than what you were willing to pay for, happens to me all the time in terms of price:stats ratio

gl

The only reason I have been on the item for so long is because it has vit. about 130 vit. If i were to only look for str on it. I could get an easy 800dps one with over 100str for about 3m
Reply Quote
AH needs a commenting or pming system so i can let the seller know they are a dumbass.

AH doesnt not need pm'ing for this exact reason

So you have been looking for a week? and cant find one cheaper? seems the seller is trying to get fair value and you are a low baller/ broke ***.
Reply Quote
Not every person that has Diablo 3 plays as regularly as you do. Some people play everyday, some people play once every couple days, some people play once a week, some might even play once a month.

The point is, just because it doesn't sell at 22M doesn't mean it can't sell for higher. I've listed items before, re-evaluated the market by searching similar items after x time, and re-listed for a significantly HIGHER price and the next day it's sold.
Reply Quote
AH needs a commenting or pming system so i can let the seller know they are a dumbass.

AH doesnt not need pm'ing for this exact reason

So you have been looking for a week? and cant find one cheaper? seems the seller is trying to get fair value and you are a low baller/ broke ***.

ll Im a broke !@# but my EF cost more than your whole gear. lol. Im just not going to over pay. Would u pay 100m for something worth 10m. Have some common sense

EDIT: you should also read all comments before posting. I clearly explain why ive been looking at it
Edited by Whistlr#1908 on 12/5/2012 9:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
If you are spending real money to buy gold, gear, etc - uarefoolincarnate.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Avion

Whoever said I spent real money on gear gold. I wouldnt waste a dime on virtual money
Reply Quote
I had an amulet on AH for 75M buyout only. It was on the AH for about 30+ hours, and after re-searching the stats, the cheapest one after mine with similar stats was 175M. I re-listed for 150M and guess what? It sold in the next few hours. Not every potential buyer will visit AH in the time frame you want them to.
Edited by RaiseOnce#1482 on 12/5/2012 9:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Avion

Because judging someone for what they spend their personal money on makes you so much more intelligent, right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]