Diablo® III

Post if ur TIRED of Nerf Reflect QQ threads

12/05/2012 11:12 AMPosted by AOHNH
By your logic, you are whining about people whining about whiners.

But I'm not the one starting whining threads about whining...

Now you're acting like a 5 year old.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Anagram8
Now you're acting like a 5 year old.

Ok, if showing how ironic your thread is contributes to acting like a 5 year old, then what can we call your posts? Infantile?
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Rattfink
Biggest problem with RD is pets.

And the fact that its bugged when you get health link + reflect. RD is otherwise fine (and easily defeatable) without these bugs.
Reply Quote
I am tired of people QQing about people QQing. Please stop, it is not productive in any way, if you are tired of people crying, skip those topics. If you can't handle criticism, then please stay away from the forum.
Reply Quote
I give up, dont care if bliz nerf rd or not. Wont effect my game play.
Reply Quote
RD being defeatable =/= RD is fine.
Reply Quote

I would say health link is the easiest affix to deal with, second to reflect damage if you have the right gear, so yes, working as intended.

Do you farm mp 10? HL + Ref + Elec + Frozen/Molten/Jailer is literally a 8-10 minute fight for any class right now. There are a couple exceptions but they are gimmicks(monks), and 10b characters(CM Wizards). The problem isn't reflect by itself, the problem is when its paired with other affix combos. If im doing 300k+ dmg to a target, and I'm killing myself still its not an AR problem, it's not a effective HP problem, its a problem with the affix. I personally can't do anything as a player gear wise to combat this. Rending Health link reflect kills me, instead of healing me. I understand why you're voicing your concern about the qq, but some of it is warranted. The affix doesn't belong in D3 man, it didn't last in D2 for a reason.
I farm mp10. If you're doing 300k+ to a target, and you're dying, yes your all res is the problem. You don't have enough defensive mitigation to deal with that damage you're outputting. That is a defense/all res problem. You're wrong in saying you can't do anything as a player gear wise to combat it, your choosing not to as you don't want to give up other stats for more armor and all resist.

Edit: this is all based off of your char, your lifesteal and vitality are more then enough for mp10. 400 all res with your damage, not so much.
Edited by Ben#1711 on 12/5/2012 11:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Ben
You're wrong in saying you can't do anything as a player gear wise to combat it, your choosing not to as you don't want to give up other stats for more armor and all resist.

I like this phrase the most. I keep seeing it in almost every RD thread.

"You can choose to do this, but if you don't, then you can't solve the problem".

Really? Do you guys put any thought whatsoever into such statements?
Reply Quote

Do you farm mp 10? HL + Ref + Elec + Frozen/Molten/Jailer is literally a 8-10 minute fight for any class right now. There are a couple exceptions but they are gimmicks(monks), and 10b characters(CM Wizards). The problem isn't reflect by itself, the problem is when its paired with other affix combos. If im doing 300k+ dmg to a target, and I'm killing myself still its not an AR problem, it's not a effective HP problem, its a problem with the affix. I personally can't do anything as a player gear wise to combat this. Rending Health link reflect kills me, instead of healing me. I understand why you're voicing your concern about the qq, but some of it is warranted. The affix doesn't belong in D3 man, it didn't last in D2 for a reason.
I farm mp10. If you're doing 300k+ to a target, and you're dying, yes your all res is the problem. You don't have enough defensive mitigation to deal with that damage you're outputting. That is a defense/all res problem. You're wrong in saying you can't do anything as a player gear wise to combat it, your choosing not to as you don't want to give up other stats for more armor and all resist.

Edit: this is all based off of your char, your lifesteal and vitality are more then enough for mp10. 400 all res with your damage, not so much.

Good to hear it from somebody doing mp10. I hear people saying they have issues as soon as they start mp5 with reflect damage... I do MP8 solo pretty easy (swap out gear for lower mp speed runs versus higher mp's). I know some people don't have issues with mp10, it's a gear check. I'm not to mp10 easy mode yet, but I'd like to be able to work to that point. People continuing to ask for reflect damage to be nerfed is bad in my opinion. I like that I can't roll through it yet and that I have something to work towards.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Anagram8
I know some people don't have issues with mp10, it's a gear check. I'm not to mp10 easy mode yet, but I'd like to be able to work to that point. People continuing to ask for reflect damage to be nerfed is bad in my opinion.

Ah, good, now you're starting to make sense. Using words like "gear check", and "in my opinion" - that's much better.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 12:24 PMPosted by AOHNH
I know some people don't have issues with mp10, it's a gear check. I'm not to mp10 easy mode yet, but I'd like to be able to work to that point. People continuing to ask for reflect damage to be nerfed is bad in my opinion.

Ah, good, now you're starting to make sense. Using words like "gear check", and "in my opinion" - that's much better.

It's been a rough morning at work. Not all my posts were carefully articulated. But I do think reflect damage is fine, and I do think there are a lot of people saying it is too difficult. I thought the point of the MP system is to make it to where you couldn't get through it as easily. When I hear people arguing that they can do MP 3 and 4, but then reflect damage starts killing them at mp 5+, and therefore it needs to be scaled back, to me that just doesn't seem right. I'd like the game to remain a challenge (as much as possible). I wanted to express this since there's a lot of people asking for reflect damage to be scaled back, that there are some people who'd like it to remain. Fix the double damage errors with it, but to me other then that, don't scale it back.
Reply Quote
I would disagree. To me it doesn't make any sense for RD to be gear-based. If high MP is supposed to be a challenge to overcome through gear, then why make an affix that damages you based on your own gear? That doesn't make any sense. And to make this damage unavoidable? Just a bad idea all-around.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 01:10 PMPosted by AOHNH
I would disagree. To me it doesn't make any sense for RD to be gear-based. If high MP is supposed to be a challenge to overcome through gear, then why make an affix that damages you based on your own gear? That doesn't make any sense. And to make this damage unavoidable? Just a bad idea all-around.

