Diablo® III

Suspicious Gameplay

Hello,

First I would like to state for the record this is only a theory. I do realize RNG play's a large roll in finding legendary's but I have a suspicion that we're being lied to.

Why is it at 400+MF I find 10-14 Leg's a day for days at a time then the next day I find 3.

Not to mention partying up with people seems to also affect my drops which leads me to believe one of three things.

1. Blizzard's lying through their teeth and drops are capped.
2. MF is broken and is still shared throughout the party.
3. RNG is not true RNG, but carefully and sneakily guided RNG.

If you don't believe me I don't care, if your here to be a fanboy, I don't care.

The proof lie's in the fact that my friend at 200MF found 4 legendary's in one run and myself at 400+ found none. If that's not bad enough he continued to find 2+ per run and 0 for me. This went on for at least 4-5 hour's of continuous play.

Blizzard I want a real, honest response. Because something smells...it's beyond simple randomness.
Edited by Rii#1628 on 12/4/2012 7:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
its true certain legendaries have a MUCH MUCH lower droprate than others no matter your MF

leorics signet is a perfect example
Reply Quote
Nothing you've typed up counters the fact that it is still, essentially, random.

You just happen to be having a bad luck streak.

Blizzard isn't out to get you, there aren't aliens controlling your droprate in an online game, nothing. You simply have bad luck, though you are geared towards better luck, but had bad luck nonetheless.

QQ, etc.
Reply Quote
Blizzard could be doing more behind the scenes, sure.

But you are looking for a pattern (a consistent and predictable rate of loot) in a system that is supposed to be random.

If it was consistent and predictable, then it would not be random.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 07:34 PMPosted by rii
The proof lie's in the fact that my friend at 200MF found 4 legendary's in one run and myself at 400+ found none. If that's not bad enough he continued to find 2+ per run and 0 for me. This went on for at least 4-5 hour's of continuous play.

Sounds pretty random to me >.>
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 07:34 PMPosted by rii

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
Reply Quote
its true certain legendaries have a MUCH MUCH lower droprate than others no matter your MF

leorics signet is a perfect example

^this... 475 MF MP10 + with 40+ hours.. I got a few crap drop but no sign of signet. Even with 5nv and all that etc I never really see it rain with crappy legendaries still. There is no way someone will have higher MF than I do in this situation....so only one explaination:
rng ..... is rng + my luck is crap
Reply Quote
I think that Blizzard really do think that everything is RNG and therefore cant be bothered to actually check and find the problem with the formulas that are making it not so.

I would not call this proof however...
Reply Quote
I don't trust Blizzard anymore. Seems like they constantly adjust and change the rate...
Reply Quote
i think its definitely controlled RNG especially if there is an economy behind the whole thing. i dont think the dev team would leave item drops to RNg if is there is an economy behind it.

magic find probably determines the quality of your drops though. but with so many players playing the game they definitely have to control the amount of legendaries 'types' that drop. for example x amount of immortal king chest pieces drop in a day so on. i mean they can just double the drop rate so im sure they have some say in supply. i think they can even determine what affixes roll more often as well.

after 1.03 or 1.04 a lot of ppl were complaining about molten/fire/arcane. that point i realise a lot of armor items rolling all resist. even sold a glove with high all resist for 6 mil. that stuff doesnt sell anymore. now im seeing a lot of crit hit and damage rolling. sold an amulet for 30 mil with those stats. Why? hmm...maybe monster power. monsters now have more health with higher MP so thats what is needed for higher MP. So now that is easier to roll, to counter it a lot of monsters are coming with reflect damage affix, which people are complaining about now. just a theory anyway.
Reply Quote
Thank you UrbanMonkey, that's what I believe as well.

Controlled RNG, meaning it's still random with a few "set affixes".

By the way this was not meant to be a QQ thread, I had fun with a friend during those hours and it was totally worth it.

My problem lie's with the obvious control of drops, it's being manipulated and that's just wrong.

All players should care about this, because we all value time. And if I know gamer's, they don't like it when someone is pulling strings behind closed doors. Especially the hardcore gamer's that do devote a lot of time to the game.

I love D3, have loved it from the start and still continue to love it. I don't love bull!@#$.

If the system is truly random why do so many people notice the same thing?

Is it that hard to believe that a company would set limits to item drops to prevent the economy that feeds them money from turning upside down? It's not far-fetched.

Just my 2cents.
Edited by Rii#1628 on 12/4/2012 8:48 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]