Diablo® III

My Lucky Day

So I sold my first 100 mil item today and used the gold to upgrade my Spite and some other pieces. With the new gear I got a 15k DPS boost. :)

That by itself made a great day, but it gets even better. I had just signed off for the night and was getting ready to go to bed, but then decided to log in again and check out some Nat's cloaks.

I was specifically looking for one that had 60+ res all, like my current one, but more armor. I quickly found out that none were in my price range as I only had 2.5 mil. Considering that there were only 2 pages of cloaks after narrowing the search to >60 res all with a buy out of <2.5 mil, I decided to just check them all out. On the second page I came across this beauty of a Cloak for 1.2 mil buyout. Now, before I give you the stats on the cloak let me state that I run a dual wield Strafe build with 2.45 attacks per second so hatred is an issue. ;-)

398 Armor

90 Dex
63 Res All
11% Life
Increases Hatred Regeneration by 0.97 per second
Increases Critical Hit Chance of Strafe by 7%

I just couldn't believe my good fortune.
Reply Quote
good job.. i was looking for something like that for a while now but still no luck.. though i'm at 2.38aspd but not really having a prob with hatred due to nightstalker and prep(hatred rune)..

great job though with the find :)
Edited by Devonshire#6299 on 12/5/2012 12:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
gratz! my gears also came mainly from a good find of Inna's radiance.

good deal on the Cloak too
Reply Quote
So I sold my first 100 mil item today and used the gold to upgrade my Spite and some other pieces. With the new gear I got a 15k DPS boost. :)

That by itself made a great day, but it gets even better. I had just signed off for the night and was getting ready to go to bed, but then decided to log in again and check out some Nat's cloaks.

I was specifically looking for one that had 60+ res all, like my current one, but more armor. I quickly found out that none were in my price range as I only had 2.5 mil. Considering that there were only 2 pages of cloaks after narrowing the search to >60 res all with a buy out of <2.5 mil, I decided to just check them all out. On the second page I came across this beauty of a Cloak for 1.2 mil buyout. Now, before I give you the stats on the cloak let me state that I run a dual wield Strafe build with 2.45 attacks per second so hatred is an issue. ;-)

398 Armor

90 Dex
63 Res All
11% Life
Increases Hatred Regeneration by 0.97 per second
Increases Critical Hit Chance of Strafe by 7%

I just couldn't believe my good fortune.

You must have hit B/O about 3 seconds before me, congrats.
Reply Quote
^Incredible, just incredible.

May the next cloak be yours.
Reply Quote
Congratulations on your good fortune.
Reply Quote
Just ran an XP/hour test with my new gear. I'm at 51.4 mil xp per hour, up from 41 mil.
Reply Quote
Grats! I hope to one day find something worth a damn (I think my highest is 20m >.<).
Reply Quote
It's perfectly fine, at lunch picked up one almost identical to current with +11% life +%8 strafe and +380 to Armor. So I'm really digging that. I'm working to getting like 350-400 AR, 5000 armor, 60,000 life. It's gonna be tough to do, but it's doable.

I really like Strafe: Stinging Steel especially with 60.5 CC and 496 CD (68.5 with +8% to Strafe). 244k dps with Archery, Steady Aim and Nightstalker. Just completely unsure if this is faster than my 292k dps setup using Multishot: FB.

The Nightstalker pretty much auto refills the Discipline pool so I can Prep: Punishment (hatred restore) It's really close to perma-strafe like 2 seconds off. Thinking of using Shadow Power: Night Bane (+3 Hatred Per Second) and going back to Prep: Focused Mind. Problem I think is you have to stop channeling Strafe to activate Night Bane so that may not work.

I know swapping Vengeance with SA would do the trick, but there's a slight problem with obtaining pickup radius without sacrificing huge DPS for me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]