Diablo® III

Apologies

Yesterday morning I wrote a seemingly harsh post regarding what you are and/or aren't owed by Blizzard. It was taken in a very odd direction, not surprisingly, by this community. Everyday I log into the forums and see hate thread after hate thread and I responded in defense of a company I still believe in. That's all. To set the record straight, a little:

- I'm not a troll.
- I played Diablo II for around seven years.
- I enjoy my sword and board.
- I don't work for Blizzard.
- I still believe in Blizzard as a company.
- I believe Diablo III's team did a good job.
- I believe Diablo III's team is still doing a good job with patches and updates.

While Blizzard does not owe us anything, they're still responding in a very good fashion to all of the many community issues regarding this game. Because they do care about how we feel about the game and want to make changes the community general agrees upon.

With all that said, so many members of this community respond in such an immature way, it's just sad. You can disagree with a company and not have to sling mud at them or those that don't feel the same way as you. It's okay to disagree.

Sorry if I offended people, and I take no offense to all the hateful text typed at me. I just consider the source(s). Cheers, everyone.

-Straag-
Reply Quote
Agreed.

I am still surprised by the vitriol people spout on this forum. Respect for divergent opinions is rare and unhelpful at best. I did not read your original post but I do agree that Blizz is continuing to support this game even though we are not paying a monthly fee and I have to respect that. I am looking forward to future patches as the game seems to keep getting more fun and I am still playing after 7 months. Not many games out there have held my attention for that long.

Thanks for your post, Straag. Looking forward to seeing more from you.
Reply Quote
Hey Canda. Nice to find other individuals that can keep it civilized. My original post is here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7321162126?page=1#1

Cheers.

-Straag-
Reply Quote
You take this !@#$ way too seriously.
Reply Quote
Yesterday morning I wrote a seemingly harsh post regarding what you are and/or aren't owed by Blizzard. It was taken in a very odd direction, not surprisingly, by this community. Everyday I log into the forums and see hate thread after hate thread and I responded in defense of a company I still believe in. That's all. To set the record straight, a little:

- I'm not a troll.
- I played Diablo II for around seven years.
- I enjoy my sword and board.
- I don't work for Blizzard.
- I still believe in Blizzard as a company.
- I believe Diablo III's team did a good job.
- I believe Diablo III's team is still doing a good job with patches and updates.

While Blizzard does not owe us anything, they're still responding in a very good fashion to all of the many community issues regarding this game. Because they do care about how we feel about the game and want to make changes the community general agrees upon.

With all that said, so many members of this community respond in such an immature way, it's just sad. You can disagree with a company and not have to sling mud at them or those that don't feel the same way as you. It's okay to disagree.

Sorry if I offended people, and I take no offense to all the hateful text typed at me. I just consider the source(s). Cheers, everyone.

-Straag-

Let 'em whine...

You can't control other peoples actions.. only your own. And from what I see, you're doing a fine job.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Professional
Reply Quote
View profile

Well you are the professional!
Reply Quote
View profile
OP just do your thing, and try not to let the haters get to you.
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
I understand people being upset when the game was first released...particularity the people that had 1500 elite kills week one...but Blizz definitely took the complaints seriously and made MAJOR improvements with the updates!
Reply Quote
good luck getting legendary drops ever again
Reply Quote
View profile
Really OP takes it too serious and not those that threaten to hurt themselves or others over this?

Come on!
Edited by MagusHenosis#1202 on 12/6/2012 8:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
Apologize for what? The idiots on this forum that are immensely dissatisfied with this game?

We all have choices to make. You can't control other people's choices.

NEVER apologize to the morons that cry/whine/get angry about items/AH/RMAH. If they have a vision for a game, let them start their own gaming company and execute it.

Take back your apology RIGHT NOW. And stop caring what other people think.

Last, but not least, go enjoy Diablo 3 if you like the game.
Reply Quote
View profile
The level of maturity on the forums is really staggering sometimes. I frequent this forum just about every day, and no matter how I try to make an intelligent point with a well-thought out post, it gets childish "tweet" remarks as replies, as if a few words, one typed character, or a phrase that belongs on a meme more than it does in a communication forum is a good counter-argument.

I probably saw your post yesterday, can't remember if I replied to it or not...but integrity and the realization of one's error are two things this forum doesn't see very often. Just ask everyone complaining about bad drop rates, who fail to mention that everything they have is purchased on the AH with gold or money. Those people refuse to admit that they made a bad choice on a daily basis, and now they're here, omitting their fault and calling shenanigans on Blizzard.

Try to not let it bother you, keep playing, keep having fun with the game, and hopefully as soon as Blizzard can manage it, the game will become as powerful as it needs to be.

Speaking of...I think it would be a very ironic twist of fate if D3 gets killed in the Spike TV videogame awards voting, then an expansion gets released next year that completely tears the roof off the game, and it kills in 2013 or 2014 because the community, communication, replayability and overall experience end up being better than previous Diablos.

It's an out there hope, I'm certainly not holding my breath, but...it's both something for them to strive for AND absolutely not impossible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]