Diablo® III

Post if ur TIRED of Nerf Reflect QQ threads

I always see a nerf thread on the the front page of discussion, particularly lately it's been pertaining to reflect damage. All this "oh no reflect damage is killing me!!!!" guaranteed somebody with your class isn't getting killed by them. Instead of crying for the developers to change their game, why not learn to play and succeed the way the game is?

I'm glad they didn't have forums back when I played Mario Brothers when I was a kid. It would be "Bowser shoots fire balls that one shot me if I don't have a mushroom, please make me invincible!!!"

If you want to game to be easy, take your toon and run his !@# through MP level 1 normal difficulty. Problem solved. Please stop asking them to nerf the content all the time. Guaranteed once they nerf reflect damage all you complainers will find something else to cry and complain about. I can sit here and rant about this forever but I'll leave it at that.
Reply Quote
Yo dawg, I heard you're tired of Nerf RD threads. So I created a Nerf RD thread to talk about no more Nerf RD threads, to eliminate Nerf RD threads. Dawg.
Reply Quote
oh if mario had patches, he would be shooting fireballs with different runes like rapid fire, auto target, proximity mine etc :D
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Monoxide27
Yo dawg, I heard you're tired of Nerf RD threads. So I created a Nerf RD thread to talk about no more Nerf RD threads, to eliminate Nerf RD threads. Dawg.

You heard right homey.
Reply Quote
yeah im tired of it!!! get more DEF!!!! quit being a glass cannon.
Reply Quote
So would you say that reflect paired with health link is working as intended?
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:25 AMPosted by !@#$o
yeah im tired of it!!! get more DEF!!!! quit being a glass cannon.

Thanks %^-*o, and glad to see someone else having AR and some Life Steal in their setup.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Caremeter

I would say health link is the easiest affix to deal with, second to reflect damage if you have the right gear, so yes, working as intended.
Reply Quote
;/ meh... i dont' get why they QQ so much about it. Buy some all resist items >.<
Reply Quote
ya I don't get it .. if RD is hurting you too much then learn to do less dmg at a time. it's one of the few opportunities that we get to use some form of strategy in combat. it keeps things interesting.
Reply Quote
If they nerf RD they should bring back invulnerable minions just so we can get more QQ threads
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Anagram8

I would say health link is the easiest affix to deal with, second to reflect damage if you have the right gear, so yes, working as intended.

Do you farm mp 10? HL + Ref + Elec + Frozen/Molten/Jailer is literally a 8-10 minute fight for any class right now. There are a couple exceptions but they are gimmicks(monks), and 10b characters(CM Wizards). The problem isn't reflect by itself, the problem is when its paired with other affix combos. If im doing 300k+ dmg to a target, and I'm killing myself still its not an AR problem, it's not a effective HP problem, its a problem with the affix. I personally can't do anything as a player gear wise to combat this. Rending Health link reflect kills me, instead of healing me. I understand why you're voicing your concern about the qq, but some of it is warranted. The affix doesn't belong in D3 man, it didn't last in D2 for a reason.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:31 AMPosted by padako
ya I don't get it .. if RD is hurting you too much then learn to do less dmg at a time. it's one of the few opportunities that we get to use some form of strategy in combat. it keeps things interesting.

I'm playing an ARPG not Starcraft 2.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:36 AMPosted by Caremeter

Do you farm mp 10? HL + Ref + Elec + Frozen/Molten/Jailer is literally a 8-10 minute fight for any class right now. There are a couple exceptions but they are gimmicks(monks), and 10b characters(CM Wizards). The problem isn't reflect by itself, the problem is when its paired with other affix combos. If im doing 300k+ dmg to a target, and I'm killing myself still its not an AR problem, it's not a effective HP problem, its a problem with the affix. I personally can't do anything as a player gear wise to combat this. Rending Health link reflect kills me, instead of healing me. I understand why you're voicing your concern about the qq, but some of it is warranted. The affix doesn't belong in D3 man, it didn't last in D2 for a reason.

I'd rather there be a MP level that makes the game hard as a option then every option being faceroll. And just so I understand correctly, no barbarian can combat the problem you are having? Also, thanks for the constructive post on this and understanding concern for all the qq.
Reply Quote
Remember when melee were getting slaughtered by mortar. And monks and barbs used the forums to express their grief. And Blizzzard went in and changed it.

"Another adjustment being made is increasing both the maximum range and the dead zone of Mortar. Mortar was specifically designed to be an anti-range affix, but many ranged players would just stand even farther away, whereas melee would sometimes get caught in the cross-fire of two Mortars. Increasing the maximum range and the dead zone helps with both of these."
Reply Quote
Buff RD. Force people to skip RD packs if they can't be bothered to gear for them.
Reply Quote
get rid you your reflect dmg. " melee attacker takes xxxx dmg per hit ", you hit they reflect back than your reflect reflects back to their reflect that reflects...you get the idea.
try moving around RD an Vampire an see what happens.
Reply Quote
Remember when melee were getting slaughtered by mortar. And monks and barbs used the forums to express their grief. And Blizzzard went in and changed it.

"Another adjustment being made is increasing both the maximum range and the dead zone of Mortar. Mortar was specifically designed to be an anti-range affix, but many ranged players would just stand even farther away, whereas melee would sometimes get caught in the cross-fire of two Mortars. Increasing the maximum range and the dead zone helps with both of these."

That's different, the affix was not performing as intended. Henceforth the change.
This is why the follower/pet issue does need a fix
And the RD double hit bug needs a fix
Does not mean a nerf is appropriate.

Considering when the mortar changed happen everyone was on board and there was no one saying "your build needs to change to deal with that affix" that example does not apply here.

I agree fix the bug where it's not working as intended (double hit), but fix that only. Don't go in and hit it with a nerf bat and fix the bug at the same time, which based on blizzard's history I see happening.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]