Diablo® III

Post if ur TIRED of Nerf Reflect QQ threads

Reflect damage is too high is all. It causes all ranged classes to be penalized while barbs & monks have a minor annoyance. Remember, on top of the reflect damage the mobs still get to do their attacks/affixes... If you are a ranged class fighting a bunch of spear chuckers/fireball tossers with reflect damage then their is no respite from getting hurt.
Reply Quote
I agree. Im sick of the complaining. I think someone needs to start a "post if ur sick of drop rates suck" cuz there is a hell of a lot of whining going on about that.
Reply Quote
I don't want to see Reflect Damage nerfed. But, I do want to see it become something interesting and dynamic, rather than just a defensive stat check. I understand it's purpose is to force people to gear in a balanced manner, rather than just stacking DPS, but it is effectively killing the Glass Cannon style that some people prefer. If you want to run a character that is one-shot kill, but is also one-shot death, and you are able to use your abilities coupled with skillful play in order to stay alive, then I think you should be able to do that. It isn't my preferred playstyle, and I would continue to balance DPS and EHP even if they totally removed Reflect from the game (they shouldn't). But, I hate that my Witch Doctor (and sometimes even Hammer Barb if the group is large enough and tightly packed) is effectively neutered by an affix that runs constantly, leaves no means of evasion, and punishes me for having high DPS (even though my EHP is high as well). It isn't fun to have to stand around or use lower damage skills while waiting for a cooldown. This isn't fun, nor is it challenging my build, my abilities usage, or my skill at the game. In closing, I am not suggesting nor implying that Reflect should be nerfed. I am, however, suggesting that is be changed into something functional and interesting, like the Shielding affix that goes on and off. This would force players to carefully and skillfully apply their high damage skills, but not be neutered completely.
Edited by EddardStark#1833 on 12/6/2012 7:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
It should be just like iron maiden only kills physical damage mele. Wizards should not be affected by reflect damage immunity to magic damage and physical damage elite's would be better. Then casters might actually have to play with more than just themselves!
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Monoxide27
Yo dawg, I heard you're tired of Nerf RD threads. So I created a Nerf RD thread to talk about no more Nerf RD threads, to eliminate Nerf RD threads. Dawg.

Like a sir.

OP
Makes thread about QQ threads
Makes QQ thread
Reply Quote
I approve this topic. Glass cannons must suffer.
Reply Quote
It should be just like iron maiden only kills physical damage melee.

Exactly.

...and Missile dampening should hamper range...(it doesn't do a thing to melee)
Reply Quote
Reflect damage is too high is all. It causes all ranged classes to be penalized while barbs & monks have a minor annoyance.

Molten is too high is all. It causes all melee classes to be penalized while dh & wizards & witch doctors have a minor annoyance.
Reply Quote
Reflect damage is too high is all. It causes all ranged classes to be penalized while barbs & monks have a minor annoyance.

Molten is too high is all. It causes all melee classes to be penalized while dh & wizards & witch doctors have a minor annoyance.

You think ranged classes don't have to worry about molten? Nice account you have there with one level zero barb? WTF kinda troll are you?
Reply Quote
+1 I agree with the op, but unfortunately babies will be babies, if its not the RD its the drop rate or this or that...or how I'm so helpless I vendor my legedary loots by accident 8*( I am loling right now at people getting one shotted in the keep depths by firewall.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 07:29 AMPosted by Slay
And I'll add this for the whiner, this is not D2. If D2 is so great and it doesn't have RD then go play D2. This is D3, it has RD and it's better because of it. If you want to play D3 and survive then you need to add some diversity to your gear and skill selections.

How the heck does RD add diversity to D3? It fracking limits it!

Glass cannon shouldn't be the best choice - it's not a choice at all as long as there's RD in this game. And it still won't be the best choice after RD is gone.

Use your brains at LEAST ONCE IN A WHILE, you have them for a reason!
Reply Quote

First of all, molten + waller/vortex will kill ranged, so it IS something that ranged toons worry about.

Second, molten damage is CAPPED based on the MP level. It DOESN'T SCALE with your gear.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Monoxide27
Yo dawg, I heard you're tired of Nerf RD threads. So I created a Nerf RD thread to talk about no more Nerf RD threads, to eliminate Nerf RD threads. Dawg.

^
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Chrisssay
+1 I agree with the op, but unfortunately babies will be babies, if its not the RD its the drop rate or this or that...or how I'm so helpless I vendor my legedary loots by accident 8*( I am loling right now at people getting one shotted in the keep depths by firewall.

Ignorant trolls will be ignorant trolls.

It's a good thing they don't affect anything when it comes to game changes.
Reply Quote
Agreed OP!
...though Blizzard already stated, that they will "change" aka nerf RD ^^
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:27 AMPosted by Anagram8
yeah im tired of it!!! get more DEF!!!! quit being a glass cannon.

Thanks %^-*o, and glad to see someone else having AR and some Life Steal in their setup.

Why on earth do you care about how other players gear their chars?
Reply Quote
Yes.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 09:59 AMPosted by AOHNH
And I'll add this for the whiner, this is not D2. If D2 is so great and it doesn't have RD then go play D2. This is D3, it has RD and it's better because of it. If you want to play D3 and survive then you need to add some diversity to your gear and skill selections.

How the heck does RD add diversity to D3? It fracking limits it!

Glass cannon shouldn't be the best choice - it's not a choice at all as long as there's RD in this game. And it still won't be the best choice after RD is gone.

Use your brains at LEAST ONCE IN A WHILE, you have them for a reason!

Diversity
1. the state or fact of being diverse; difference; unlikeness.
2. variety; multiformity.
3. a point of difference.

The majority of players complaining about RD have the same basic build, all offense and no defense (or a very limited defense). That is not being diverse. My build started as a Glass Cannon and as I progressed through the game I diversified into a RD killing machine. And guess what? I'm no longer Glass but I still have a pretty good Cannon. Look for some other stats, make a sacrifice, do something different. RD demands that you do something different to survive, RD demands Diversity.

I use my brain all the time. Thats why RD doesn't kill me, I determined a change was necessary, I diversitized my build and now I kill instead of being killed.

And I only have one brain so it should be "you have it for a reason" not "you have them for a reason".
Reply Quote
Hey OP how much real money did you spend on that witch doctor or what bot program do you use. TY for info will wait for your answer
Reply Quote
Diversity
1. the state or fact of being diverse; difference; unlikeness.
2. variety; multiformity.
3. a point of difference.

The majority of players complaining about RD have the same basic build, all offense and no defense (or a very limited defense). That is not being diverse. My build started as a Glass Cannon and as I progressed through the game I diversified into a RD killing machine. And guess what? I'm no longer Glass but I still have a pretty good Cannon. Look for some other stats, make a sacrifice, do something different. RD demands that you do something different to survive, RD demands Diversity.

So, you build your toon just like everyone else did who had to deal with RD? And that's "diversity"? Where? Explain yourself.

I use my brain all the time. Thats why RD doesn't kill me, I determined a change was necessary, I diversitized my build and now I kill instead of being killed.

And I only have one brain so it should be "you have it for a reason" not "you have them for a reason".

You followed a pre-determined path that everyone else took, because they had to - due to RD.

You DID NOT "diversify".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]