It's not, it's punishing you for having to much damage, while not balancing it with defensive stats, pretty self explanatory. It's easy to overcome with gear. Have a solid balance of damage, armor, all resist, lifesteal, vitality, life on hit, and life regen. Hell, I don't even have any LOH and barely any life regen. I used to do MP8 fairly easily before they nerfed it, I only had 110k dps with battle rage, around 950+ res all with warcry, and over 70k hp. Them nerfing the damage in MP, allowed me to drop some res, drop 20k hp and add 45k dps.

I agree with making the damage unavoidable is a huge punishment to DHs and monks.
Edited by Ben#1711 on 12/5/2012 3:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 12:18 PMPosted by AOHNH
You're wrong in saying you can't do anything as a player gear wise to combat it, your choosing not to as you don't want to give up other stats for more armor and all resist.

I like this phrase the most. I keep seeing it in almost every RD thread.

"You can choose to do this, but if you don't, then you can't solve the problem".

Really? Do you guys put any thought whatsoever into such statements?

That's how I overcame it. There's a multitude of ways. Changing your gear and or build. Not expecting the game to change because you rage that you can't handle an aspect of it.
Reply Quote
Build correctly and RD will not be an issue.
Reply Quote

That's different, the affix was not performing as intended. Henceforth the change.
This is why the follower/pet issue does need a fix
And the RD double hit bug needs a fix
Does not mean a nerf is appropriate.

Considering when the mortar changed happen everyone was on board and there was no one saying "your build needs to change to deal with that affix" that example does not apply here.

I agree fix the bug where it's not working as intended (double hit), but fix that only. Don't go in and hit it with a nerf bat and fix the bug at the same time, which based on blizzard's history I see happening.

Fixing it would be removing it.

Wtf kind of game wants you to kill !@#$ but punishes you for trying and punishes u x100 for being a very strong caster?

Sounds legit to me...

What affects the majority of melee? nothing..not a frigging thing any different then a caster.

desecrator does the exact same thing for both classes as it can be caster anywhere and that also goes for any other ability an elite or champ has.

The only one that may affect melee more is the lava one that follows weherever a champ/elite is standing and even then the AI on the champs/elites has them running around to surround the casters anyways. So we deal with everything you deal with without your extra defence bonuses you get and yet were supposed to be happy that we can 1-2 shot ourselves if we dont read under thier friggin name everytime we run into them.

Melee has nothing to complain about nor contribute to the reflect damage conversation...besides the majority of you are WW builds which you dont even stand there to attack anyways you zip around spinning at 900mph.
Just shuit up, caster have a reasonable arguement for reflect damage.

And no 5% ls+ or 1600 loh should not be a requirement. This is a game thats supposed to be built on build diversity not punish players for not wanting to have to have massive leech if thier hitting incredibly hard.

end rant. No wait..not done...if thier not going to change reflect then at least put a visible identification on the monsters that i can see without hovering over theim while thier running around and trying to friggin check every effin title to see if thier reflect or not before I send myself to oblivion. TY.

END RANT.
Reply Quote

I agree fix the bug where it's not working as intended (double hit), but fix that only. Don't go in and hit it with a nerf bat and fix the bug at the same time, which based on blizzard's history I see happening.

Fixing it would be removing it.

Wtf kind of game wants you to kill !@#$ but punishes you for trying and punishes u x100 for being a very strong caster?

Sounds legit to me...

What affects the majority of melee? nothing..not a frigging thing any different then a caster.

desecrator does the exact same thing for both classes as it can be caster anywhere and that also goes for any other ability an elite or champ has.

The only one that may affect melee more is the lava one that follows weherever a champ/elite is standing and even then the AI on the champs/elites has them running around to surround the casters anyways. So we deal with everything you deal with without your extra defence bonuses you get and yet were supposed to be happy that we can 1-2 shot ourselves if we dont read under thier friggin name everytime we run into them.

Melee has nothing to complain about nor contribute to the reflect damage conversation...besides the majority of you are WW builds which you dont even stand there to attack anyways you zip around spinning at 900mph.
Just shuit up, caster have a reasonable arguement for reflect damage.

And no 5% ls+ or 1600 loh should not be a requirement. This is a game thats supposed to be built on build diversity not punish players for not wanting to have to have massive leech if thier hitting incredibly hard.

end rant. No wait..not done...if thier not going to change reflect then at least put a visible identification on the monsters that i can see without hovering over theim while thier running around and trying to friggin check every effin title to see if thier reflect or not before I send myself to oblivion. TY.

END RANT.

Try having more then 29k hp.

END RANT
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Vaker
Build correctly and RD will not be an issue.

Dirtbags like yhou shouldnt have an opinion...build correctly.

Build correctly based of what? what you think is correctly? what your friend does? Did you make the rules for the game? did you make the game? Is the game specifically made just for you?

Shut the front door, build correctly. How about fix a bad mechanic and let players "play" the game not punsih them for "playing"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]