Diablo® III

Post if ur TIRED of Nerf Reflect QQ threads

Dirtbags like yhou shouldnt have an opinion...build correctly.

Whoa dude, chill out on the ad hominem attacks.

Aye. I apologized already if you kept reading post's or missed it.

Was totally inappropriate.
Edited by McLadin#1304 on 12/5/2012 5:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Blizz should just go ahead and give the crybabies an "I-win" button that kills everything on the screen and leave RD alone for those of us who still want a tiny bit of challenge. Seriously, they made the game pay-to-win with the RMAH so just buy some AR/LOH/LS gear with your credit card if you are having that much trouble with RD. Or else, spec your class's damage mitigation skills.
Reply Quote
keep reflect please!!!! its the only interesting affix that takes thought to beat still.

You kidding me? so reducing damage/massing vit or stacking leech takes skill?

How about didging 7 frozen orbs while weaving in and out of several spinning arcane orbs while feared?

Which one takes skill and which one takes a gear check? Ie narrow build.

To be fair blizzard did purposely design it so that players cannot dodge enemy attacks by moving out of the way.

It's intentional. We don't want a game where the most effective way to play is to dodge in and out of enemy attacks.It's not that difficult to do, and it's just not a very fun way to play.

We want combat to be based on use of abilities, putting thought into builds, building up offensive and defensive stats, etc. Skill is absolutely a part of all of the systems you'll use, and kiting can be too, but it'd be ridiculous if you could avoid all of the systems that make the game the game because you can time dodges of enemy attacks and negate every other factor.

For this game, class builds and maintaining gear is part of the criteria for player skill.

So as a result reflect damage can be considered difficulty that takes thought to beat.

However, the players who have a problem with reflect damage do not want the game to become easier.

Rather they are also suggesting that a new monster affix or alteration to reflect damage be made so that there is less emphasis on gear and more on player skill in order to beat it.
Edited by Death#1665 on 12/5/2012 5:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Death

You kidding me? so reducing damage/massing vit or stacking leech takes skill?

How about didging 7 frozen orbs while weaving in and out of several spinning arcane orbs while feared?

Which one takes skill and which one takes a gear check? Ie narrow build.

To be fair blizzard did purposely design it so that players cannot dodge enemy attacks by moving out of the way.

It's intentional. We don't want a game where the most effective way to play is to dodge in and out of enemy attacks.It's not that difficult to do, and it's just not a very fun way to play.

We want combat to be based on use of abilities, putting thought into builds, building up offensive and defensive stats, etc. Skill is absolutely a part of all of the systems you'll use, and kiting can be too, but it'd be ridiculous if you could avoid all of the systems that make the game the game because you can time dodges of enemy attacks and negate every other factor.

For this game, class builds and maintaining gear is part of the criteria for player skill.

So as a result reflect damage can be considered difficulty that takes thought to beat.

However, the players who have a problem with reflect damage do not want the game to become easier.

Rather they are also suggesting that a new monster affix or alteration to reflect damage be made so that there is less emphasis on gear and more on player skill in order to beat it.

Again in this case then why does a melee not die 1-2 shots but a caster will. With my gear on (switch mains for mains based on chars)

Theres a huge difference, yet melle gets the benifit of not 2 shotting themselves. Yet we both deal with every other skill the enemy has the same way except this one skill effects caster x1000 more, its honestly make the game tedious, not enjoyable having to search for the reflect damage title under thier names before you cast your attack.

Thats not something i had to worry about when i used my melee character and the build was almost identical to my current wd...in fact my wd currently has more leech then my monk ever did, the same amount of res (actually wd has more when 5 stach Sh) my wd has less then 2k life then my monk did and 1.5% less armor, yet my monk never came close to 1-2 shotting himself when he was at his buffed up damage, which was again almost 140k beefed so somewhat simular to my current wd.

Yet my caster get plowed trying to plow monsters and i'm the one who needs to change?
It is currently the only mechanic in actual gameplay that i dislike, i can manage all other abilities through diff techniques but reflect comes down to me having to have a certian gear check requirement specifically for my caster.

thats not right.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Jim
Blizz should just go ahead and give the crybabies an "I-win" button that kills everything on the screen and leave RD alone for those of us who still want a tiny bit of challenge. Seriously, they made the game pay-to-win with the RMAH so just buy some AR/LOH/LS gear with your credit card if you are having that much trouble with RD. Or else, spec your class's damage mitigation skills.

They did...its called the WW Baba.

Now the majority of them are the ones calling people who dislike Rd crybaby's *)
Reply Quote
If you cant handle RD then you are a failed gamer, no matter what your dps. only those noob without knowledge of how to deal with game suffer the RD problem. Many 300k dps player know how to deal with RD, please learn but not complaint.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 06:01 PMPosted by KOHero
If you cant handle RD then you are a failed gamer, no matter what your dps. only those noob without knowledge of how to deal with game suffer the RD problem. Many 300k dps player know how to deal with RD, please learn but not complaint.

here i can tell you a simple way at 300k dps on a wd to beat reflect, doesnt mean its not a bad mechanic.

Spirit walk + zombie bears.

Done.

Damn i hate not knowing how to play a game.
Edited by McLadin#1304 on 12/5/2012 6:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
if you only know changing skill but dunno how to gear your character, let me tell you if you lack of gaming knowledge.

In so many game, many of them have Reflect Damage. But there are mostly got 2 type of Reflect Type.

