I'm not sure if this hasn't been brought up yet, and nobody really cares about the plot of D3, but there might be one some people haven't come across yet. But they won't give us PvP and farming can get boring so I came up with this kulle story.

One of the problems I had with D3's plot is that all the characters are essentially too goody goody. Sure the Wizard has an ego, the Barb is jaded, and the Demon Hunter is a hater-- making the DH the least boring personality by default but by the end they end up saving the day, saving worthless NPCs and getting that cheesy feel good ending. There's nothing wrong with that really but since Blizzard seems to be a fan of grimdark endings...

So what if we have an alternate ending for beating inferno? In this one, your PC decides that he/she is sick of being the pawns of heaven and hell, and instead of celebrating with everyone over Diablo's dead body, you give a signal to your followers and end up just murdering everyone else in the room, then proceed to burn and loot what remains of heaven, hanging Imperius's corpse off the top of the Spire. You are sick of justice and valor, and thus you literally killed it.

The expansion could then be about you using your nephalem power raining forth terror upon all 3 realms, making some wishing that Diablo should have won. You will be able to kill town NPCs too; if Haedrig crafts another piece of crap, kill him and loot his corpse.

In the end, the PC will have become just as evil as their former manipulators, becoming an extremely selfish being that is only concerned about their own pleasure and greed. Oh wait...
Edited by ArchonWing#1480 on 12/5/2012 10:32 AM PST