Diablo® III

Act3 EXP farming

Looking for more people.

Core >> TOD 1 >> Crater 2 >> Bridge >> Keeps 2

add me
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
how about i tag along for 18 lvls until i hit 60. Got wiz gear in stash waiting with about 5 mill to blow as well ;)
Edited by Nedo#1827 on 12/5/2012 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Nedo
how about i tag along for 18 lvls until i hit 60. Got wiz gear in stash waiting with about 5 mill to blow as well ;)

Pretty sure, just pretty sure, they are talking about inferno.
Reply Quote
I don't mess with Keeps 2
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 11:55 AMPosted by krazlys
I don't mess with Keeps 2

Yeah it seems odd to add that into an A3 run. Keeps 3 and 1 have their own waypoints, too.. just do those!
Reply Quote
Keeps 2 is one of the highest EXP zones in the game. Port into keep 1, walk into keep 2 and clear, works great for exp.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 12:02 PMPosted by JoesGetNDown
Keeps 2 is one of the highest EXP zones in the game. Port into keep 1, walk into keep 2 and clear, works great for exp.

Doesn't work so well at lower paragon lvls inferno however when you have to worry about ****ing lunatics. Protatoe, SamChowders, and elite guys like that can have keeps 2, I just don't have enough killing power/ehp yet to feel comfortable there. Well, and WD's too, they seem to love keeps 2.

Specifically, a 73k dps DH like yolo has enough killing power from a distance that lunatics shouldn't be a problem, but barbs and monks in particular just have trouble killing all of the lunatics quickly enough.
Edited by Bryanw1995#1913 on 12/5/2012 12:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
Looking for more people.

Core >> TOD 1 >> Crater 2 >> Bridge >> Keeps 2

add me

I Can't see the value in playing with people when my hellfire ring on my follower gives more more exp in addition to keeping the enemy hit points low to 1 hit.

I wish blizzard would address this injustice to claiming its a multi player game.
Reply Quote
Hellfire on follower only gives you a 9% exp bonus though, right? And if you get a buddy with similar dps to yours, you should kill things more than 9% faster PLUS you can benefit from team skills like WC/mantras/bad medicine/turrets/cm wizard stun-lock/etc. I've been running with scoundrel at 11,300 dps, that helped kill things faster for a while, but now that my dps is so much higher he just isn't carrying a large enough share of the load. Besides, he keeps moving in on my future digital gf...enchantress is soooo sexy...:)
Edited by Bryanw1995#1913 on 12/5/2012 12:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
Each monster only has 70% more health per player still, right?

So, if you had another person, if they did damage greater than or equal to 70% of you then you'd be good to go. You also get their class specific buffs and the extra target too
Edited by krazlys#1305 on 12/5/2012 12:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
Bryan, you will find it doesn't work in practice as you suggest.

I ask you to test it. Time yourself clearing craters 1, 2 and core. Now get a party of 4 players with similar DPS and try it.

You will find the lack of direction or targeting of different monsters and such just slows down the run.

I've done runs with Broqing who is a very very high DPS barb, and even going with someone that has 6 times my dps, I find the runs are about as fast as I go on solo play (Notably significantly safer though)

The reason I feel for this, in single player, my sweeping wind damage is enough to nearly kill monsters in 1 hit. This is my AoE skill, so just engaging a single enemy I am hitting everything in the pack. At my current DPS amount I find this is perfect that by the time I wade into the pack, its nearly dead already.

When you add another player my much weaker AoE skill is not nearly as effective. The less health the monster has the better it is for using weaker AoE skills like acid cloud over bears, WW over HOTA, Multishot over other attacks
Reply Quote

I Can't see the value in playing with people when my hellfire ring on my follower gives more more exp in addition to keeping the enemy hit points low to 1 hit.

I wish blizzard would address this injustice to claiming its a multi player game.

Yep, feel the exact same way. D2 it wasn't hard to find someone who could solo anything at player 8, it was simply fun to jump into a game and plow content with others. Now it's just a liability.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]