Diablo® III

170 unbuff - who needs nats/EF?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SrslySam91-1775/hero/845576

^ For uber lazy

Hello lads. Back from my 1 week ban (meh) and got some upgrades. Before I went on leave I was talking about whether or not I should chase an Echoing Fury or 2 piece natalyas boots/reflection.

Maybe one day I'll try it out, but for now I just can't stand the fear proc. Also 2 piece nats would only be useful to me once I have well over a bil to spend on the pieces. Otherwise it's just not worth it for the mere 2k dps I'd gain (with a CC reflection, 200+ dex boot) so I'm sticking with my rares.

Anyone else feel the same? Also my new baby (mempo of twilight) I bought for 210m. Pretty solid I'd say.

On another note..I made a thread on d2jsp about selling my monk. I need a new PC and the funds would help go towards one, but if I don't find an offer that's good enough then I'll probably end up waiting until PvP. Adios!

edit -- Forgot to say my other upgrades were my new sexy Vile Ward, Inna's Pants/Chest and my amulet.

My amulet isn't very good, so for the mean time if anyone has a decent upgrade for me with all res/cold resistance I'll make an offer.

edit 3 - Also I've been doing mp10 ubers as of late. Group of 3 monks including myself, and one barb. (Couple were with barb sometimes replaces with CM or monk with barb etc) also I was the highest dps out of the group.

If someones looking to group for some ubers send me a message in game!

EDIT 4 ::::: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65571562&f=153&o=10

I do have my account up for sale guys. I am taking offers at the moment, it's not really an "auction" it's more of a I'm taking bids and if I feel I get offered the right amount I'll take it.

A sad day :(.

C/O is 800m. (Looking for more than this, obv)
Edited by SrslySam91#1775 on 12/6/2012 7:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
Welcome back, heard you got into a bit of a "war of words" with LordRaahl. Be careful.
Reply Quote
Not really, just not a fan of his words of wisdom.
Reply Quote
nat ring + boot at combined 500m will yield you increase of 10k-15k DPS... but you'll be losing tons of HP (124 vit on your ring and 10% life) so I must say your choice is pretty good though you missed out lots of CC (8% less than mine) -> less cyclones from sweeping wind.

I'm also an anti echoing fury... but its price will probably go up when pvp come. still no words on how much crowd control resistance the players would have
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm definitely in agreement with you that 2pc Nat's is NOT the way to go until your wallet (so to speak) can support it. And the more math I do, the later this seems to become. I'm talking when you're a multibillionaire.

I think budget wise Lacuni's + Ice Climber's + Rare ring is really the way to go, even if you can't afford CC on the bracers. I did some math earlier showing how the two options compare with PERFECT rolls, which gives a general idea as far as potential is concerned. You can see the math here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7320082383?page=2#27

As far as Echoing Fury, its definitely a double edged sword. I've used mine long enough now to be comfortable using it regardless of situation when I'm alone. I still refrain from using it when I'm in a group though, except for when I'm doing ubers. In that case it actually seems beneficial since the fear acts as somewhat of a short stun. The only situation it can be bothersome in any way is when Magdha decides to run into a corner and stay there, then again I've seen her do that without using EF too so whatever.

When I'm not using EF, I've found a 3 LS Fist to be a decent substitute as it allows me to switch to my cd+socket WKL.
Reply Quote
I use EF Wkl best combo to me as for nats if you get a really good nats ring with crit and the set you could get 13.0 bonus crit but that a really good nats I'm 221k unbuffed
Reply Quote
you have no argument when you have 20 mil gems everywhere then complain nat's is too expensive. You'd gain a lotttttttttt more dps if you sold your ice climbers and your ring then sold all your gems. for 2 average nat's pieces. You got 170k unbuffed despite not listening to popular belief and reason.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/06/2012 05:55 AMPosted by Shlink
you have no argument when you have 20 mil gems everywhere then complain nat's is too expensive. You'd gain a lotttttttttt more dps if you sold your ice climbers and your ring then sold all your gems. for 2 average nat's pieces. You got 170k unbuffed despite not listening to popular belief and reason.

Actually he does. Like I said in my last post, unless you're spending 1B+ on both Nat's ring and boots EACH, then they mathematically are inferior to the options I listed. Multiple 20M gems is hardly a valid counterargument to what he said when you're talking billions.

