Diablo® III

dying in hc cos BUG? ><

I might be late to the thread, but I think maybe you could save your HC player if you solo even in a situation like that. When you leave the game paused, it will eventually disconnect you from game. I don't know if it will un-pause and leave you there or anything, but I am pretty certain you won't die. Saying this for future use, not the HC WD. I realize that it's 12hrs old.
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 12/5/2012 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
well my ehp certainly wasn't the cause of my death.
i only spent ~25-30mil hc gold for all my gear including 7 star gems n thats why i said i lost ~100mil(sc gold).

i dont know how much u spent but i definitely wouldn't wanna go for your setup since ur hc wd has two major disadvantage over my dead wd.
- kill things much slower(takes more than double the time) i thought my 70k dps wd killed things super slow compared to my sc wiz but wow less than 30k dps? lol
- low dps and slow killing also means you are taking more damage since enemy will stay alive for much longer, therefore inflicting more damage oc. maybe u wont understand this concept since ur sc char has less dps than my wd doh

you might think ur wd has higher survivibilty due to ~70% higher ehp but you are wrong since my dps is ~210% higher than you. not to mention it takes you around double the time to gain same exp, rare drops..

We obviously have differences in play style and reasons to be in HC. :)

Have fun in SC. I won't miss you.

Oh, and making fun of my SC WD, lol, I'll be the first to say he sucks and I don't care about SC one bit. I don't even know why all my SC heroes are still occupying hero slots. I can't remember the last time I logged in to play any of them, and her gear is basically me just !@#$ing around with %^-*, I bought the cheapest gear I could, and then never even played.
Reply Quote
Having similar gear totals (profile not updated)

Gold Spent: ~8mil

Your points are valid, but his set-up (and therefore mine) have a few advantages.

1st) You don't die from small pecks, but from large chunks of damage. Therefore, eHP are of a greater concern since damage is not a a flat scale but a bunch of spikes. Therefore, a higher eHP pool is more important than a higher DPS since you --can-- be knocked out in a quick bad combo, death is never slow, most of us are proficient enough to not die to whites pecking at us.

2nd) You have a critical mistake on your character, you have 0 LoH, 69 regen, and 0 LS (excuse me if I am wrong, but I glanced quickly and this is what I saw) that was your fatal error. Running those stats, just looking at those stats, you were destined to die once you began pushing the content to where your other stats would have allowed.

3rd) Preemptive "your gear sucks" all earned in HC since day 2 of game launch, don't care if I have worse gear, but see point #2, that was your FATAL error and would have ended your character eventually

Edit: You spent that much gold and had that little AR... you didn't study at all on this did you....

umm but i had ls weapon?

anyway i used to be in top10 in heroscore/dps(i think highest i got was no5) out of all the wiz in us server, but sold my sword for $2.8bil while ago n downgraded heaps to save another ~2bil since i didnt really need 400k ehp with my dps...

n u r trying to give me advice on gear? lol
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 01:30 PMPosted by aw3s0m0
umm but i had ls weapon?

I completely missed that as I was scanning it, my apologies.... thats right that is a static attribute to that weapon.

2.7% LS still seems low @ 70k DPS, but I digress I have not played with LS enough, so I just know what I have heard on the WD forums, nothing from first hand experience.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 01:30 PMPosted by aw3s0m0
n u r trying to give me advice on gear? lol

You have virtually 0 AR, and relying only on Lifesteal as a means to gain life back. Newsflash for you... HC and SC while the same game have a different value on gear. Listen man, all I am trying to do is help. Your character IS geared in a careless manner for HC (but I am guessing correct for SC).

Take it or leave it remember each mistake I made I had to "waste" time releveling back to 60 (I have only had 3 levels ever PLd for me). If I stuck to SC only I am sure I would have a balling WD... I have put in enough time to....
Reply Quote
Not pertinent to the discussion, a cheap shot... I retract...
Edited by Lykotic#1869 on 12/5/2012 1:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/qr2Cr.gif
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Lykotic
You have virtually 0 AR, and relying only on Lifesteal as a means to gain life back. Newsflash for you... HC and SC while the same game have a different value on gear. Listen man, all I am trying to do is help. Your character IS geared in a careless manner for HC (but I am guessing correct for SC).

i never asked for any advice regarding gear here cos i dont need any. lol
maybe i got offended(lol) cos some noob tried to imply i died due to my low ehp(?) when it was clearly due to bnet bug.

and you haven't even killed diablo in hc, n i didnt die due to my ehp.. so how can possibly help by giving me noob gear advice(?) when im already dead? so stop being a smartas ty.

Well... at least I carefully have thought out exactly what to do in every situation beforehand, not become so upset over something I forget basic knowledge about my character...

tbh im not offended cos I KNOW i died thanks to bug and it wasn't my fault.
well gl with ur PRO slow hc char..
i rather play sc anyday. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-gklG2-rV4
Edited by aw3s0m0#1140 on 12/5/2012 2:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 01:45 PMPosted by MattNo5ss
http://i.imgur.com/qr2Cr.gif

w/e noob, wd :)
Reply Quote
and you haven't even killed diablo in hc, n i didnt die duo to my gear.. n how can possibility help by giving me noob gear advice(?) when im already dead? so stop being a smartas ty.

when you archive a hero you lose all progression noted on the character, I killed Diablo either shortly before 1.05 or shortly after 1.05 I do not remember which... you can look it up on the diablo 3 progression site if you care to check it. bad design by Blizzard on this, but it is how it is.

gear advice, in case you decided to retry HC, and if you had better ability to recover hit points and resist damage you could potentially have been able to kill the monsters during the glitch out (you stated you could attack them, just not fast enough to kill them before they killed you.

