Diablo® III

dying in hc cos BUG? ><

RIP man!
Happened to me before on Diablo I was stuck from that cage bug. I was caged as he went into phase 2.. I was caged throughout the fight til I got aggro and SV procc.. somehow I was able to run away after that. I almost died about 20mins ago I dced during SB fight.. that got hairy, thank god for pets..

oo doh, i might have survived then IF i didnt dc.. (shifty bnet)
oh well too late now qq

12/05/2012 02:21 AMPosted by Ryhza
sorry to hear but none of your gear has all res.... might be big part reason u died 77k hp will melt fast without decent all res

yer i know ar will always help but my ehp was more than high enough for one mp0 act 2 elite. i ONLY died thanks to bnet bug.

anyway, its too late and i guess ill just look at the positive side.
1. at least i killed diablo hardcore on my first try.
2. wont waste anymore time on stupid hardcore, risk is way too high even just with lag/dc but also with bugs? you can lose everything at any time..
3. wasted ~60hrs, ~100mil but i would have wasted heaps more if i stayed for long.. cos i'd eventually get killed by stupid lag/dc/bug etc.

i could try to rollback IF i really wanted to but cbf.. f that.
Edited by aw3s0m0#1140 on 12/5/2012 12:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
i had another shify event on hc yesterday.. normally i used to get dc often thanks to my net but lately its been working fine. but i got lag followed by dc yesterday, luckily i didnt die cos it happened just after i killed the elite.

but the shifty part is that my 2nd acc didnt dc at all, normally both acc dc if when the net plays up..

If you leave the game idle for too long it automatically DCs. I never DC when I'm playing, but I always do if I have the game minimized for a while. That's probably what happened while you were checking responses on the forums.

RIP and good luck next time.
Edited by Sunshine#1222 on 12/5/2012 5:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
To add to Sunshine's comment, you can only leave your active game paused for about 25-30 minutes before it kicks you out. It's likely you would have died anyway, but just for future reference after you re-roll.
Edited by Michaelmills#1798 on 12/5/2012 5:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
my para lvl10 wd is about to die, pressed esc but hes down to ~10-15% hp atm.. :(
im doing mp0 act 2 inferno, path to oasis n got rare Fallen Shaman with jail, moltan n arcane sentry.

normally he wouldnt be ANY problem to my char, ~73k dps, ~400k ehp(~77k hp, ~3400armor, ~260ar) but i've been stuck(?) on same spot for last ~30secs, couldnt move at all. and it wasn't due to jail cos jail doesnt last that long. pressed escape few times to pause n tried to move and but no luck. tried spirit walk ofc but still couldnt move.. wtf???

Interesting. I died last night to something that sounds very similar to this. Was cruising through Fields when all of a sudden my character wouldn't move. Would click and seemed like a mini rubberband every time. Called for help from team and hung in there for 20 seconds or so but eventually a pile of about 10 tree poison plants proved too much to handle. Never dced. Assumed it was my isp but if other people had something similar happen I guess it's possible that it was on Blizzards side. Anyone else have something similar happen?

Regardless, Rip Sheeva pl4. Future hc rerolls will avenge this travesty.
Reply Quote
I don't know if that's a bug. It sounds like a problem with your internet connection failing to send packets but still receiving them. I would check into replacing your cable / dsl modem and if it continues, open a ticket with your ISP.

This is obviously just a wild guess, but an educated wild guess - a similar thing happens to me in TF2 when my wife is uploading tons of stuff for her class. I can see things moving around me but can't do ANYTHING.

RIP =/
Edited by yellow5us#1781 on 12/5/2012 7:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
while i was reading the replies(thanks all for trying to help btw) i got dc somehow and my wd is dead.

~60hours n ~100mil wasted thanks to stupid bnet..

maybe i could have survived using spirit vessle(didnt realise it cos i actually never had chance to use it, n this is my first wd) but i probably still couldnt haved moved.

few people told me they also get similar bug(got stuck n couldnt move) b4 but this is first time i got this, very bad timing i guess. :(

SV can move through anything. If you just would have let your life drop to 0 you would have lived.

RIP bro. Die and learn, that's the HC way.
Reply Quote
You're the hero I noticed the other day that didn't have All Res listed in top 5 Gear Bonuses on your profile. You armor also seems fairly low also, so your overall eHP feels a bit lacking. You have good dmg, but I'm not quite sure how well your hero felt on the survival side of things. I just know your gearing style wouldn't be what I'd aim for.

Sorry for the lost, but obviously you're not made for HC.
Reply Quote

This.