For arguments sake, why don't you tell me how much you paid for your Nat's boots + ring + bracers and I'll PROVE to you that I'm right, and that you WASTED money and got INFERIOR stats by bandwagoning.
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 12/6/2012 6:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 05:55 AMPosted by Shlink

Lol you're wild. And I'm not complaining at all about nats being expensive. I just said who needs it..? Haha wow.

Also, have you ever used a damage calc before? I'm just saying I would need to spend at LEAST a billion if not more on the 2 piece to make it WORTH while by using it. Use a damage calc bro, enter my stuff and then search a regular nats ring and nats boots (you're talking average, so that's sub <200 dex) and see what it does even WITH the crit chance bonus.

It's minimal gain, if any at all. It is worth it - but only when I can afford to lose the 10% life/150 vit from my boots/ring atm.

edit -- shlink, your 2 piece nats wouldn't even gain me DPS, just an FYI.
Edited by SrslySam91#1775 on 12/6/2012 7:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 07:35 PMPosted by SrslySam91
Not really, just not a fan of his words of wisdom.

amen
and how did you get banned?

Yea my monk doesn't have nat set and has 170k dps :P
Reply Quote
Well I called him a virgin..and I guess he reported me if that's possible? The other time was when he was supposedly "trolling" me in general chat when some kid said I couldn't do mp6 and I was laughing at him.

Sore sport I guess. But oh well, I'll have to watch my tongue I suppose since I'm apparently being watched.
Reply Quote
You have nothing to be proud of. You spend tons of money on gears and only have 160K dps, it is a shame. Let me tell you why people use nats/EF, because it is the most efficent way to boost dps.I totaly spend around 120M and I am at 130K dps. The most expensive item I bought is the EF which is 52m.
Edited by zhengok#1640 on 12/6/2012 8:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
Your DPS is 126k. I don't understand what you mean by me being "16k" dps, because I don't know if you're aware that 16k actually means 16,000.

I am at 170k completely unbuffed, so you'd be wrong even if you forgot to write a "0" at the end of that.

Second, I don't understand most of you on these forums..I'm posting an accomplishment of mine that I've hit the 170k plateau without using echoing fury or natalyas. I enjoy using these items because it's not the same as everyone's who's trying to do the same thing with nats/EF.

I spend tons of money on gear and only have 170k dps..it's a shame? Lmao. Everything I have is from farming. Never touched RMAH once to improve my gear. Never spent a dime more on this game than buying the digital copy.

If you're going to try and criticize me for spending a lot of money on my gear, how about you criticize everyone else? I can do mp10 ubers, can you? Why do I have to deal with people like you on a regular basis..next time at least write your post CORRECTLY without trying to tell me that I'm 16,000 DPS.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/06/2012 08:31 AMPosted by zhengok
You have nothing to be proud of. You spend tons of money on gears and only have 160K dps, it is a shame. Let me tell you why people use nats/EF, because it is the most efficent way to boost dps.I totaly spend around 120M and I am at 130K dps. The most expensive item I bought is the EF which is 52m.

Use the link I posted in post #5. Its actually NOT the most cost efficient way to boost dps.
Reply Quote
wow. someone gets excited. Did I ever say you were using RMAH? I did not. Whatever you do farming or buying gold it is still money correct? Anyway, I add that "0" just for you and maybe it is very important. if you want to get to the detail, ok you dps is 168,495. upbuffed. accomplishment or showing off, you know the answer better than I do.
Reply Quote
Welcome back, Sam.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 08:39 AMPosted by gotaplanstan

Use the link I posted in post #5. Its actually NOT the most cost efficient way to boost dps.

This is the topic that I like to talk about. The problem with option 1 is that it is very difficult to
find some parts than option 2 parts. average natas supply level is way more higher.
Reply Quote
srly im also trying to go ur way without using nat set. getting a witching hour and mempo. Nat set drop our Ehp by insane amount that it becomes pointless to use it.

at the moment with getting a mempo is still crazy at 200m, abit out of my league but grats for clearing 170k dps without nat.

UR WKL actually deals more dmg than a nat set anyway, ur easily 200k+ dps after taking into consideration of the lightning dmg.
Reply Quote
I'm still also torn on a mempo, since both the price and EHP lost makes me wonder if its actually worth it.
Reply Quote
WKL is a prison sentence
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]