Or look up Lykotic's Death Pool, that would also show it I suppose...
Edited by Lykotic#1869 on 12/5/2012 2:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
gl in hc with 32k dps, that must be real fun..

anyway not gonna waste more time arguing with some noobs in hc section bout gear.. so gl with ur 10k exp per min farming n i'll just go back to 1+mil exp per min in sc.
Edited by aw3s0m0#1140 on 12/5/2012 2:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
well gl in hc with 32k dps, that must be real fun.. lol

meh, I'll build up my DPS while attempting to not become too glass cannon, that is the challenge in HC. I play to relax, not to be the most efficient... neither way to play is correct, just different end goals.

the old WD had cracked 40K with similar defensive stats (I think..) but his gear was worth more. When you lose your wealth in gear not much you can do but start back with some penalty compared to where you were. All part of the life of not exchanging / buying gold.
Edited by Lykotic#1869 on 12/5/2012 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
damn man 260 resist all? sorry for your death but 400k eHP is way to low for inferno. then again it wasnt really the cause of death
Reply Quote
cant press escape if the power goes down on you for 20 seconds .. ffs its my own fault I heard thunder and shouldve known something gay like lightning would screw me over .
Reply Quote
View profile
Why did you tab out of the game for so long? It will disconnect you for idling too long, in which case your character will stand there for 10-30s while your game gets dropped.

And spirit vessel would have procced if you had stayed in the game, but you would still be unable to move with that bug. I've gotten it a few times as well in the past, but I haven't really played my WD for awhile. It was supposed to have been fixed, like the dashing strike bug, but it still happens from time to time.

Next time, just ask someone with high dps and low load time to come help you out. Invite them to your game and have them banner on you. Most dps classes can wipe it out in 2 seconds, or at least attack enough to generate health globes and top you off.

And you actually had the foresight to pause the game instead of panic too...
Reply Quote
It does suck to die due to a bug, and you have my sympathies for that (if it is any consolation, all of us have lost characters to DCs/lag/game crashes/other stuff at one point or another).

However most people who've played HC for > 1 month will regard your character's death as inevitable. 400k EHP would be considered Act 1 Inferno capable in 1.04, not even Act 2.

Even in the super nerfed difficulty of 1.05 where anyone and their grandmother can solo through all of mp0 Inferno, 400k EHP is really asking for trouble. The whole reason why so many people are raising the point about your low resistances is that with 300 AR, death is inevitable even in mp0 Act 3. You may not die in 20 runs, but it's just a matter of time before death occurs with such low resistances.
Reply Quote
I would have spirit walked and logged out right after casting. I don't know how long that lasts, but I assume at least 3 seconds. Then you got the time it takes to die and the time I believe you have after having spirit vessel to wear off. I think you could have survived.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 06:01 PMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
I would have spirit walked and logged out right after casting. I don't know how long that lasts, but I assume at least 3 seconds. Then you got the time it takes to die and the time I believe you have after having spirit vessel to wear off. I think you could have survived.

This is not a bad idea! I'll have to keep it in mind if this ever happens to me.

And 2s on normal, and if not mistaken, 3s if you run the jaunt rune.
Reply Quote
This is not a bad idea! I'll have to keep it in mind if this ever happens to me.

And 2s on normal, and if not mistaken, 3s if you run the jaunt rune.

You could do the same as a monk, which would be much more successful. Unfortunately, barbs/dh/wiz don't have that luxury, if I'm not mistaken. The best that a DH gets is Gloom and a turret, which is very good but I don't know if 50% damage taken for about 5 seconds is enough, especially if you can't swing due to logging out. Fortunately for barbs though, they can have some insane defenses. Wiz just seems screwed.
Reply Quote
I am fairly new to the HC community but the OP needs to accept he died because he was too scared to un-pause his game and disconnected as a result. To prove it, here is a blue post from the 2nd month of the the game being released with this issue (Your crying made me actually search):

"I looked little bit more into this issue, and there does appear to be an auto logout after 30 minutes of being afk while in-game."
(This has been altered in time since then. The post was in July)

Just accept what happened. Stop getting at angry for people trying to help. Nothing anyone has said was attacking you. HC has 1 thing in mind, SURVIVE. 1 life means 1 life. Who cares if you take twice as long to kill elites if you are surviving it. Alot of the current SC community going to HC don't seem to realize this. Dps only matters on bosses with enrage timers.

I died due to a rubberband back into molten/ plagued/ arcane sentry and the charging brutes in the caves in act 3. IT HAPPENS. Accept your death. Reroll a new hero and move on, and stop taking offense to people only trying to help fellow HC players. If you can't, enjoy SC. HC isn't for everyone.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]