Youve made some mistakes and have a chance to learn from them. This was your first WD and you admitted you forgot about SV, one of your best HC survival skills. Take a break and reroll, you will do better next time. Either that, or go back to SC.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I think someone needs to write a tutorial for those new witch doctors who haven't ever gotten an opportunity to proc spirit vessel. What does it mean "If you take more than 50% damage in the real realm"?

I think its also a good idea (after level 30 asap) to go and try to die and see what you can do to get out of a rough spot and how to spirit walk out of it and try to live. This is one of the signature skills for a HC witch doctor, if you dunno how to use it correctly, you are probably gimping your class.
Reply Quote
hehe thanks for the comments guys... but my wd wont rest in piece.. he will be cursing bnet from hell until the end of time :D
fu bnet!

12/05/2012 04:22 AMPosted by Sunshine
If you leave the game idle for too long it automatically DCs. I never DC when I'm playing, but I always do if I have the game minimized for a while. That's probably what happened while you were checking responses on the forums.

12/05/2012 07:33 AMPosted by yellow5us
I don't know if that's a bug. It sounds like a problem with your internet connection failing to send packets but still receiving them. I would check into replacing your cable / dsl modem and if it continues, open a ticket with your ISP.

i dont think so cos i never got this stuck bug b4 and i wasnt lagging at all, my ping was green the whole time, n i've played d3 more than enough. n i didnt have the game paused for that long, i think it was ~10mins.

12/05/2012 06:34 AMPosted by rumbler
Interesting. I died last night to something that sounds very similar to this. Was cruising through Fields when all of a sudden my character wouldn't move. Would click and seemed like a mini rubberband every time.

shifty bnet. sorry to hear bout ur death :( were u lagging at all?
Edited by aw3s0m0#1140 on 12/5/2012 12:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
You're the hero I noticed the other day that didn't have All Res listed in top 5 Gear Bonuses on your profile. You armor also seems fairly low also, so your overall eHP feels a bit lacking. You have good dmg, but I'm not quite sure how well your hero felt on the survival side of things. I just know your gearing style wouldn't be what I'd aim for.

This.

Youve made some mistakes and have a chance to learn from them. This was your first WD and you admitted you forgot about SV, one of your best HC survival skills. Take a break and reroll, you will do better next time. Either that, or go back to SC.

??? u gotta be kidding me? u guys are trying to tell me it was my fault? lol?

my wd had ~400k ehp, how much ehp do u expect me to have for freaking mp0 act 2?
i only died thanks to retarded bnet bug, i would have EASILY survived by just attacking the elite from the start IF i knew i was gonna be stuck.. but unfortunately im not a psychic so i was trying to just move for first 20-30secs thinking "WTF??!?!?" the elite only casted the moltan on me maybe ~10-15secs after i got stuck.. but i panicked n used hp potion when i was ~90% hp :(

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/aw3s0m0-1140/Brook/28801499
(upgraded gloves/shoulders/chest for more dps/armor/ehp just b4 i got killed by bug but hasnt been updated on my profile yet)

anyway i totally disagree with ya, cos imo it was 1000% bnet fault since i would have easily killed that elite without losing more than 20-30% of my hp n cleared the whole oasis IF it wasn't for the fked up bug.. ><

good luck to everyone doing hardcore, i hope you dont die by lag or dc or bug.
cos trust me that will piss you off big time since its not your fault at all, but you still lose everything.

im definitely done with hc after getting killed by bug followed by dc. ><
its your loss bnet cos i was maybe thinking of buying 1bil from rmah to exchange for hc gold to make a mad hc farming char. that would have been really stupid cos i'll get killed thanks to lag/dc/bug soon or later pfft
Edited by aw3s0m0#1140 on 12/5/2012 12:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
??? u gotta be kidding me? u guys are trying to tell me it was my fault? lol
my wd had ~400k ehp, how much ehp do u expect me to have for freaking mp0 act 2?
i only died thanks to retarded bnet bug, i would have EASILY survived by just attacking the elite from the start IF i knew i was gonna be stuck thanks to bug.. but unfortunately im not a psychic so i was trying to just move for first 20-30secs thinking "WTF??!?!?"
the elite only casted the moltan on me maybe ~10-15secs after i got stuck.. but i panicked n used hp potion when i was ~90% hp :(

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/aw3s0m0-1140/Brook/28801499
(upgraded gloves, shoulders, chest for more dps, armor, ehp just b4 i got killed by bug but hasnt been updated yet)

anyway i totally disagree with ya, cos imo it was 1000% bnet fault since i would have easily killed that elite without losing more than 20-30% of my hp n cleared the whole oasis IF it wasn't for the fked up bug.. ><

Never did I mention it was your fault, and I simply gave my opinion on your gear choice that might help you down the road. :)

These type of posts are the reasons you're not made for hardcore. DC are apart of HC whether you like or not, everyone is at risk. But instead of just accepting and re-rolling, you decided to make a rant thread on the forums and expect everyone to rub your e-peen. I'm assuming an unfair legit death would of caused the same type of response from you. If you really want to quit, just quit and stop looking for attention on the forums.

