Diablo® III

Made a CM wiz... imba dude. just imba.

omg, totally OP. lol

i have never had more resources in my entire lifetime of playing as a WD. CM is like our old VQ, except the CD's all get reduced to 0 instantly... in MP10.

it made me think about how much cooler our class would be if we could utilize something similar for like a 0s zombie wall build, etc, without having to wear a ton of random gear for it.

its like, the only requisite for CM/WW is 3.0 IAS and 50%cc.

to be a good WD, you need, like, high stacks of INT/VIT/RA/ManaRegen/IAS/CD/CC/LS

lolol

seriously, at 80k i can farm mp10 just as easy as my 210k dps (unbuffed) wd... wait no, easier than him.

:(

gonna do more testing using my wd gear this week, will post some more info as it comes. for now though, i am dissapointed in the dev team, to me this just seems so funny that wiz get like so much regen from one passive and we have to run 2-3 passives (and no way you can use PtV) to get the same effect while they use those last two passsives to boost dmg (like up to 40%). so even if their sheet dps is 80k, the ACTUAL dps is more like 120k, without having to worry about anything at all.

btw, did you know magic weapon gives them LS (and 10% more dmg) without HAVING TO GEAR FOR IT? yeah, funny how that works...

seriously, please blizzard, make our class better.
Reply Quote
I can farm mp10 faster and easier than your wizard :)
Reply Quote
btw, did you know magic weapon gives them LS (and 10% more dmg) without HAVING TO GEAR FOR IT? yeah, funny how that works...

Kind of ridiculous no?

10% dmg and lifesteal,
Glass cannon gives +dmg at mininmal cost.

Iv been saying for a long time that similar geared WDs (compared to other classes) are no where near competitive, but people just dont listen and say we are fine. They say we should be different, and you have to gear differently, but teh bottom line is, Other classes with equal gear to us can jsut faceroll.

Of course, if htey nerfed CM wiz, WW Barb, then perhaps we wouldnt be talking but i doubt it will happen.

I honestly dont think many devs play WDs and the ones that do probably just play bears and say we are fine, then go back to their OP Barb =)
Reply Quote
ROFL.

yeah RIGHT BOY.

YOU AINT EVEN SEEN WHAT I DONE LAST NIGHT.

so funny how OP it is when I am using meteors and chain reaction (and no ww) to proc all my resource regen AND do MASSIVE DMG...

all of this while CHAIN FREEZING EVERYTHING at the same time.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Xarkar
Iv been saying for a long time that similar geared WDs (compared to other classes) are no where near competitive, but people just dont listen and say we are fine.

+1

seriously.

one day of wizard and i am laughing my !@# off at their ineptitude, and this idea of 'balance'.

imagine INFINITE RESOURCE REGEN AS A WD WITH 3.0+ attack speed?

YOU CAN'T. cause we are broken. or you are using darts OR bears/spiders with 6B in gears... even then its so gimimcky and not how i feel the class was made to be played...

unlike OP stunlock massive meteors raining build i am currently testing... which is awesome.
Reply Quote
Yo get in game sayga lets play im getting bored with soloing.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 02:05 PMPosted by eviLal3x
Yo get in game sayga lets play im getting bored with soloing.

lol leaving work... asap.

need to get a chantodos with IAS to put me over 3.0... hook it UP!

ps- I WANT MY GOLD, CHUCK.

lolol i hope he reads that.
Reply Quote
View profile
I have both CM wiz and WD. I play them both and like them both for different reasons. I geared up my wiz for way cheap though. I am running 57% base crit with 2.78 aps unbuffed. I think 2.7 aps / 50% crit is the breakpoint for permafreezing anything.

After playing 7k elite kills as CM wiz... you will be getting carpal tunnel if you don't set up a macro on your mouse or keyboard...

WD is more fun to play for me since it involves more skill than teleporting into a mob... freezing and casting nados all over and exploding a million times...

I can run MP10 with both characters though... when go on runs with friends... I usually give them the option of which they want to play with.
Edited by ofgortens#1113 on 12/5/2012 2:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
Haha, that's what many of have been saying all along! You gotta play all the different classes before you realize how much out of the loop the WD is.

