Diablo® III

Made a CM wiz... imba dude. just imba.

all i want to do is make it rain meteors like a boss though...

You can definitely do that, but if you want to totally drop twisters from needing to be used you need 2 sources of -5 AP cost to meteors and to have someone tank for you since you need to keep up the prism rune of diamond skin. I'm talking about meteor shower against a single target. Against multiple it's easy as hell to spam the crap out of that as long as there's something to hit.

And let me tell you, it looks and feels amazing. Sadly doesn't outdmg a well optimized SNS wizard in similar gear, plus you lose most of your CC since frost nova eats up an attack turn.

I'll make a vid when I can get on next, but in the mean time here's a cool one with the liquify rune on meteors.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDyX8GbXtr8&list=UL

Though I do hope WD does well in pvp at least...I do think they're definitely one of the coolest classes ascetically, right up there with wiz.

nice vid, wish though you ran into a elites, couldnt tell if you did or not, but obviously pretty good regardless. yeah i was going to try for just meteors with MS rune and CR for procing with 28apoc.

yeah i have a maras with cc and ias and 4 cost reduction to meteor + and chantodos with 5. is that enough you think? or should i add a skully or soj in there as well?
Reply Quote

nice vid, wish though you ran into a elites, couldnt tell if you did or not, but obviously pretty good regardless. yeah i was going to try for just meteors with MS rune and CR for procing with 28apoc.

yeah i have a maras with cc and ias and 4 cost reduction to meteor + and chantodos with 5. is that enough you think? or should i add a skully or soj in there as well?

I ran into elites and they took me a while to kill too (most of the vid actually 30s-1:30).

But what I found enabled me to ignore twisters and go straight meteors was -10 total cost reduction, Critical mass, Astral Presence, Prism rune on Diamond Skin, ~30APOC, and 50%+Crit chance. In my opinion I like meteor shower best.

However you can work with ALOT less if you still rely on twisters to generate arcane power, much like you saw me do in that video I linked.
Edited by BDF#1838 on 12/6/2012 9:19 AM PST
Reply Quote

I ran into elites and they took me a while to kill too (most of the vid actually 30s-1:30).

But what I found enabled me to ignore twisters and go straight meteors was -10 total cost reduction, Critical mass, Astral Presence, Prism rune on Diamond Skin, ~30APOC, and 50%+Crit chance. In my opinion I like meteor shower best.

However you can work with ALOT less if you still rely on twisters to generate arcane power, much like you saw me do in that video I linked.

in your opinion though, do you think they will nerf ww? i feel like its a possibility but if they did that wouldnt MS be an apt replacement with high enough cc? 7 meteors all individual crits (on 100% weapon dmg) - other than cast time, seems like a no brainer.

but what do i know, i only have 300 elites kills lolol

i did clock in at 170k unbuffed dps by swapping my wd gear lol

but was critting in the millions still (cause of cold blooded)

i was using a dps sever with socket, using magic weapon to give me lifesteal to proc the pieces affix.

worked really well up until i encountered badass reflect dmg, then things got hairy.

still though at lower mp's sever seems so much better on wiz than on a wd. i tested that at MP8 and MP6 and 6 was ez pzy.
Reply Quote
Life on hit is infinitely more valuable than life steal for CM/WW. Get 1500 LoH and 2.73aps and nothing will budge your hp. (assuming reasonable defenses)
Reply Quote
View profile
Remember the last time you saw someone say "Man, I wish this uber group had a witch doctor..."?

Neither do I.

WD does need some efficiency love.
CM lets you ignore all uber mechanics.

Welcome to the dark side OP, only downside is you'll get hundreds of uber requests and no1 will ever let you just dps again.

I will say that when I run MP10 uber fights with some powerful friends (barb, CM wiz, monk)... I find a lot of times having to be the one that revives them when they hit by magda's buggies since most other classes can't stand for 3 seconds without getting hit (monk w/serenity can but they are still targeted). WD with jaunt = the best reviving combo IN THE GAME!!! SO although other classes are better in basically every stat... I can revive better than all of them ;)

If you detect sarcasm, you are correct.

