Diablo® III

Mace vs Axe

Hi all barb,

I am into Mace/Axe for the extra 10% CC from weapon mastery. Most of the guide I see going for axe but I almost always find that mace have higher dps compare with axe with the similar budget and stat.

My understanding of WW build is that damage of tornado are from MH while the ticks from OH speed (provided it is the last hand swung). I have tested using faster weapon as MH but it did not seems to improve sheet APS. Is there any mechanism that axe are preferred? maybe its just me?
Reply Quote
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjPQvt06HFyJdHJjY1JSVEo5dkI5QUttMzY1Q0pWR2c#gid=0

This is a spreadsheet featured on Nubtro's WW and Sprint mechanics thread (spreadsheet made by Twister), when putting in the numbers you can see that it makes it easier to access your next breakpoint with WW and Sprint tornados.

If me talking about breakpoints and whatnot is confusing you here is Nubtro's topic, it is lengthy, but a very important read if you want to maximize efficiency while gearing:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037344497?page=1

It is not necessary to go with axe over mace, it just means stacking more IAS gear to get to the same breakpoint....something barbs on a budget generally can't afford.
Reply Quote
Like Wayneold mentioned, you'll need to look at the linked thread to get an understanding of the mechanics of WW and the breakpoints you want to achieve. Once you set yourself a goal, run simulations with a calculator (d3up.com and d3rawr.com are some good ones) to see what it would take to get you to where you want to be. Remember that paper/sheet dps doesn't tell the whole story.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]