I've been passing all my hand me down WD gear to my Wiz for since 1.0.4. You don't even need 3 IAS you only need ilke 2.7 or so. I have a CM wiz on my other account, the only draw back is you get tired from all the mashing but most people who play CM wiz's use Macros. (just make sure to use the ones that come with d3 mouse it seems razor mouse users get banned every once in a while) LS, LOH, VIT, int, meh all of that is BONUS!..

Permi freeze everything (or as close to permi as you need), unlimited shields, and if you want to spend the money to get a good amount of AR/Armour you can run a shards spec that does INSANE amounts of damage untop of permi freezing and triple damage with a single click via chain reaction, and lots of dodge if you want to run the port/mirror.

I find it hillarious when CM wiz's I play with whom never try WD's try to say that WD's are OP and wiz's are some underdog class. lol.

@Xarkar Technically we get a LS of sorts with GI, it just doesn't work in upper mps.

But be warned if you think some of the WD's on this forum are childish.. CM wiz's can be some of the biggest bunch of babies in the game. Cry about everything even though they are beyond OP. Then If you dare say they suck there ego's flare up and they tell you how they are the greatest in the world. It's like a catch 22. Oh and don't you dare suggest it's possible to do mp10, or ubers without them.. Oh boy that's an earful waiting to happen lol. They don't understand how other classes work. They have specs that work for every MP, but cry about not having build diversity because every spec doesn't work for every MP.... oh if they only rolled a WD first lol.
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 12/5/2012 2:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
OPs wiz is like... what.. a glorious lvl 29?

obvious troll is obvious... doesn't even talk about APoC when stating the requirements for a CM wiz, what a joke
Reply Quote
I can run MP10 with both characters though... when go on runs with friends... I usually give them the option of which they want to play with.

Do they ever pick the WD? Hehe.
Reply Quote

obvious troll is obvious... doesn't even talk about APoC when stating the requirements for a CM wiz, what a joke

:facepalm:
Reply Quote
View profile
@op u have build diversity in the wd classes tho, i will admit that resource management for wds still sucks despite improvements to wds

builds for wd for high lvl mps are as i understand it
zero dogs
zombie bears
acid rain

builds for wiz in high lvl mps are
cm wiz

builds for wiz that dont work are:
archon cant do mp8+ , need bis gear to do mp7
uberdeath build doesnt work
meteor centered build doesnt work
kite builds dont work
cause all of those build types suffer from resource problems/not enough kill speed

its the main reason y even archons have a cm/ww wiz setup

btw u forgot to mention that cm/ww requires 20 apoc and .8 loh for every 100k dps
oh and weve been nerfed 3 times in a row now as well, and will most def be nerfed again as good old wyatt is on record as sayin they dont like the synergy of wiz skills
Edited by SteelPhantom#1820 on 12/5/2012 3:36 PM PST
Reply Quote

Obvious moron is obvious. Profile hasnt updated, chill.

@op u have build diversity in the wd classes tho, i will admit that resource management for wds still sucks despite improvements to wds

zero dogs
zombie bears
acid rain

cm wiz

kite builds dont work
cause all of those build types suffer from resource problems/not enough kill speed

its the main reason you even archons have a cm/ww wiz setup

btw u forgot to mention that cm/ww requires 20 apoc and .8 loh for every 100k dps
oh and weve been nerfed 3 times in a row now as well, and will most def be nerfed again as good old wyatt is on record as sayin they dont like the synergy of wiz skills

Cm build.. Just means you take that passive. The rest is up to you.

thats 0 investment in passives and skills, which should allow MORE build diversity if i am not mistaken.

LL is sick, meteor builds do work, and tri is the best offhand in the game. You dont even need to worry about set bonus so stop talkinging about apoc (aka resources) like its hard to get.

Btw, enough cc and ias you dont even need 20 apoc, you should know that. And .8 loh? Thats so little give me a break... Try 5.9 lifesteal.

Oh wait you have magic weapon with lifesteal which means i can use a sever with cd. Ever think about that?