@ OP

Make sure you get a good mouse that has macro functionality cause your fingers are going to get tired from all the button smashing. And make sure it is a D3 sanctioned mouse so you don't get banned.
Edited by ofgortens#1113 on 12/6/2012 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 10:00 AMPosted by BDF
Life on hit is infinitely more valuable than life steal for CM/WW. Get 1500 LoH and 2.73aps and nothing will budge your hp. (assuming reasonable defenses)

no i understand that to a certain degree, though i feel getting 1500 loh might be... difficult if you are using a memp0/tal rasha, no? not many tal rasha with loh there...

also would be giving up IAS, is that really worth it?

lastly, i know loh is better for cm/ww but my point was that if you can kill stuff quickly with meteors you cannot die because of the sever's last affix. same would go for archon build which makes me think it might be worth tryin with the sever tonight.
Reply Quote
View profile
I just picked up a decent dps chantodo's wand with high LoH. That is plenty for me. I gave up the socket / ias which are too expensive for what I wanted to pay for gearing my my CM wiz anyways.

Sacrificed some dps with no socket... but still able to maintain my cc/ias from all other gear. I run a cc stormcrow too which gives you LoH. If you are running a cc mepho (so pricey), then you'll have to look to ammy/blackthornes/rings for LoH.
Reply Quote
Been away from the WD forums for a few days... because I was working up a CM/WW wiz. Now I check back and see this, haha. For less than 10M plus borrowed gear from my WD I can run keys at MP7 in a duo (I don't have enough DPS to solo it). My wizard isn't half as boss as some of yours, but then again neither was my WD.

(For reference, I am at 2.5 APS, 41.5 CC, 18 APOC, 700 LOH, 4400 armor, 500 RA, I think)

But yeah, first impression was: holy !@#$e this is powerful, and easy!

Second impression was: damn my hand hurts!
Edited by Worloega#1821 on 12/6/2012 11:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
Funny how I make a thread about how we should have a passive that reduces cooldowns by 1 sec like CM or some kind of mana on crit and the whole community here lashed out saying it was a bad idea and how WD need to be 'different.'

Probably because more and more people gear up they are finally getting what we have been trying to tell them all along.

If WW Barb / CM Wiz are OK in blizzards eyes, then WDs have serious problems.

If WW Barb / CM Wiz are OP, then perhaps we are not in such bad shape. (I will still argue we need some form of man replenishment that scales with gear).

To be totally honest, GF/GI are two of our best passives, and could probably solve our problems if they were tweaked somehow so they worked better in higher MP levels.

Say, rather than death / globes it was based on damage taken / damage dealt etc.

Thank you! Wiz was the first class I played, and after reading these pages and watching some videos on youtube I've been considering rolling with her again. For 10m you can run archon through mp 3 and cm through mp 8 even. I love my WD, but I'm glad that some of the other WD here on the forums are realizing just how annoying our resource is in higher MP compared to other classes.

To the WD out there who don't see an issue...I have NO idea why they purposefully want our class gimped compared to cm wiz/ww barb. It's just total insanity.

ppl should sticky this/recommend it so its gets seen by more of the community and the blizz forum folks.

i am curious if they would have a comment on the matter... but i doubt it.

i would give all my gear to charity to hear a blue say they are looking into addressing our mana regen issues at higher mps.

Please! I want to know what Blizz has to say about WD resource. If they don't see an issue with it, I might just give up. I forget about our mana issues when I run mp 1-3, but once I go higher and start playing with my friends I see such a crazy disparity in how the class functions.
Reply Quote
Mana steal passive and/or mana on crit passive, or something.

Please.
Reply Quote
Funny thing is, I bet WD is the only class that Blizz made that is working as intended.

Everything else I bet is some kind of unforseable scaling issue/build combination.
Reply Quote
Funny thing is, I bet WD is the only class that Blizz made that is working as intended.

