Diablo® III

Hail fellow hardcores!

Just starting my first HC toon. Going for a tanky barb. New to all this so any tips/advice? :)

If anyone wants to hit me up in game and possibly give a helping hand you would have my un dying love forever!.

Wish me luck!

~Fox~
Reply Quote
Stacking Vit, thats pretty much all I did. Oh, and some GTFO skills. I'm up to level 59 right now.
Reply Quote
my tip is dont say toon -.-
Reply Quote
Welcome to HC Gracey!

Here are some tips:

- Keep your tears short when your HC character dies

- Stack VIT as much as you can

- Tp to town and stop playing if you feel any sort of lag

- Pause button is your friend

- Stash your leveling gear up
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 08:01 AMPosted by brenzA
my tip is dont say toon -.-

^ Bad tip.....

Here are some tips:

- Keep your tears short when your HC character dies

- Stack VIT as much as you can

- Tp to town and stop playing if you feel any sort of lag

- Pause button is your friend

- Stash your leveling gear up

^ Great tips....
Edited by TheSherm#1885 on 12/5/2012 8:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sherm...please tell me you don't say "toon"...I might have to rethink our friendship...
Reply Quote
Thanks guys, some nice tips. :)
Reply Quote
Know when to let a goblin go. Best barb tip is to NOT get furious charge or youll end up in a wall i recommend leap of your choice for escapes.
Reply Quote
Stock up on your favorite alcoholic beverage for when you lose your characters
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Lipster
Know when to let a goblin go. Best barb tip is to NOT get furious charge or youll end up in a wall i recommend leap of your choice for escapes.

Leap with iron impact until 60, then either iron impact or death from above works very well. Far and away best choice for tank barb's escape skill.

And goblins aren't so hard to get to once you have 24% MS. :)
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 08:20 AMPosted by Bryanw1995
Sherm...please tell me you don't say "toon"...I might have to rethink our friendship...

:*(
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 12:13 PMPosted by TheSherm

:*(

:)
Reply Quote
know that once you creat a Harcore Hero, you have in turn killed him. So go forth with nothing to lose
Reply Quote
My tip:

In SC you think: cc>cd>main stat>vitality

In HC think: Regen>all res>vitality>main stat
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 12:38 PMPosted by McQueen
Welcome to HC have fun and always remember dont get attached to your pixels :)

I would add your gear will define what level content you can take on. ..

So - when you get into hell start looking for reduced level items on the AH. They can roll all the way down to lvl 42 - That's a huge advantage. Even just a reduced ilvl weapon can make the difference between you reaching lvl 60 or not. Worst case, it'll make things much easier.
Reply Quote
Vit = Str value

Normal; Do whatever even at MP 10. It's just to easy. Around who cares armor.
Nightmare; Have to be a little more careful, but again it isn't very hard. Around 1-3k armor.
Hell; Little more careful. I suggest 200 AR when you can before act 3. Around 4-6k armor.
Inferno; I suggest 8-10k armor and 500-700 AR. Stick to act 1 if you can't afford that yet.

Use at the very least nerves of steel and superstition. I also recommend stacking life regen alongside inspiring presence. It's also safer when solo to use the double wind build. Even in groups it's safer because it's easier to get away from enemies. Alternatively, you can use Rend&Leap for survival.
Reply Quote
Of course depends on your Vit, but I think AR isn't needed that much in Hell. Not that it doesn't help, it's just that stacking about 1000+ Vit is enough. Inferno is where you have to start thinking about resists and mitigation and EHP. Of course we might have different perceptions and play styles, but about 1000 Vit is enough for Hell, with right defensive skills. Also, just progressing naturally you'll probably have enough armor. But of course, it's you who's playing, if you feel unsafe or get a lot of close calls, then start getting AR gear. Good luck and have fun!
Reply Quote
Oh, don't step in the fire in keep depths 1. Even at 650 fire res and 10k armor, it still hits like a Buick.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]