Diablo® III

Post if ur TIRED of Nerf Reflect QQ threads

and if they are whining about RD now, wtf are they going to say when PvP comes out? nerf that too after its out cuz they are getting one shot? lol
Reply Quote
240k dps isnt 300k dps. it's close to 30% less.
He crits 38% of the time.
I run 300k dps (w/o sharpshooter) with 65% crit (buffed).
SO reflect damage is a little different for me than him.
I have only seen demonhunters really QQ about this because it forces them INTO certain passives. (nightstalker) and certain skill (gloom)
Wizards and Witchdoctors, I just started seeing their complaints so i guess dont read forums that much.
i had to switch to 8%CC strafe cloak so that when disc gets to low i can get some crits off fast (73%CC if you include my cloak) to get gloom up again.. Its pretty much, perma gloom, or you die.

oh and did i mention attack speed? i am at 3.0 attack per second.. That plays a huge role in it too. I wouldnt be able to get crits off fast enough if it wasnt fr using handxbows, again, forced into this role.

@ the creator of thread.
Edited by Herbdoctor#1106 on 12/7/2012 5:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 05:32 AMPosted by DoobieJC
and if they are whining about RD now, wtf are they going to say when PvP comes out? nerf that too after its out cuz they are getting one shot? lol

Nope. Before PvP is out, they are going to whine about vortex, waller, jailer, Plague, Molten, Mortar, Desecrator, Fire Chains, Vampiric
Reply Quote
Oh for sure, these ppl just QQ instead of playing the game as intended and changing your gear to suit the game. Damn if all video games were nerfed cuz of issues of being too hard, no one would play.
Reply Quote
RD needs to get changed. Maybe a 5 seconds buff that starts reflecting 5% damage and goes up to 50% when it ends. You have time to realize the monster has RD and stop attacking it or to attack it for a while and then stop.
Reply Quote
But I don't wanna stack Vitality, All Resists and Life Steal!!!

I wanna stack Attack Speed, Crit Chance and Crit Damage, and that's it, so that I can just smash buttons and win on the highest difficulty!
Edited by AngryRonald#1310 on 12/7/2012 6:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
people keep screaming GEAR UP or ADD LOH/LIFESTEAL
if it was actually THAT simple, why on earth would there be endless reflect QQ threads??
like do you people who think there is no problem ever think about why people keep complaining?

people don't realize there is a huge difference between melees and range classes
melees take 30% less damage and on top of it, they can go 6% lifesteal or more

witch doctors and wizards (non-freeze build) have the most problem with reflect because of how 1Hers cap at 3% lifesteal...don't even get me started with lifesteal int skorns that are extremely overpriced, and denies the offhand that is very much needed

3% is BARELY enough to cancel out reflect, so when u take damage outside of reflect, your health starts plummeting

next part is gearing....do you dumbasses know how expensive gear gets for a range class to mitigate reflect while maintaining damage?
oh so range classes need to gear up for 30% more defenses, WHILE STILL only HALF the lifesteal a melee class can get?

please tell me how reflect is not broken once you play a wiz/WD....
DHs have gloom and they shouldn't have any problems with reflect anyways

I know that there are some players that can deal with it. But what they do not consider is that RD pigeonholes you into gearing a spec'ing into a playstyle that is not fun for you. That limits build diversity.

Also they do not see the fact that RD has to change due to the fact that you have two things that require it to change. One, lowering of some of our defensive skills (shadow power/gloom). Two, MP settings that make for longer fights so we have to do more dps in order to beat them. Finally add in the fact that RD damage output has not changed.
Reply Quote
RD Should Stay as it is. Nerf RD . Game Wont be challenging at all. :) Those who whines alot are all noobs to handle RD.. Look at their profile. Those who have good gears but still whine are more noobs coz they build an expensive equipments without knowing how to handle RD..

Goodluck Young Minds :)
Reply Quote
But I don't wanna stack Vitality, All Resists and Life Steal!!!

I wanna stack Attack Speed, Crit Chance and Crit Damage, and that's it, so that I can just smash buttons and win on the highest difficulty!

Go be a glass cannon then, and RD will own u. hahaha
Reply Quote
I can do reflect fine, I do not mind the affix, but there are some balancing and fixes it needs.