Everything else I bet is some kind of unforseable scaling issue/build combination.

ROFL

wouldn't that be ironic?
Reply Quote
Mana steal passive and/or mana on crit passive, or something.

Please.

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

resource steal would be pretty cool, yet they will somehow figure out a way to with screw us, make us think they are buffing us, and then completely leave us out to dry...

again.

btw, please do not respond with the pets arguement. pets are now where they should have been all along. that wasnt a buff, that was just blizz admitting they are stupid.

pets would have been impossible to use otherwise, and that alone should preclude it from being considered a 'buff'. it was more like UNBREAKING something they BROKE in the first place.

thats just my 2c on the matter...

ps - WHERE IS MY WITCH DOCTOR VERSION OF ARCANOT, BLIZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by SayGa#1564 on 12/6/2012 12:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
My main was wiz for the last 5 months. I got up to 220k dps with her.

The cookie cutter CM/WW build is basically just a button mashing build for little kids. It's also freeze or die—or kill slowly. I also required some very expensive and monoutility gear.

Also, you're not *farming* mp10. You're slowly plodding through it. CM works on all MP levels, but it's actually a BAD build for the MP1-4 range, which is where actual farming occurs.
Reply Quote
But yeah, first impression was: holy !@#$e this is powerful, and easy!

Second impression was: damn my hand hurts!

rofl, apparently this... and the 0s zd cd builds are pretty painful from what i hear.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 12:37 PMPosted by deadclown
The cookie cutter CM/WW build is basically just a button mashing build for little kids

just like 0s zd build, no?

im 99.99999% sure you are constantly mashing at least 2 buttons ad infinitum to achieve constant dog sacrafice, and its not like ANY of the gear u get for it is useful in ANY other way...

however with CM/WW, i think many of those items can be reused, i have seen no one using a SOJ or maras with the build, its THAT OP you dont even need the WW cc weapon, whatever its called... or anything else. just cc and IAS, things that most good gear already has on it.

for me all i did was get nats 2 pc (waaaay cheaper than 2pc zuni) and chantodos set...

pretty straightforward i think. oh and a stormcrow.
Reply Quote
View profile
the reason y no one uses soj or maras is b/c its hard to sacrifice ias, maras can at least roll ias so its way better than a soj,
sloraks (the ww cc) weapon is only for those who dont want 2.73 as or higher b/c they dont see a performance improvement b/w 2.51 and 2.73
but yeah id assume cm/ww is gonna get nerfed again i mean its been nerfed 3 times straight and would have been 4 if 1.06 wasnt a fake patch to boost the numbers and get d3 closer to 1.1
Reply Quote
View profile
2pc nat's can get expensive if you go for a cc rolled nat's ring or trifecta. But int rolled nat's boots are cheapo
Reply Quote
Ok reality check from my perspective.

I am not uber by any means, I ran with my AC proc build. (Toads, AC, 3% freeze, 3% stun, 4% chill)

I ran with 2 CM WW wizards just to compare, both were near my gear level and dps. (110k and 150k respectively). They both had between 30 and 40 nef level.

We ran at mp5 just to have an easy go and see what each of us could do solo. One guy would run forward and kill the other two watched.

I have to say they lock stuff down way better than I do but I definatly killed faster.

I did not feel out classed.

That was my experiance.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 04:53 PMPosted by SteelPhantom
i have no idea how much a good wd costs but up to mp7 capable cm wiz costs 50-150mil now depends on if u wanna run mp7

You can do a mp7 capable CM/WW wizard for pretty cheap. I spent about 20m on mine, plus the boots, belt, and shoulders from my WD.

I haven't priced the boots or the shoulders out in a while, but I suspect that puts the total cost far closer to 50m than 150m.

The shoulders might push it a bit higher, but really, the extra Vit they provide is overkill.

I can solo mp7 quite easily, including ubers.

My WD can't solo the ubers nearly as well (I need to drop down to MP4-5), but I will say I farm just about everything faster with the WD. It's nowhere near as easy as the wiz, though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]