Diablo® III

Post if ur TIRED of Nerf Reflect QQ threads

Fixing it would be removing it.

Wtf kind of game wants you to kill !@#$ but punishes you for trying and punishes u x100 for being a very strong caster?

Sounds legit to me...

What affects the majority of melee? nothing..not a frigging thing any different then a caster.

desecrator does the exact same thing for both classes as it can be caster anywhere and that also goes for any other ability an elite or champ has.

The only one that may affect melee more is the lava one that follows weherever a champ/elite is standing and even then the AI on the champs/elites has them running around to surround the casters anyways. So we deal with everything you deal with without your extra defence bonuses you get and yet were supposed to be happy that we can 1-2 shot ourselves if we dont read under thier friggin name everytime we run into them.

Melee has nothing to complain about nor contribute to the reflect damage conversation...besides the majority of you are WW builds which you dont even stand there to attack anyways you zip around spinning at 900mph.
Just shuit up, caster have a reasonable arguement for reflect damage.

And no 5% ls+ or 1600 loh should not be a requirement. This is a game thats supposed to be built on build diversity not punish players for not wanting to have to have massive leech if thier hitting incredibly hard.

end rant. No wait..not done...if thier not going to change reflect then at least put a visible identification on the monsters that i can see without hovering over theim while thier running around and trying to friggin check every effin title to see if thier reflect or not before I send myself to oblivion. TY.

END RANT.

Try having more then 29k hp.

END RANT

Yeah ur right cause i totally should have a massive tanker type build because I require it even though a barb or monk doesnt. Yes i do know they dont because i have both a barb and a monk and ive ran them at 30k hp.

keep trying to look smart.

Also you do realize I can survive getting hit by everything no problem except my own damage? makes sence...I need 20k more hp to survive myself not the monsters that are hitting me...check, I'll put that on my grocery list you charming little !@#$.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 03:40 PMPosted by McLadin
Build correctly and RD will not be an issue.

Dirtbags like yhou shouldnt have an opinion...build correctly.

Build correctly based of what? what you think is correctly? what your friend does? Did you make the rules for the game? did you make the game? Is the game specifically made just for you?

Shut the front door, build correctly. How about fix a bad mechanic and let players "play" the game not punsih them for "playing"

12/05/2012 03:40 PMPosted by McLadin

Build correctly based of what? what you think is correctly? what your friend does? Did you make the rules for the game? did you make the game? Is the game specifically made just for you?

Shut the front door, build correctly. How about fix a bad mechanic and let players "play" the game not punsih them for "playing"

Rage much? Building correctly depends on what you're trying to do. Obviously, with how upset you are with reflect damage, you should build so that it no longer is a hindrance to you. It's not a bad mechanic, it's one of the only mechanics left that actually makes you pay a bit of attention, instead of mind numbingly slamming your face on the keyboard and watching everything die.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Ben

Rage much? Building correctly depends on what you're trying to do. Obviously, with how upset you are with reflect damage, you should build so that it no longer is a hindrance to you. It's not a bad mechanic, it's one of the only mechanics left that actually makes you pay a bit of attention, instead of mind numbingly slamming your face on the keyboard and watching everything die.

Oy but here is where your wrong because if I build a tanker class then the game is no longer played the way I want it to be played because then it is slowed down big time cause im a beefy little caster who cant do !@#$ everywhere else in the game..but..wow..but..i'll live from reflect damage cause im not even strong enough to hurt myself.

viola cancer cured.
Reply Quote

Try having more then 29k hp.

END RANT

Yeah ur right cause i totally should have a massive tanker type build because I require it even though a barb or monk doesnt. Yes i do know they dont because i have both a barb and a monk and ive ran them at 30k hp.

Also you do realize I can survive getting hit by everything no problem except my own damage? makes sence...I need 20k more hp to survive myself not the monsters that are hitting me...check, I'll put that on my grocery list you charming little !@#$.

No you can't survive everything, you can't survive reflect damage packs. No, you don't need 20k more hp. You could add more resistance, life on hit or lifesteal, armor, vitality or life percent, or drop some damage. Or you could go to a lower MP. But instead, it's much easier to go "WAAAAAAAA THE GAMES NOT FAIR BECAUSE I CAN"T BEAT IT WITHOUT CHANGING ANYTHING THAT I'M DOING. WHY DOESN'T IT CHANGE FOR ME?"

