Diablo® III

My Duel Wield DH.....Whats my next upgrade?

I have about 130 million to spend. My goal is to blow through act 3 farming runs like a boss hopefully at mp3 or 4. Please advise.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mataleon-1474/hero/4176983
Reply Quote
You could upgrade a lot of things tbh..
Reply Quote
Id probably start at the second ring with dex and ias for one with average damage, crit, crit damage, and dex or all resist. But its all up to you. Also the Natalyas Embrace you got is pretty weak and by itself with no other piece for the 7 crit chance bonus its kind of a head scratcher. Either pair it up with boots or ring from the set or dump it all together.
Reply Quote
Helm, get a Nat's reflection for the bonus crit, get a Spite with a socket. I'm dual wielding too, you can look at my gear for an idea on what your next upgrades can be. Also get Inna's pants and belt. Try to get AR on the belt, the holy dmg boost will do wonders for your dps while dual wielding.
Reply Quote
If ur going to dw, do it right. Start by getting weps each with a socket and base crit. If you can't do that then you're better off saving up for a calamity with socket. I bet you could get an 1150 calamity with socket and 20 ias dml for under 200m gold
Edited by Monsta#1979 on 12/5/2012 10:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
Get a 950. Dps spite with socket around 10 m
A 1000 dps calamity with sicket around 20 m
2 *90% Ererald for 13m
Inna belt with 60up res 30m
litany of undanted ring with 40average damage 10m
Rare ring with average damge 60 all res, dex and cc 500k to 5m
Nat boot wirh200 dex 20m

Any gold left goes to inna pant with as much sum of dex+vit as u can afford.
Edited by Bonta#1988 on 12/5/2012 11:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
thank you for the responses, I'm kind of new to this game and appreciate the help.

I just got a nats ring and that upped my dps almost 10k....some guy just gave me one.

I'm thinking I'm going to get the best helm I can then look at the pants and belt.

I'm kinda scared to blow all my money on 2 new socket bows....as a new player on a budget should I give up on the DW? I really want to farm effectively and if it means going to a manticore i guess i would.

i really like the dual wield though...

this !@#$ing game
Edited by Mataleon#1474 on 12/6/2012 12:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just do what u like
Dw is viable but at somept u should priceed to clamity + dml

Manticore is for pure damage.but if u want a more stable and stress free style...dw is the way to go
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 06:38 PMPosted by DeLaRiva
I have about 130 million to spend. My goal is to blow through act 3 farming runs like a boss hopefully at mp3 or 4. Please advise.

you're too far away from farming MP3-4, best to stick with MP1 for farming.

(for reference I have 200k dps and MP0 or 1 is still best for xp/items)

to answer your question, I'd start with an innas belt/pants combo

o/
Reply Quote
I have some items could probably upgrade u. Rings/helms/shoulders/bracers. Add me in game if u want to check em out or need help.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 05:34 AMPosted by Veritech
you're too far away from farming MP3-4, best to stick with MP1 for farming.

yea man after some more research and watching some streams of good players i realized that was pretty stupid of me to say. i having seen many people farming above mp0 or mp1.

im looking at the pants/belt combos right now. what do you guys think of me skipping the weapons and using all the money to upgrade my pants, belt, helm and boots? Im starting to rethink the dual wield and not sure if i wanna sink my money if im gonna change up later:/
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 02:07 PMPosted by imprttysaucy
I have some items could probably upgrade u. Rings/helms/shoulders/bracers. Add me in game if u want to check em out or need help.

if this offer still stands i'm definitely interested.

yesterday a random person gave me a nats ring....can't believe how helpful this community can be.
Reply Quote
After spent a few month with my DW, I can say if you want to boost your DPS, your jewelry must have Average Damage, and pls be noted that should be (xxx - xxx) damage, not + min/max damage.
Edited by Paksonghip#1355 on 12/6/2012 7:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey, i made a lot of changes, mostly what people recommended, id be stoked if you guys can take another look. i spent about 115 mil on the helm, pants, belt, ring and both bows. the gems i already had and couldnt get better ones. kinda wish i would have invested in better gems instead of buying a piece of gear.

i think i invested to much money into the wrong pieces but whatev. i went from 80k damage to 158k or so. much smoother farming mp0 but i still feel like im lacking or im using the wrong skills not sure.

thanks again for the help build much much more effective and im loving the move speed.
Reply Quote
Hey, i made a lot of changes, mostly what people recommended, id be stoked if you guys can take another look. i spent about 115 mil on the helm, pants, belt, ring and both bows. the gems i already had and couldnt get better ones. kinda wish i would have invested in better gems instead of buying a piece of gear.

i think i invested to much money into the wrong pieces but whatev. i went from 80k damage to 158k or so. much smoother farming mp0 but i still feel like im lacking or im using the wrong skills not sure.

thanks again for the help build much much more effective and im loving the move speed.

If you are farming mp0-1, your build is alright, but muitishot is a better choice than ball lighing imo, but it is up to personal preference.

If you intent to farm higher mp:

I am seeing you using HA and ball lighting as your attack, tbh i think they are optimal oh 2h crossbow or bow but not for dw, you are wasting too much hatre with dw. I would recommend changing to bola shot ( lighting ball) + spike trap build as i found it is the most efficient build for dw so far.

I would also recommend you change your helm to mempo of twilight seeing you are lacking hp, you can also change your nat ring, i think a a rare ring with cri chanc, some dex and high average damage will out perform your nat ring even with the 130 dex bonus.

lastly, if you dw at higher mp, you really cant crush the enemy before they get close to you, the benefit from steady aim is minimal; it is even more true if you encountering elite (it is when you want to be most optimal) drop that for perfectionism to buy more breathing time. You will also need to change tactical advantage to night stalker for discipline regeneration.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]