Diablo® III

Please make 8ppl game possible - like in D2

I don't understand why D3 is limiting the number of player per game to only 4 players. I want to play with my brother, his 2 friends and my 2 friends. Now we have to split up to do uber and farming. It just doesn't make sense that a 10 years old game like D2 can handle 8 players back when we were using dial up, and D3 can't do the same using broadband.

Please restore D2 8 player goodness.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
bump for awesome feature suggestion
Reply Quote
Anyone else think this is a needed improvement for the next patch?
Reply Quote
I feel like it would be too clustered the way it is set up now if they allowed more than 4 players. I think the screen would need to be zoomed out more to accommodate more players. I still however agree with the OP, 4 is too small of a number. There have been countless times where I wanted to play with 5-6 ppl but ended up splitting it up 4,2 or 3,3 and sharing a vent channel.

I think 6 would be a good fair number to shoot for if they plan on increasing the number of players allowed in a single game.
Reply Quote
I agree that 6 would be a nice number. I think 8 would be a bit much given all that goes on even in a 4 player game.
I would truly love if we could have more though.
Reply Quote
4 was always to low of a number. I have always wondered if the plan from the start was introduce the game as 4 player and then use the expansion to take it to 8 player (major selling point).

I couldn't see any other reason why you would want to go backwards from D2. Of course I can't see the reason why they have done a lot of the dumb things in this game.
Reply Quote
I don't understand why D3 is limiting the number of player per game to only 4 players. I want to play with my brother, his 2 friends and my 2 friends. Now we have to split up to do uber and farming. It just doesn't make sense that a 10 years old game like D2 can handle 8 players back when we were using dial up, and D3 can't do the same using broadband.

Thank you.

Everytime the dev team mentions to improve team play in this game, I mock b/c of this reason. They actually downgrade the socializing aspect compared to D2.
Reply Quote
i could barely see anything with just 4 players due to 1000000x different graphical effects...
Reply Quote

Thank you.

Everytime the dev team mentions to improve team play in this game, I mock b/c of this reason. They actually downgrade the socializing aspect compared to D2.

Boy if that ain't the truth. I think blizz totally has misunderstood the importance of social aspects of the game.
Reply Quote
They need to fix the game before adding more fail...

Do we really need more WW/nado and perma-freeze in the game?

How much health would mobs have when 8 people in the game? With current scaling it would take so long to kill them that no one would want to play with 8 people...

The rubberbanding and load lag is horrible with just 4 players right now. 8 players won't help.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]