Lastly, why can i cast phantasm only 3 times while you can cast ww infinitely? Feel free to take a stab at that one.

Ps- meteor centric builds do work, ill be happy to let you know that. In case that didnt get thru to you yet. Check my profile tmrw. Fun as hell, and works in mp10.
Reply Quote
I played a CM wiz for a few weeks. The perma freeze is awesome, but I could only do 2-3 runs before my fingers would start to hurt. I just don't see how people play 3-4 hours non stop on a cm wiz.

I'll sit here and enjoy MP10 without being in pain after i play.
Reply Quote
View profile

Obvious moron is obvious. Profile hasnt updated, chill.

zero dogs
zombie bears
acid rain

cm wiz

kite builds dont work

its the main reason you even archons have a cm/ww wiz setup

Cm build.. Just means you take that passive. The rest is up to you.

thats 0 investment in passives and skills, which should allow MORE build diversity if i am not mistaken.

LL is sick, meteor builds do work, and tri is the best offhand in the game. You dont even need to worry about set bonus so stop talkinging about apoc (aka resources) like its hard to get.

Btw, enough cc and ias you dont even need 20 apoc, you should know that. And .8 loh? Thats so little give me a break... Try 5.9 lifesteal.

Oh wait you have magic weapon with lifesteal which means i can use a sever with cd. Ever think about that?

Lastly, why can i cast phantasm only 3 times while you can cast ww infinitely? Feel free to take a stab at that one.

Ps- meteor centric builds do work, ill be happy to let you know that. In case that didnt get thru to you yet. Check my profile tmrw. Fun as hell, and works in mp10.

.8loh per 100k dps, means 800 loh at 100k dps
1200 loh at 150k dps, and so on and so forth and

if ure so sure were so op y dont u post this in the wiz forum seeing as how ur such an expert on the cm build and u can give us all some lessons
Reply Quote
@Xarkar Technically we get a LS of sorts with GI, it just doesn't work in upper mp

Its essentially a Life on kill ability, which is 100% usless on elite fights, unless you drag other trash into the fight.

Comparing GI to LS is like comparing a weapon with life steal to one with life on kill.
Everyone wants one, nobody uses the other.

=)
Reply Quote
zero dogs
zombie bears
acid rain

True, but most require significant gear investment.

0 dogs, is a gimick spec. (yes its cool) but seriously, do you not think it should be baseline? Why do we have to waste TWO skill slots, AND what, 3-4 gear slots just to use the spec? Thats a huge requirment.

Bears, sure they are great, but to do it right you need to invest in mana regen, bear cost reduction etc.

Acid rain, probably requires the least investment, but if your using AR your probably using LOH/procs which means your limiting your spec since AR/RoT are really the onyl 2 skills that work.

WDs are amazing when you overgear the content, (ie low mp farming).
WDs are OK at high MP levels, but simply dont compare to a CM wiz / WW barb etc.
Reply Quote
well to be fair CM wiz does also require a ton of
INT/VIT/RA/IAS/CC
and armor
Mana regen gets replaced with ApoC and you can get LoH instead of LS.

It's only because high avg damage and CD isn't required to be effective with a CM wiz so it's cheaper to "budget gear" for the hardest content.

Overall WD has more build diversity so it can be considered to more "fun" class to play until you reach the highest MP levels, where you need to spend much more gold on gear than a barb or wiz to be as good.
Edited by UCANDOOWIT#1386 on 12/5/2012 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
i have no idea how much a good wd costs but up to mp7 capable cm wiz costs 50-150mil now depends on if u wanna run mp7
u wanna go over mp7 then ur looking at a bil minimum even with the price drops for gear
y because the only way to put out enough dps to farm mp10 solo requires u to do the sns build which requires very good mitigation as well, but the op is an expert on the build so i would love for him to teach me how to farm mp10 without needing over 750mil for the next 2 upgrades i need to make mp 10 farmable

note: i can survive in mp10 but cant farm it solo (these two things are very different)
btw an mp10 capable barb is far cheaper than an mp10 capable wiz (stupid 30 dmg reduction and cc break abilities)
Edited by SteelPhantom#1820 on 12/5/2012 5:18 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]