1. As a WD, it is dumb that pets hitting hurts me. Kill my pets if they are the ones doing the damage.

2. Certain yellows for some reason do an astronomical reflect. Not sure if this is tied in with the double hits, but when I crit 700k-1m per bear many times on a yellow and take the reflect fine, and then some of my non crit hits suddenly 1 shot me when it is a lot less damage? I have also noticed that certain attack spells when used simultaneously can create a massive reflect spike, even when the damage is not that high.

I used to run 1k-1.2k res with buffs, 55-60k life and 4k+ armor, and some of the odd spikes could still occasionally get me. I dropped to 32k life, 3.5k armor and 900-1k res all and I still do alright, but the speed is much more enjoyable, I just have to avoid ZB when elites are packed. I figured if I was getting 1 shot with def and armor then its dumb not moving at the faster speed anyway.

****I do agree with many though that it does to a certain degree force only certain builds and gear sets in some classes. Easy fix would be to open up life steal to other classes. A WD is almost forced to use a 2 hander that would cost ridiculous amounts for good dps and life steal. Give life steal on non-barb belts and you will see a lot less complaints. There is a reason that most complainers are usually coming from certain classes.
Reply Quote
RD Should Stay as it is. Nerf RD . Game Wont be challenging at all. :) Those who whines alot are all noobs to handle RD.. Look at their profile. Those who have good gears but still whine are more noobs coz they build an expensive equipments without knowing how to handle RD..

Goodluck Young Minds :)

Very well said. +1 Rd shouldnt be nerfed, if anything it could use a buff. too many QQ'ers and noobs out there
Reply Quote
I don't know why people QQ about RD?

If you don't want to gear your toon properly, just bring a less powerfull weapon with LoH/LS with you and swap it if you see some RD.

Instead of doing 300K DPS, you will do 75-100K but you will have no problem at all.

That's it. Easy....

sorry for my english....
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 06:09 AMPosted by RhymingDemon
Give life steal on non-barb belts and you will see a lot less complaints.

THIS.

Or at least let Dex do SOMETHING to negate some of the damage ( I had no problem against reflects damage on the PTR when i could dodge reflects damage)
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/7/2012 6:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
If I wanna be a glass cannon, why can't I? If i don't want to pay 300mil for a life steal weapon, why can't I? If don't want to use acid cloud/ rain of toads, why must I? If I only want to stack AR and life regen for defenses, why can't I? Because reflect damage says so. This is against the design philosophy.

"Inferno is intended to be extremely difficult, but with some specific skills, a few classes were simply able to progress far more easily than intended. This made the classes, which were about where they were supposed to be, seem very under-powered. It also created the perception that the classes doing well were intended to rely on specific runes in all their builds, and the other classes were just broken. This is the opposite of what’s true. If any single skill or rune feels absolutely required to progress, it means that skill is working against our goal of encouraging build diversity -- and those “required” skills need to be corrected."

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6018173/Game_Design_Update-5_28_2012#blog

With Reflect Damage in it's current state, Rain of Toads or Acid Cloud is required to compensate for reflect damage on a WD.

"This is the opposite of what’s true. If any single skill or rune feels absolutely required to progress, it means that skill is working against our goal of encouraging build diversity -- and those “required” skills need to be corrected."

" it means that skill is working against our goal of encouraging build diversity -- and those “required” skills need to be corrected."

“required” skills need to be corrected."

RD is causing many thing to be required which goes against the entire design philosophy, and it needs to be corrected.

/thread.
Edited by Eclipse#1140 on 12/7/2012 6:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
Still waiting .....

What's QQ mean?

Someone?

Anyone?
Reply Quote
go play lower mp levels then. problem solved.
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 04:47 AMPosted by lawong78
I remember i used to stuck for weeks on a level when i played some RPG game but aren't we suppose to adapt to the game not the other way round?

Yeah, sure, if this was a traditional computer RPG game where the main goal was just to finish the game, as in beat the end boss. But Diablo isn't such a game.

Diablo is a game you're supposed to 'faceroll', you're supposed to run around, doing nothing other than kill monsters, over and over again, that's the whole point. It's therefore counter intuitive that the main stat in such a game, namely damage against these monsters, makes your hero worse the more of it you get. When you find a weapon that increases your damage output, it's supposed to be a good thing, your hero is supposed to get better at killing monsters, not getting worse at it.
Reply Quote
Im tired of "I'm tired of nerf reflect QQ threads" threads.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]