Diablo® III

Best in Slot Gear for Farming high mp?

Hi,

I have decided to switch over to my monk from my 95 barb to farm with. I currently am just using exp rings and farming mp0 for exp to quickly hit 100. After that I want to start buying her best in slot pieces and was wondering what you all think I should aim for?

I currently have almost 800m saved up but I don't want to waste money buying anything that is not best in slot. I know I could get some serious upgrades for 100-200m but would have to later replace eventually with best in slot pieces, so I think ima just farm and save up and buy one best in slot at time, or something like that.

so what should I aim for? What is a good combination of stats that I am aiming to get, 3-5% life steal? 500-800 resist? more/less? Do I need loh or no? I have no idea what is the best to farm high mp levels.
Reply Quote
Look at my gear, most of them are 95% best in slots, except for one ring, helm, bracer, and chest, everything else are > or around 100m
You want mempo for your helm, and a good Lacuni for bracer

800 won't buy you much, but it can gear you to similar level as I am for sure.

those are best in slot, you would want to get a LS Skorn as well..
Reply Quote
Look at my monk, I can solo mp10 including bosses
He s balanced as they come, not pictured is my 9% ias litany ring (replaces hellfire) best ring EHP imo, and w/ purple gem in helm I'm 56k hp

I believe balance, a toon that never dies, is key to being "godly" and farming what you want

56k HP
580 all Res
5800 armor
52% cc
458% CD
2.55 APS
2.7% LS
919 LOH
741 LPs
11% melee reduction
7% elite/boss damage reduction
34% movement speed
213k dps unbuffed
Edited by Azakiah#1996 on 12/5/2012 10:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
And no monk wants a skorn IMO that's BS, not BiS
Reply Quote
my opinion of best of BiS gear is
Memphis of Twilight (6% CC)
Inna's Vast Expanse (200 DEX/100 VIT/80 AR)
The Witching Hour (200 DEX/100 VIT/80 AR)
Inna's Temperance (200 DEX/100 VIT)
Natalya's Reflection (50+ AVG DMG/6CC/50CD)
Natalya's Bloody Footprint (300 DEX/100 VIT)
Vile Ward (300 DEX/100 VIT/12% Life)
Rare glove (300 DEX/100 VIT/80AR/10CC/50CD/9IAS)
Rare amulet (50+ AVG DMG/10CC/100CD/9IAS/89DEX/80AR)
Rare ring (50+ AVG DMG/6CC/50CD/9IAS/89DEX/80AR)
Lacuni Prowler (100 DEX/80AR/6CC)
2x rare weapons (1.2k DPS - black dmg + 50% dmg+ 200 dex+ LS + 100CD + soc

a dream build that not even one can fulfill =p
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
BiS is certainly a 1.8APS White dagger ... but I am sure they will fix that at some point ;)

12/05/2012 10:26 PMPosted by Azakiah

Stop hating on my Skorn bro!
Reply Quote
View profile

I few corrections:

-afaik 66 is the max Average Damage can roll
-rare rings can max roll dex+vit of 100+100, not 89 which is Natalya's Reflections max
-rare necklaces, same as rings
-Lacuni's, same as rings
-I imagine (don't quote me) that a 950 dps 6/25 CD+socket WKL would contribute more EDPS (not sure if LS+socket would too, but its a possibility)
Reply Quote
View profile
Hi,

I have decided to switch over to my monk from my 95 barb to farm with. I currently am just using exp rings and farming mp0 for exp to quickly hit 100. After that I want to start buying her best in slot pieces and was wondering what you all think I should aim for?

I currently have almost 800m saved up but I don't want to waste money buying anything that is not best in slot. I know I could get some serious upgrades for 100-200m but would have to later replace eventually with best in slot pieces, so I think ima just farm and save up and buy one best in slot at time, or something like that.

so what should I aim for? What is a good combination of stats that I am aiming to get, 3-5% life steal? 500-800 resist? more/less? Do I need loh or no? I have no idea what is the best to farm high mp levels.

Unfortunately OP, most NEAR BiS items cost more than 800m A PIECE lol. The 3 slots which contribute the most DPS though (in case you wanna start there) are probably neck + weapons.

The top contributor if I had to venture a guess, would be a top end Won Khim Lau with something like 940-50 dps, 6/25 light dmg rolls, 3 LS (my preference) or 90+ CD, and a socket.
Reply Quote
BiS is certainly a 1.8APS White dagger ... but I am sure they will fix that at some point ;)

Stop hating on my Skorn bro!

i dont know about that.. if all the rest of eq is BiS already (no need to swap), then you have this 2 options

1. 1.8 dagger + 10 cc shield (swapped from LS skorn)
2. 1.5 dual daggers high DPS + LS + LoH

I got the feeling that (2) combined dps from FoT+SW outdamage (1) SW only. but i have no maths to back this up. it's practically impossible to get the full BiS gears so I won't go any further into this min maxing theory.

I few corrections:

-afaik 66 is the max Average Damage can roll
-rare rings can max roll dex+vit of 100+100, not 89 which is Natalya's Reflections max
-rare necklaces, same as rings
-Lacuni's, same as rings
-I imagine (don't quote me) that a 950 dps 6/25 CD+socket WKL would contribute more EDPS (not sure if LS+socket would too, but its a possibility)

thanks for the correction. WKL is probably BiS but in an ideal system, you'd want the setup that can adapt to any skill builds =p
Reply Quote
Look at my gear, most of them are 95% best in slots, except for one ring, helm, bracer, and chest, everything else are > or around 100m
You want mempo for your helm, and a good Lacuni for bracer

800 won't buy you much, but it can gear you to similar level as I am for sure.

those are best in slot, you would want to get a LS Skorn as well..

Skorn over 2 1handers? If so can you explain why? And why do you have your higher dps weapon in offhand? Can you explain that, I feel like I am missing something with cyclones or something :)
Reply Quote
Just like to say thanks to everyone for such great ideas. I def bookmarked some profiles and this gives me some goals to work towards. What piece do you guys think I should replace first on my set? I was thinking maybe neck, since its my barbs neck and I got it long time ago.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 03:16 AMPosted by Fitz
Skorn over 2 1handers? If so can you explain why? And why do you have your higher dps weapon in offhand? Can you explain that, I feel like I am missing something with cyclones or something :)

For SW, there is no mainhand/offhand. It is ACTIVE hand when you cast it.

Yea I bought a 1500 one with crit for this purpose, I swap to start up SW and then just keep it up with my 4 piece innas right now. I found it great for grinding mp0 , with my 2 exp rings I am averaging around 50m/hour. But soon ima be 100 and then ima start gearing for high mp levels.

What do you guys think I should replace next?
Reply Quote
Question seeing we're on this topic

Majority of monks state taht you'll need minimum 150k unbuffed dps for mp10 so that ubers do not enrage.

well, different builds will have different buffed damage.

Is 150k unbuffed dps using the standard cookie cutter build? (my profile is probably still showing my TR gear)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]