EDIT: Is there a solid argument anyone has beside crossing their arms and proclaiming "I don't wanna, it's not fair?"

Please bring your monk and barb on mp10 with me with the same stats your WD has, they'll die easily. Like the barb on page 1 of the thread I replied to. But please talk out of your !@# some more.
Edited by Ben#1711 on 12/5/2012 3:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Posted by Vaker

Being rude like this is not a very effective way to make a point.

What I mean is that people who strive to balance their DPS and defensive stats, and increase them proportionally to one anther, do not have difficulty with this affix. This thread is full of people who have said as much.
Reply Quote
Posted by Vaker

What I mean is that people who strive to balance their DPS and defensive stats, and increase them proportionally to one anther, do not have difficulty with this affix. This thread is full of people who have said as much.

You sir are a genius! Add me, I would love to play with you.
Reply Quote

No you can't survive everything, you can't survive reflect damage packs. No, you don't need 20k more hp. You could add more resistance, life on hit or lifesteal, armor, vitality or life percent, or drop some damage. Or you could go to a lower MP. But instead, it's much easier to go "WAAAAAAAA THE GAMES NOT FAIR BECAUSE I CAN"T BEAT IT WITHOUT CHANGING ANYTHING THAT I'M DOING. WHY DOESN'T IT CHANGE FOR ME?"

EDIT: Is there a solid argument anyone has beside crossing their arms and proclaiming "I don't wanna, it's not fair?"

Why should i have to completely change my game because of 1 mechanic when you dont?

Why does it upset you so much that I want to enjoy the game like the other classes do without haveing a cheap mechanic hinder my gameplay?

I could use this exact same build (all my stats and gear switched over to a str or dex char) and have 0 problems. I choose to use a caster so I require to be punished by a bad mechanic on elites and champs?

Makes sence...you have a valid arguement. I bet you believe that too....
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Ben
That's how I overcame it. There's a multitude of ways. Changing your gear and or build. Not expecting the game to change because you rage that you can't handle an aspect of it.

Multitude of ways? Is that so? Then list them.
Reply Quote
Posted by Vaker

So im required to get the greatest gear available in the game to compete with mediocre geared characters from another class.

Or im required to slow my gameplay down a zillion notch's due to 1 mechanic on elites and champs. While the other classes dont. Hmmm im seeing a trend here, one class type being hindered due to one mechanic giving it requirements to play the game and the other classes not having that requirement and being able to play at higher levels with easier to obtain gear.

No wonder people are againts this, they dont want my class types being able to do what they do just as good if not better cause then..oh snap..then..we would all be playing on equal ground...OOOOOOOHHHHH SNAP!!

And yes it was rude, i apologize.
Edited by McLadin#1304 on 12/5/2012 3:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
That's how I overcame it. There's a multitude of ways. Changing your gear and or build. Not expecting the game to change because you rage that you can't handle an aspect of it.

Multitude of ways? Is that so? Then list them.

Changing your gear, and your build. I don't know the intricacies of very class, but if you post your profile, I can look at your gear and build and give you some tips on how to avoid it. If you post in the class forums, there's quite helpful people with 1000s of hours on each class that are excellent at build advice and help.
Edited by Ben#1711 on 12/5/2012 3:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
Does a melee ever have to keep thier mouse on an elite/champ baddy just to read the abilities it has before they attack it?

Cause im just saying, you know ..... I dont ever remember even caring when I used my monk...nope dont think it ever even crossed my mind.

Do you know how effin frustrating that is every friggin time just for !..let me say it again.. 1 friggin mechanic in the game.

Get rid of it or make it visible without haveing to play keep the cursor on the blue or yellow guy.
Reply Quote

So im required to get the greatest gear available in the game to compete with mediocre geared characters from another class.

Or im required to slow my gameplay down a zillion notch's due to 1 mechanic on elites and champs. While the other classes dont. Hmmm im seeing a trend here, one class type being hindered due to one mechanic giving it requirements to play the game and the other classes not having that requirement and being able to play at higher levels with easier to obtain gear.