1.) Reflect flat damage per hit.
2.) Reflect by your damage % per hit. (current diablo 3 using this)

Solution
1.) To counter this, use slower attack speed but each hit deal a massive damage, so the LS/LoH can cover the flat damage return per hit, if you attack fast but lower damage each hit, you will get return more damage.
2.) To counter this, use faster attack speed, but each hit deal a lower damage, so each time the return damage is lower and LS/LoH can cover it.

Learn it.
Reply Quote
if you only know changing skill but dunno how to gear your character, let me tell you if you lack of gaming knowledge.

In so many game, many of them have Reflect Damage. But there are mostly got 2 type of Reflect Type.

Solution
1.) To counter this, use slower attack speed but each hit deal a massive damage, so the LS/LoH can cover the flat damage return per hit, if you attack fast but lower damage each hit, you will get return more damage.
2.) To counter this, use faster attack speed, but each hit deal a lower damage, so each time the return damage is lower and LS/LoH can cover it.

Learn it.

They took reflects out of D2 because it was stupid, and they should take it out of d3 because it is stupid.

I know how the thing works, I play a class least effected by it (serenity, sweeping wind, etc say hi), and yet, I still think it's still stupid as hell.

If you play a diablo game for a challenge without imposing artificial constraints on yourself, then you're just really bad at games. This game isn't hard. Sure, you might need a little bit of timing sometimes, but the skill ceiling is incredibly low.

Even more so in this game where gear is the only thing that defines you. It basically means there's 3 difficulties: faceroll, almost faceroll, and lots o' death.
Edited by Candlejack#1747 on 12/5/2012 6:59 PM PST
Reply Quote

Solution

Learn it.

So i lack gaming knowledge because I have to be forced to use a certian skill at a certian speed instead of using whatever skill i want at whatever top speed i want with as much cc and cd I want/can get which in turn tears through 99% of the rest of the game but kills me in a couple shots on one specific monster that I have to take time reading titles under to determine if i should attack it or not?

hmmm being a pro gamer like you sounds restricted....
Reply Quote
Do you see HC ppl complaint about it? why cant you gear a more balanced character?
Edited by KOHero#6560 on 12/5/2012 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 07:02 PMPosted by KOHero
Do you see HC ppl complaint about it? why cant you gear a more balanced character?

Cause im not playing hc?

You ever watch or play hardcore?

The majority of players take the easiest way out and play a single area for long periods of time.

I call it chicken !@#$ gaming, but i do appreciate the fact that ur dead your dead and thats thrilling for them. Thats not for me, i like doing massive amounts of damage and takking damage from bad guys that actually hit me...not killing myself because i didnt do an ability check before i went scarface on some yellows.

I'm being penalized for doing too much damage and forgetting to read my monsters ability list under thier name......awesome. Glad that has anything to do with ability.

Even if i check for reflect damage i cant change my skills or else i lose my Nv bonus..yay another penalty for choosing what I want......keeps getting better.
Edited by McLadin#1304 on 12/5/2012 7:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't care, I'm a barb / WD so, it doesn't effect me but...

Glass cannons should be a viable build. Any build variety helps a game that needs variety pretty bad so...

No need to have DHs getting 1 shooted if they wanna make a certain build. Thats not good game design flat out.
Reply Quote
The real problem here has nothing to do with RD, it has to do with everything else being a joke. RD wasn't cried about for a long time because if you got touched by a mortar, you died. If you got touched by an arcane beam, you died. If a Hulking Phase Beast was in the same area code as you were, you died.

Now the monsters themselves have been nerfed so hard that the only thing people have to worry about is self-inflicted damage. This is a ridiculous state of affairs.
Reply Quote
The real problem here has nothing to do with RD, it has to do with everything else being a joke. RD wasn't cried about for a long time because if you got touched by a mortar, you died. If you got touched by an arcane beam, you died. If a Hulking Phase Beast was in the same area code as you were, you died.

Now the monsters themselves have been nerfed so hard that the only thing people have to worry about is self-inflicted damage. This is a ridiculous state of affairs.

Sounds just like d2...that was/is a great game.

No?

Ohhhhh...right....they took iron maiden out of d2....damn it IS a great game!!

Not only that there was 1 specific monster in specific areas of the game and it was a chance to be casted, a visible sign above youre head knowing you had it and it went away fairly quickly. Affected melee classes.

D3 reflect : need to search ability titles under targets in a massive spam skill slaughter demon game, doesnt go away, random spawn on random elite/champ monsters and always on 1 specific boss. No actual on screen no hover identification. Affects most classes but specifically any class that does massive damage and has a low leech, except for barbs....nothing affects baba's, must have a specific skill for this one type of enemy, cant change skills without being penalized.

hmmmmmm.
Edited by McLadin#1304 on 12/5/2012 8:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
im just tired of cry babies, never mind the reflect posts
Reply Quote
I don't care, I'm a barb / WD so, it doesn't effect me but...

Glass cannons should be a viable build. Any build variety helps a game that needs variety pretty bad so...

No need to have DHs getting 1 shooted if they wanna make a certain build. Thats not good game design flat out.

There are all types of builds that players can use, some are just better than others. Right now the Glass Cannon build is just not the best choice, and it should never be the best choice.

DH don't have to get 1 shotted by anything and still have a high DPS. There isn't a monster in the game that can 1 shot me and while my DPS isn't the highest, it is pretty high.

And I'll add this for the whiner, this is not D2. If D2 is so great and it doesn't have RD then go play D2. This is D3, it has RD and it's better because of it. If you want to play D3 and survive then you need to add some diversity to your gear and skill selections.
Reply Quote
Im tired of people who are tired of people that complain.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]