HC heroes are made to die, yes it sucks they sometime go to DC, but if you don't like HC, just stay in SC. You can always play an SC hero till you die legit then delete willingly, this will fix your bugged death problem.
Reply Quote
Never did I mention it was your fault, and I simply gave my opinion on your gear choice that might help you down the road. :)

These type of posts are the reasons you're not made for hardcore. DC are apart of HC whether you like or not, everyone is at risk. But instead of just accepting and re-rolling, you decided to make a rant thread on the forums and expect everyone to rub your e-peen. I'm assuming an unfair legit death would of caused the same type of response from you. If you really want to quit, just quit and stop looking for attention on the forums.

HC heroes are made to die, yes it sucks they sometime go to DC, but if you don't like HC, just stay in SC. You can always play an SC hero till you die legit then delete willingly, this will fix your bugged death problem.

no but you clearly implied that my ehp was low n that contributed to my death.
and thats why i repied, how much ehp do u expect for mp0 act 2, cos i had more than enough ehp but only died thanks to bs bug followed by dc.
Edited by aw3s0m0#1140 on 12/5/2012 12:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
not hardcore material, I suggest writing a "semi" hardcore thread to gain favor of the hardcore community.
Reply Quote
lol if the hardcore material = putting up with bs lag/dc/bug death, then i'm proud that im not a hc material :D
Reply Quote

no but you clearly implied that my ehp was low n that contributed to my death.
and thats why i repied, how much ehp do u expect for mp0 act 2, cos i had more than enough ehp but only died thanks to bs bug followed by dc.

While I still think you eHP is low, you assumed I said this was the reason of your death. My comment was made towards your eHP and not the reason of death. Maybe that wasn't clear in my initial post. Living through a bug/DC is hard regardless of the eHP you run with though.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Evermind
While I still think you eHP is low, you assumed I said this was the reason of your death. My comment was made towards your eHP and not the reason of death. Maybe that wasn't clear in my initial post. Living through a bug/DC is hard regardless of the eHP you run with though.

well my ehp certainly wasn't the cause for the death.
i only spent ~25-30mil hc gold for all my gear including 7 star gems n thats why i said i lost ~100mil(sc gold).

i dont know how much u spent but i definitely wouldn't wanna go for your setup since ur hc wd has two major disadvantage over my dead wd.
- kill things much slower(takes more than double the time) i thought my 70k dps wd killed things super slow compared to my sc wiz but wow less than 30k dps? lol
- low dps and slow killing also means you are taking more damage since enemy will stay alive for much longer, therefore inflicting more damage oc. maybe u wont understand this concept since ur sc char has less dps than my wd doh

you might think ur wd has higher survivibilty due to ~70% higher ehp but you are wrong since my dps is ~210% higher than you. not to mention it takes you around double the time to gain same exp, rare drops..
Edited by aw3s0m0#1140 on 12/5/2012 1:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
i dont know how much u spent but i definitely wouldn't wanna go for your setup since ur hc wd has two major disadvantage over my dead wd.
- kill things much slower(takes more than double the time) i thought my 70k dps wd killed things super slow compared to my sc wiz but wow less than 30k dps? lol
- low dps and slow killing also means you are taking more damage since enemy will stay alive for much longer, therefore inflicting more damage oc. maybe u wont understand this concept since ur sc char has less dps than my wd doh

Having similar gear totals (profile not updated)

Gold Spent: ~8mil

Your points are valid, but his set-up (and therefore mine) have a few advantages.

1st) You don't die from small pecks, but from large chunks of damage. Therefore, eHP are of a greater concern since damage is not a a flat scale but a bunch of spikes. Therefore, a higher eHP pool is more important than a higher DPS since you --can-- be knocked out in a quick bad combo, death is never slow, most of us are proficient enough to not die to whites pecking at us.

2nd) You have a critical mistake on your character, you have 0 LoH, 69 regen, and 0 LS (excuse me if I am wrong, but I glanced quickly and this is what I saw) that was your fatal error. Running those stats, just looking at those stats, you were destined to die once you began pushing the content to where your other stats would have allowed.

Preemptive "your gear sucks": all earned in HC since day 2 of game launch, don't care if I have worse gear, but see point #2, that was your FATAL error and would have ended your character eventually

Edit: You spent that much gold and had that little AR... you didn't study at all on this did you....
Edited by Lykotic#1869 on 12/5/2012 1:28 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]