No wonder people are againts this, they dont want my class types being able to do what they do just as good if not better cause then..oh snap..then..we would all be playing on equal ground...OOOOOOOHHHHH SNAP!!

Your points fails, when I play with every class, and none of them whine about it. The other classes DO have to change their gear and builds to be able to handle reflect damage, that's all this thread and threads on this subject have been saying. The only rebuttal you have, like I said, is "I don't wanna".
Reply Quote
Does a melee ever have to keep thier mouse on an elite/champ baddy just to read the abilities it has before they attack it?

Cause im just saying, you know ..... I dont ever remember even caring when I used my monk...nope dont think it ever even crossed my mind.

Do you know how effin frustrating that is every friggin time just for !..let me say it again.. 1 friggin mechanic in the game.

Get rid of it or make it visible without haveing to play keep the cursor on the blue or yellow guy.

Are you slow, honestly? Can a melee char attack when monsters are all the way across the screen? No, these are the differences between melee and ranged. Do you need some more basic things pointed out for you, like the difference between 1 handed and 2 handed weapons?
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Ben
Changing your gear, and your build. I don't know the intricacies of very class, but if you post your profile, I can look at your gear and build and give you some tips on how to avoid it. If you post in the class forums, there's quite helpful people with 1000s of hours on each class that are excellent at build advice and help.

I don't have a problem dealing with RD. I have a problem being forced into a very narrow build because of it.

I also have a problem with an affix that scales with my gear instead of the monster level I choose. And I have a problem with that damage being unavoidable.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 04:03 PMPosted by AOHNH

I don't have a problem dealing with RD. I have a problem being forced into a very narrow build because of it.

I also have a problem with an affix that scales with my gear instead of the monster level I choose. And I have a problem with that damage being unavoidable.

You change your build/gear as you get better, move up MP levels, and you aren't pigeon holed into certain builds. The game is all about farming and item progression man. That's literally what diablo games are.
Reply Quote

Your points fails, when I play with every class, and none of them whine about it. The other classes DO have to change their gear and builds to be able to handle reflect damage, that's all this thread and threads on this subject have been saying. The only rebuttal you have, like I said, is "I don't wanna".

Rolf non catser dont even get phased by reflect so no they dont and a caster still has to utilize different techniques for every other ability champs/elites have just like a melee does.

So no no thier not the same.. as i said take my gear turn it to dex or str give it to a barb or monk and they will faceroll without the reflect concerns.

I've done it. I just happen to like playing the other 99% of the game with a caster more then a melee, so why should that one mechanic ruin it for my caster?
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Ben
You change your build/gear as you get better, move up MP levels, and you aren't pigeon holed into certain builds. The game is all about farming and item progression man. That's literally what diablo games are.

I'm not? LOL, then why is it that I always see "you must do this and use this to deal with RD"? "LS and LOH is a must"! "This one skill is a must"!

If by "progression" you mean "get gear that everyone else has too", then you are correct.
Reply Quote
keep reflect please!!!! its the only interesting affix that takes thought to beat still.
Reply Quote

Are you slow, honestly? Can a melee char attack when monsters are all the way across the screen? No, these are the differences between melee and ranged. Do you need some more basic things pointed out for you, like the difference between 1 handed and 2 handed weapons?

Yes..yes infact they can lol..um do you play this game?

Not even going to read the rest of your post because of your ignorance. WW baba attack from across the screen (travel speeds massive + timed attack)
Monks attack from across the screen in various diff builds ie Tele thunder fist, how about deadly reach?

Really? you responded with that?

An effin ww barb kills things several screens away with tornado's they leave behind while they run 7 zillion miles an hour through the dungeons spinning through groups onto the next ones not even killing everything...I'm dumbfounded you actually said what you said. I wasnt angry before just having conversation but now im starting to really get pissed that i wasted a good conversation.
Edited by McLadin#1304 on 12/5/2012 4:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Artofbreakin
keep reflect please!!!! its the only interesting affix that takes thought to beat still.

You kidding me? so reducing damage/massing vit or stacking leech takes skill?

How about didging 7 frozen orbs while weaving in and out of several spinning arcane orbs while feared?

Which one takes skill and which one takes a gear check? Ie narrow build.
Edited by McLadin#1304 on 12/5/2012 4:15 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]