Diablo® III

Barbarian Guide, HowTo Use/Gear Your Follower

Hello, Fellow Barbarians After Doing Some Experimenting and Research Ive Decided to Give You Some Insight On What Followers To Use With Your Barbarian and Why, Also How To Properly Gear Them.

If anyone has any information or details in which to better make these followers more effective please do so by sharing it in this thread.

Much appreciation goes out to UberJager and everyone else who has shared with me information and insight to better help make this guide.

First off I have tried and tried to find a effective way to get the followers to deal tons of Dps and good Survivability. I was able to get them able to 2 shot some elites in lower Mps 1-2 and do some decent Dps in 3-4 but fall short above that. I think where followers shine the most is using them for support.

Followers are best at backing you up in a fight. Thier crowd control abilities are amazing. The best way to use them is have them stunning and freezing and just bringing havoc on the enemies.

The 2 followers I will be discussing are the Scoundrel and the Enchantress.

---------The Enchantress----------

The most effective way To use the enchantress is having her Charm an enemy to fight for you for 4 seconds, Buff your armor by 5% and slowing attackers by 30% for 3 seconds, conjuring a pool of energy that allows you to deal 15% damage to enemies for 3 seconds and last but not least Increases your attack speed by 3% while she is with you.

----------Skills To Take----------

[Charm]
Charms an enemy to fight for you for 4 seconds
Cooldown: 25 seconds

[Powered Armor]
Buffs you and the Enchantress, increasing Armor by 5% and slowing attackers by 30% for 3 seconds.

[Erosion]
Conjures a pool of energy that deals 250% weapon damage as Arcane over 5 seconds. Affected enemies take an extra 15% damage from all attacks for 3 seconds.
Cooldown: 15 seconds

[Focused Mind]
A 40 yard aura that increases attack speed for you and the Enchantress by 3%.

-----Gearing the Enchantress-----

Weapon: Azurath
Focus on getting the highest Chance to freeze and Attack speed you can find.
Chance to freeze max is 15%
Attack speed max is 21%

Amulet: The Star of Azkarnath
Highest Chance to Freeze you can find. Max is 5%
Also Vitality and Attack speed if you can get it.

Follower Special: Vitality, Loh, Life Regen, All resist

Rings: Vitality, Attack speed, Loh, Life regen, All resist

The Enchantress is great at single targets she shoots very quickly and can freeze an enemy for long periods of time.

----------The Scoundrel----------

The Scoundrel can cripple enemies slowing targets by 60% for 3 seconds, blind enemies in front of him for 3 seconds, has great Aoe can shoot 3 arrows per shot, and he will increase your critical hit chance by 3%.

----------Skills To Take----------

[Crippling Shot]
Ranged attack that slows the target by 60% for 3 seconds.
Cooldown: 6 seconds

[Dirty Fighting]
Blinds enemies in front of the Scoundrel for 3 seconds.
Cooldown: 30 seconds

[Multishot]
The Scoundrel's ranged attacks fire 3 bolts at a time.

[Anatomy]
Increases Critical Hit Chance by 3% for you and the Scoundrel.

-----Gearing the Scoundrel-----

Weapon: Buriza-Do Kyanon
You want one with the highest Chance to freeze, attack speed and chance to pierce. Also a socket is nice to add some Loh.
Max Chance to Freeze is 15%
Max Attack Speed is 4%

Amulet: The Star of Azkarnath
Highest Chance to Freeze you can find. Max is 5%
Also Vitality and Attack speed if you can get it.

Follower Special: Vitality, Loh, Life Regen, All Resist.

Rings: Vitality, Attack speed, Loh, Life Regen, All Resist

The Scoundrel is great at Freezing, Stunning and slowing enemies, and the projectile Pierce from the Buriza gives him great Aoe ability and can hit larger groups of enemies.

Both Followers have great benefits for helping you in the game. If your playing the WW spec and needing that 3% Attack speed to reach your next Tornado breakpoint then the Enchantress maybe best for you. Also the 5% Armor is nice.
If your needing some extra Crit chance the Scoundrel can increase your crit chance by 3%, Also he does well vs big groups of enemies.
Reply Quote
Fair assessment, but you might want to dip into the gearing costs as well, since it might be a bit of a shock for some to find out the cost of some of those gears.
Reply Quote
Yeah but just like anything else, You should just drop the stats down until you find somthing you can afford. The stats on rings and follower special I forgot to mention its in order from what to focus over the next stat. Also attack speed on the amulet is extremely difficult to find Ive been looking for one myself but I just wanted to put it out there as somthing to try to get if you can find it.

I think I spent 8-10 mill each on both of my amulets for my followers they are 4.5 and 5% freeze, the azurewrath was about 3 mill and the buriza cost me 20 mill. Everything else I got pretty cheap on my own followers. But I imagine prices are going to start riseing once people realize what to search for thier followers. Its been a week or so since Ive got my gear for them.

I geared a few friends followers today spent about 3-5mill for all of thier items which isnt much, you can get rings like I mentioned with Low attack speed and Vitality, Loh for just a few thousand gold. Also I believe the amulets you can get properties like chance to immobilize on hit and stun for alot cheaper it wont stack with your weapons but if thats what you can afford. Also you can just get the same stats on the amulet as you did for the rings if you can't afford the star of azkarnath.

8-10% freeze on buriza or azurath is fine to use and still works well and is super cheap less than 1 mill.
Edited by DBoy187#1339 on 12/4/2012 9:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Found this quite useful ty.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]