Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
EDIT: check new posts for updates.
this is a work in progress tho.
currently the first 2 parts are avaible and i think there will be around 3 more parts.
the first 2 parts are kinda aimed at totally fresh players/monks and/or totally broke players with very limited budget. so the "real" guide will start with part 3 i suppose - anyways stay tuned then.
the guide has a step by step approach on a "need to know" basis, so hopefully i succeded to not create information overkills.
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_ZLDv4q6co
leveling gearing tips and "cookiecutter specs" explained
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR8wJ9VUd6Y
Building a lower budget MP1 set that allows easy upgrading and testrun of the set
Part 3: currently in progress
- General information about gearslots and what to look out for them
- How to upgrade the MP1 set to get ready for MP5/6 Ubers
(probably) Part 4: in progress
building of a mid/higher budget set
- how to gear and spec for low MP farming
- EHP in detail
- elite-affixes and how to handle them (gearwise and playstyle)
- "higher" gearoptions and how to improve dps then.
Edited by gReMLiN#1825 on 12/9/2012 2:08 PM PST
Part 3 and 4 uploaded and ready.
covered so far:
- how to progress with your monk from 0 to killing MP5 ubers with "anyday" avaible stuff and not wasting gold. (not too much anyways =) never ever buyout stuff like i do on the guide, i just do it to get it done faster and accept the loss of efficiency) in this case i did spend 3,3m in total on EU with counting in the replaced items as well.
- general tips about upgrade routes and how to plan them.
- detailled info about EHP, eDPS, eHeal
- how to gear monks for low MP speedfarming
- affixes explained and how to handle them
- updrade options MP5+ and how to gain DPS (general upgrade routes and item combos)
part 6 uploaded and ready.
did change the MP5 set into a MP0 tempestrush XP farming set and show you how to do it and showcase a testrun with it.
might squeeze in a short part (6b) for some info about dashing strike, but then the part 7 gonna be about building dps.
Edited by gReMLiN#1825 on 12/23/2012 9:37 AM PST
part 7a and 7b uploaded and ready
its about weapon setups and how to build DPS in theory and i do explain how to build a "dps cube" and showcase that on a 10m budget set (EU)(which came out to be 100k dps on my monk - while still be able to handle MP9).
there will be a 7c part upcoming with more details about the sustain setup to chose (aka LS, LoH) and possible statcombos for dualwield setups.
finally found some time to get another part done. 7c uploaded and ready
its about the sustainstats and a compairsion of LoH and LS with suggestions what sustainsetup to pick.
will try to get a part about possible wep combinations for dualwielding done and want to get a part out about midgame and endgame armor combinations and how they work out.
part 7d ready and uploaded
its about some well working stat combinations when building a dualwield setup and an example scouting.
part 8 will be about mid-/endgame options for armor combinations with explaining and showcasing how the certain combos work out. so you will get a good idea what to aim for for your desired playstyle.
part 8 will probably complete the "series" then.
part 8 is ready and uploaded
its about some higher armor options you can go for as monk. going through the benefits and downsides of certain combinations and showcasing how certain combinations will work out on your statistics.
this part kinda concludes my "series".
hope the guide helps some of you to invest your gold in the way that suits you the most and to not get frustrated.
gl with your gearing. =)
will be adding footage about pvp.
currently i got the "trailer" sorted. the following part b will be about my experiances so far with pvp on my monk on the testrealm, what i think the best pvp specs will be and how to gear for that.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.